(Re)starting September w30

Rebecca001

Today started well but I got home from work and felt really unwell. Shivering, aching, and exhausted. I ate lunch, made a smoothie with berries and coconut milk, but I then stupidly ate a few chocolates and this evening I have drunk some wine. So not a very good day at all! 

I’m determined to find my groove. I continue to plan my food every evening and set out with the intention of being 100% compliant. I have arranged to work from home tomorrow so I will run in the morning, and then my food will be eggs at lunch and then dinner will be steak and salad. Not drinking tomorrow. This is as good as I can manage right now.

This weekend I am going to do a few writing/journaling exercises to try and get my head back in the game properly, I am really struggling at the moment and I seem to be able to do a few days then lose my motivation. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday- brilliant 

today- not great. I mean, it was enjoyable, but not great in w30 terms. All planned out for tomorrow, shopping list written and menu done for the week. So I’m back (again) 

i’n tired of this, tired of my lack of motivation and tired of how I feel right now. I do not know what has happened to me since end of august, but I really need to find it deep in there and dredge up some motivation from somewhere! It’s like I cannot flick the switch and get back into it. But I will. I know it’s in there. I just have to keep trying and keep restarting. 

I’m due on in 5 days as well which could make this week very tricky but I know that eating rubbish food will make me feel worse so it’s time to get serious. 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:59 PM, Rebecca001 said:

I’m determined to find my groove. I continue to plan my food every evening and set out with the intention of being 100% compliant.

This is also how I find my groove when I get off-track.  Return to the habits that set me straight, like you with planning your food every evening.  It's a fine balance, intending 100% compliance but being able to quickly restart if you aren't.  There are so many cute quotes about success and failure, but there is so much truth in trying again and not letting less-than-perfect derail you.  

The journaling helps me, too.  One of my healthy habits that I return to if things go awry.  The motivation is there, or you wouldn't keep coming back. It's just sometimes not easy to bring it to the surface.  You've got this!!   

Yesterday was a great day, a “proper” w30 day- by that I mean not just the food but the behaviours; I didn’t snack or graze, my meals fit the template (both lunch and dinner were the same, leftover Sunday roast with piles of veg) and I did a good workout as well. So I’m really pleased with that. 
my food is planned loosely for today: salad and tinned mackerel and egg for lunch and dinner will be a traybake of chicken thighs, lemon garlic and sweet potato. 

Another good day yesterday, stuck to my food plan and went to circuit training. Meals yesterday were: baked potato and mackerel with mayo, and chicken thighs with salad, avocado, olives and mayo. I had some vitamin juice, and also an apple and a satsuma. 

my fruit consumption has dropped significantly and so have my sugar cravings. When I did my first w30 I ate no fruit really, I do feel I need it for the nutrients but not too much as it’s so sugary. 

today: rest day from workouts, I really want to do a lovely yoga session instead. Busy day as always at work. Lunch will be eggs, salad, fish and dinner will be pork steaks and veg. I might do a chimichurri sauce for the pork. I also need to cook a chicken for my lunches for the next few days and will make some bone broth.

I won’t jinx it but I’m feeling really good this week, it’s only been a couple of days but I feel like I’ve started to get back in the groove a bit.,

Another good day today, that’s 3 in a row which is probably the most successful I’ve been in quite a few weeks! 
Food was salad with leftover chicken thigh and mayo, a nectarine and some nuts. Dinner was chicken wrapped in bacon with asparagus and an apple. This evening I had a few more nuts. I had a rest day from workouts but also didn’t manage yoga. 
I’ve roasted a chicken for some cold meat for lunches and dinner tomorrow really will be those pork steaks and chimichurri (supposed to be tonight!) 

Yesterday (Thursday) was another good day, although my period came and I did find myself more hungry than the previous 3 days. 
I went for a run and, no word of a lie, it was the worst run I have done probably in years. After around 5 km I just simply had no energy in my legs, I wasn’t out of breath, but my legs just would not go. I ended up walking a fair amount of it in order to get home. I have not experienced that ever before. 
I think it must be a hangover from doing fitness classes earlier in the week, although I did have a rest day yesterday. So who knows? 
I’ve got a nice steak tonight, just with some green veg and don’t really feel like having a drink so all good. I have eaten significantly less fruit this week (probably because I didn’t buy the really accessible fruit, like bananas) and I can’t believe how much my sugar craving has reduced. 

next week I’m really starting properly, I set out to just do compliant food this week but I’ve actually exceeded that and feel like I’ve had a really good few w30 days. I will plan my menu tonight for the week ahead and shop tomorrow. I don’t want to jinx it but I feel like I’ve got back in the groove a little bit this week which feels very good. 

Yesterday (Saturday) wasnt great. I started off well but mid afternoon it all went awry. 
today has been much better. I know it’s not protocol, but I genuinely feel like I am less hungry when I don’t eat breakfast. I skipped breakfast today and then ate at lunch, bacon avo and salad, and some grapes. 
i’ve begun the prep for a roast dinner, plus some prep for the week ahead. I don’t normally take lunches up work as I leave at 1 but this week I will be staying all day on a few days so will take a leftover meal as lunch. 

