2021 Lenten Whole30

Knight_rider84

Hello! I am starting my first Whole30 (40+) for Lent tomorrow (2/17).  I’ve been grain and mostly legume free for 3 weeks, so I guess I am easing into it : ) No sugar will definitely be the hardest thing for me! Curious if anyone else is doing Whole30 for Lent instead of the typical monthly one.

Good luck! Great motivation. 
I’m not Christian but ever since I was a child I have given something up for Lent, usually chocolate. This year my kids laughed at me because as they say “you’ve already given up everything good” so I have nothing to give up this year! So I’m going to pledge to do yoga daily until Easter instead. 

• Moderators
On 2/16/2021 at 5:01 AM, Knight_rider84 said:

Curious if anyone else is doing Whole30 for Lent instead of the typical monthly one

There's usually a whole group of people doing Lenten Whole30 for the full 40 days - hopefully some others will join you on this thread! Good luck, you'll do great!

I also started my first Whole30 yesterday.  I had found the Whole30 book for free while out running last summer, found it intriguing and have been thinking about taking this challenge. 

I've done a lot of food-related Lenten sacrifices in recent years such as no fast food, no sugar, going vegan.  This one is maybe a bit more strict in giving up sugar AND alcohol AND bread/rice so I'm wondering what the experience will bring. 

My health goals are hopefully to have a positive impact on my elevated blood pressure (trying to avoid going on medication) and the really appealing benefit would be to sleep better!

Archived