Round and round and round we go - Round... 8?

SchrodingersCat

Day 11.

We just recorded the highest day of cases since this time last year, when we were in our first really long lockdown. I don't see how we're getting out of it any time soon, and I'm starting to really worry about Christmas, as my parents and family are in another state, with no cases, and with a hard border with my state. If I can't go home for Christmas, I'm going to really lose it. We're seriously house shopping there right now, because we're sick of this. 

Anyway. Sigh.

Another nice day today I believe so there will be the lunchtime walk, and some Ring Fit later. I have to say I'm not sore sore, but I do feel it the next day. It's certainly not elite training but for a very unfit ducky like me, it's certainly got its charms. I hope they make new games for it too. 

Tonight is a W30 fav: crispy skinned chicken. Yum. 

M1 and M2 are the inevitable leftovers, I'm determined not to let anything go to waste. 

M1: Thai curry pumpkin soup and leftover char sui pork

M2: salmon cakes, spicy mayo and  rainbow slaw

M3: Crispy skinned chicken marylands with sautéed carrot, broccolini and not sure what else yet.

I'm finding I'm a lot less hungry and my meals are getting smaller. Still fitting the template, but I am usually a volume eater and now I'm stopping when satisfied. It's good!

I have to say though, day 4 of mid-afternoon gastric distress is getting a bit old...

The different ways of handling the pandemic across the world amazes me - I am so sorry you are completely shut-down again.  And how terrible to think there is no end in sight, at least before Christmas.  I wish you the best of luck in finding a home in your parents' state.  In my little area of the world, school started this week with local numbers 3 times above the threshold set to re-open schools last year.  So we have triple the infection rates, low vaccination rates among adults in my area, and a masking "mandate" put in place by the school board, but not upheld by the state government.  Oh, and everyone is walking around mask-less in the community.  No wonder our rates are so high...

Anyway, hooray for the exercise.  I have not heard of this thing called ring fit - will be researching.  And you have the most delicious-sounding meals.  Yum!!

Thank you! I think loving to cook and make delicious meals makes this SO much easier, plus it's my lockdown hobby and I have time from working at home.

Yeah, I sit here in our lockdown with 300 cases a day and look at other places in the world where they have thousands and are open but with really high cases and hospitalisations, and I don't know which is worse. Hubster and I both have significant underlying conditions, and even vaxxed I'm scared what getting Covid would mean for either of us (especially him). 

Anywho. It's Friday! as per last week, this means looking forward to waking up at the same damn time I do every day, but without the spectre of an alarm, and not having to sit down in front of my work computer. Going to wash the dog (he stinky), get my garden beds ready for spring planting, get a nice long walk in tomorrow before the weather goes to hell on Sunday, and cook something delicious. 

I had a realisation yesterday, I've been getting sudden and severe gastric distress in the mid-afternoon, put it down to change is diet. Um, so. No, that would be the fact that I ate a whole cabbage over the course of 4 days in slaw. So yeah. No cabbage today LOL.

M1: Salmon patties with sauteed asparagus,  and broccolini and spicy mayo (I'm obsessed with spicy mayo).

M2: Not sure, need to check out the leftover situation.

M3: Slow cooked  ras el hanout  lamb shoulder with harrisa sauce, with zaatar roasted eggplant, cauliflower and  carrots. 

OH,  and I forgot my big complaint - I love sleeping well, I love having energy but DAMMIT body, please go back to sleep when I wake up at the crack of dawn!! I'm not a big morning person, I don't want to get up, and I'd like more than 6 hours sleep PLEASE! I go back to sleep ok if it's dark when I wake up, but when the sun is up, I am too. 

I'm glad you found a fairly easy answer to your gastric issues - cabbage!  Ugh.  

I'm laughing at your crack of dawn wakefulness - I want that back!  I was thinking this morning that I should have my hubby open the curtains when he gets up so that maybe the morning light will help me get back on schedule again.  I think he's just been trying to be nice knowing that I need the sleep.

Enjoy the weekend - especially the gardening!  

Every time I do W30 I wake super early- but this time I haven’t been. I was actually thinking today that obviously that means somethings not working right yet. 

your lockdown sounds horrible. Here in the uk literally every adult pretty much is vaccinated, we are even doing vulnerable kids now, 3rd doses for some this winter- and our cares are still high, and our death rate is still rising?! So when is this ever going to end? But we are all ‘free’ , no restrictions, no masks, no social distancing? My daughter has been back at college 2 days and is now isolating waiting for a Covid test! 2 days! 

CONFESSION TIME - I had wine last night. It wasn't a slip, it was a conscious decision to join my husband for a couple of glasses on a day where we got some pretty.... shocking news. It needed unpacking and mulling, and wine was appropriate. The small victory is that it was only wine, I didn't use it as an excuse to have anything else non-compliant. 

SO Day 1!  Still woke up stupid early UGH. But it's a nice day and gardening is on the cards. Feel a bit dusty from having wine but that's deserved and I'll learn from it. So long as it was just that one night, and doesn't become the weekend (which it won't), it's all good - this round is more of a lifestyle switch. 

M1: Last night's dinner - Slow cooked  ras el hanout  lamb shoulder with zaatar roasted eggplant, asparagus, broccolini and  carrots. 

Rest of the day unsure, may get a whole chook and put it on the rotisserie on the Weber, seeing as it is nice.

M2: Salmon patties with mayo and a whole bunch of fresh off the plant sugar snap peas my neighbour dropped over. 

M3: Rib eyes on the Weber, Weber sweet potato rounds, asparagus and broccolini with pesto

Got my garden planted - oregano, thyme, parsley, coriander, basil, pak choy, silverbeet, spinach, tomatoes. I still need to get an eggplant, capsicum and a cherry tomato.

Also mowed the lawn, jarred up my sauerkraut, neighbour also brought me a ton of carrots, still covered in dirt, so I scrubbed them up and now they're in the pot for carrot, celeriac and ginger soup.  

Funnily enough, unlike ALL the other times, having wine last night doesn't make me want wine tonight, which is good. 

UGH. OK. So. 

I stayed compliant food-wise all weekend, but had wine all 3 days. It's that slippery slope, and it was a weird and emotive weekend. Back on track 100% today, however. Didn't do a lot of food prep- yesterday was a couch and movie day, hubster needed a decompress. 

M1: Tuna patties and carrot soup.

M2: Not sure yet, need to have a browse and see what's there.

M3: baked turkey drumsticks with gravy, mashed cauli and potato, and sauteed broccolini

No.

More.

WINE!!!

All food has been compliant and I'm still feeling good. But back on track until my birthday. 

M1: sauteed broccolini and asparagus with fried eggs

M2: A snacky veg platter with tzatziki, and meatballs with dipping sauce

M3: Macadamia an lemon crusted flake with broccolini, asparagus and sweet potato chips

Archived