I went for a run this morning, not back to my previous pace but not as horrific as earlier in the week. It’s a lovely crisp autumn sunny day here so I am meeting my friend for a walk this afternoon as well. 

I often don't feel like eating breakfast, either.  And the days that I do eat breakfast, it often throws me off for timing my other two meals.  I find it difficult to get the portion size just right, so that I'm hungry at the right time.  

I'm glad your running is coming back.  Enjoy the beautiful day! 

Wow, not posted since last weekend. The week has been very up and down. My meals have been ok but I have found myself reaching for sugary things to ease my crappy mood and complete exhaustion. We had a school inspection this week, very stressful, and have limped to the half term break which has finally started today! So I am drawing a line under the week. No point dwelling on it, 

I do however know that this has got to stop now. I feel so unhealthy. Tired, repeatedly getting sore throats and winter virus, nothing too serious, but just mild things that last a few days. I need to plan my food and then actually stick to my plan, stop eating when I’m not hungry, and stop eating for emotional reasons. I have a week off from school now so the aim  of the game is : more sleep, more veg, more water! 

I’ve had two really good days. I have made myself eat breakfast (actually almond milk and frozen fruit and chia seeds smoothie) and my lunch and dinner has been very high protein. I’ve not felt hungry or craving sugar at all, which considering the last month is quite surprising! 
I’ve done 2 really busy days of working from home and now I’m having a few days off for autumn half term, so tomorrow I’m going to run in the morning then spend the day cleaning my house and sorting the kids rooms out. My food is all planned for the week. It is my daughters 18th on Friday so I will be having a meal out and wine, so technically I am not fully starting til Saturday. But even after 2 days I feel so much better. 

Another good day. Smoothie after my run this morning, berries, almond milk and chia; egg and bacon for lunch and an apple; sea bass fillet and steamed sugar snap peas for dinner, with pineapple afterward. Seems very straightforward, I definitely feel like I’ve sort of clicked back into it. 
I’m feeling so much better, my mood is hugely improved. I am hoping this is because of my food and not because I’m off work, because I will eventually have to return to work next week !! I think it’s a combination of food, better/more sleep and being off work to be honest 

tomorrow, run in the morning with my friend, then I plan to do jobs at home and get things sorted for returning to school next week. I did yoga today and will do that again tomorrow. It’s so good for my hip. 

• Moderators
On 10/29/2021 at 1:05 AM, Rebecca001 said:

Today is a scheduled day off plan as it’s my daughters birthday

I haven't read through this entire thread altho I noticed that it started in August.  As you know, there are no 'scheduled off plan' days on a Whole30 so without reading through the entire thread, I can assume that you're in your food freedom? If so and there's no one on this thread who is still doing a W30 from August, I'm going to move it to the food freedom/after W30 section of the forum so as not to confuse new people who may come along and wonder about scheduled days off.  If you want it to stay here in the main board, then I'll ask that you go through your posts and remove anything that is similar to what is quoted above and other off plan discussions. Let me know what you want to do.

It’s day 4 today and oh my, I have been incredibly emotional all day, really tearful and down in the dumps. Food has been great, chicken and salad twice and dinner was a Goan fish curry I saw in a w30 Facebook recipe page. Except- no fish, so it was chicken, and I didn’t have all the spices, or a cauliflower for rice…. So it wasn’t quite as planned. But still nice. 

I hope I feel less miserable tomorrow 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Rebecca001 said:

@SugarcubeODit says on October 26th I’m not restarting til saturday/ 30th October?  So not sure why it would need to be deleted? Am I not allowed to use this to journal my own thoughts, have good days and bad days? 

We definitely encourage you to use the forum for journaling. The 'Join the Whole30' section is for discussions of preparing and doing the program - if someone new came along and saw 'scheduled day off plan' and didn't look back at 3 days of posts and conversation to get some context, you can see where that would be confusing. 

Probably not had enough variety today. Light breakfast of a blended fruit and coconut milk, with spinach, chia and almond milk. It’s very filling, nice for a change. 
Lunch was leftover chicken curry from yesterday and a baked potato. 
dinner will be salmon, green veg. 
I didn’t feel nearly as tired and tearful today, but I do feel a bit washed out and very glad it’s the weekend. 

I’m going to write my shopping list tonight and shop tomorrow. I have a fitness class in the morning and then visiting my parents for firework night. Mum is whole30 too so she’s doing a veggie chilli 

It’s now day 11 and I’m feeling really good. Starting to feel the energy boost and that’s very welcome! Sleeping well. My meals are excellent, not snacking at all. I ran 10km after work today and although I did feel like it was hard work it wasn’t awful. Gearing up for 2nd dry weekend, I think one will be trickier because I’ve had a difficult week at work. But it will be ok, I’m sure 

Archived