For Real This Go

AWinnV

Hello Whole30 Gang,

I have done the Whole30 unofficially this past January. I stuck to it and loved it. Lately I have backslid so far away from the Whole9 that I am going to do the Whole30 "for real" this time. Last time I did join the forum or anything but I did stick 100% to the rules. This time I am downloading the Guide and joining the Forum.

My mother died last Saturday at the age of 60 after a 4.5 year ordeal with colorectal cancer. Nutritionally she was a disaster her whole life and my gut instinct is that her situation was avoidable through better lifestyle choices and early detection. Over the past few months I have seriously slid off the Whole9 wagon. Pizza for dinner last night, chicken fingers and fries a few nights ago, LOTS of sugar over the past couple of week. I could blame it on my Mom's passing but I won't. What I see is that the best way to cope is to take as stellar care of myself as I can. So I guess in a way, while I know the Whole30 is for me, I am dedicating this one to my Mom.

Thanks Gang,

AWinnV

• Moderators

I am sorry for your loss.

I understand being moved by your mother. My mother's obesity and diabetes was an important part of the motivation that got me to start taking care of myself several years ago. I may not be able to do anything about my mother, but I can do a lot about myself! Glad you're here!

Am sorry to hear of the loss of your mother AwinnV.

I think your way of coping, by taking really good care of yourself and your health, is a great idea. It would be so easy at a time like this, to do the opposite ,but it is good to find something positive to focus on in the midst of what must be a very difficult time for you.

Wishing you strength in the days ahead.

Hello Whole30 Gang,

I have done the Whole30 unofficially this past January. I stuck to it and loved it. Lately I have backslid so far away from the Whole9 that I am going to do the Whole30 "for real" this time. Last time I did join the forum or anything but I did stick 100% to the rules. This time I am downloading the Guide and joining the Forum.

My mother died last Saturday at the age of 60 after a 4.5 year ordeal with colorectal cancer. Nutritionally she was a disaster her whole life and my gut instinct is that her situation was avoidable through better lifestyle choices and early detection. Over the past few months I have seriously slid off the Whole9 wagon. Pizza for dinner last night, chicken fingers and fries a few nights ago, LOTS of sugar over the past couple of week. I could blame it on my Mom's passing but I won't. What I see is that the best way to cope is to take as stellar care of myself as I can. So I guess in a way, while I know the Whole30 is for me, I am dedicating this one to my Mom.

Thanks Gang,

AWinnV

I'm sorry for your loss... I think that sounds like a great idea... dedicating your whole30 to your Mom. I look forward to reading your daily food updates (if you choose to do that!), I completed my first whole30 on May 30th and feel great. I'm already jumping back on board and hoping to do it for 60 days. Thanks for sharing.

Archived