Zoe's food log!

zm12

So day 20 of my first Whole30 and I've just discovered the food log forum! I've actually been keeping my own food log in a word document but now I plan on posting all my meals here!

Breakfast: I made a stir fry with onion, apple, kabocha squash, kale, and shredded chicken. I topped it with salsa and half an avocado (not pictured). Sounds kinda weird, but this is such a great combo! I have some variation of this pretty much every morning, depending what vegetables I have on hand.

post-11578-0-67501500-1358723491_thumb.j

Lunch: A big spaghetti squash chicken and veggie bowl that consisted of kale, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, asparagus, tomato sauce, spag squash, and shredded chicken. I topped it with raw sauerkraut I got at the farmers market, yum! I also had a small apple.

post-11578-0-93617800-1358723648_thumb.j

I went on a walk to the farmers market right after breakfast and then went to hot yoga, so I didn't have a pre-workout meal and lunch was my post-workout meal. After lunch I also drank half a bottle of kombucha.

Side note-- I have trouble sleeping and a good nights sleep was one of the things that motivated me to do a whole30. So far, my sleep has been only slightly better, but last night I took magnesium for the second night in a row and I noticed a real difference! I'm really hopeful and excited to see how continually taking magnesium will affect my sleep!

Mmmm, I don't think your stir fry sounds weird, I think it sounds YUMMY :) Glad you're sleep seems to be improving, I struggle with sleep, too, but it has improved by leaps and bounds during my W30. :)

thanks!

Now here's last nights dinner:

post-11578-0-60123700-1358774621_thumb.j

I had baked jicama fries with homemade paleo ketchup, a huge pile of baked green beans, a few steamed carrots, and some petite tender. This was my first time eating red meat in probably about a year and I really don't know why I've avoided it, it's freaking good!! :D

sleep--Took magnesium and slept better again last night. It may just be my imagination, but I think the bags under my eyes are going away too! yay for sleep!

Day 21

breakfast: 3 egg + 1 extra egg white omelet w/ brussel sprouts, asparagus, tomato, zucchini, kale, and topped with a little salsa and sauerkraut. I also had a small baked sweet potato.

post-11578-0-27063900-1358822663_thumb.j

forgot to take a picture until I had eaten half of it!

*after breakfast I went on a 20 mile bike ride and lunch was my post workout meal

lunch: kabocha, raw carrots, curry chicken broccoli slaw (first time trying cooking with coconut milk, loved it!), and brussel sprouts

post-11578-0-22514000-1358822797_thumb.j

*after lunch I went to the gym for strength training and a little hiit on the treadmill

postworkout: baked chicken and about 1/3 of a sweet potato

dinner: tons of veggies (mushrooms, spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, kale, olives, avocado) w/ turkey meatballs (about 5 oz) and a banana

post-11578-0-37534600-1358822923_thumb.j

If anyone has any comments like I'm eating too much of one thing, too much all together, not enough of something, whatever it may be, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Day 22

Breakfast: stir fry of buttercup squash, half an apple, onion, kale, chicken, and some cashews

post-11578-0-71570300-1358906788_thumb.j

*after breakfast I went for a run and then went straight to hot yoga so I didn't have a pre-workout meal, and post-workout was my lunch

Lunch: leftover jicama fries with homemade ketchup and a huge salad w/ a can of tuna, raw mushrooms, spinach, 1/2 an apple, sprouts, beets, nappa cabbage, and sweet potato. Dressing was 1 T olive oil, a little mustard, and some balsamic vinegar.

post-11578-0-46600500-1358906981_thumb.j

Dinner: kale, shredded chicken, caulirice, and curried spinach. I also had half of an apple and 1 T almond butter.

post-11578-0-94555900-1358907025_thumb.j

Day 23

I had just begun to feel like I was settling into my whole30 until I became SO hungry waiting for dinner time to roll around. I worked out a little earlier than normal (a little more than two hours after lunch), so I didn't have a pre-workout meal, which may have contributed to my major hunger. I don't feel super good about my meals today, but tomorrow's a new day so I'm not going to let it get me down! :)

Breakfast: same as yesterday, hash of squash, onion, apple, chicken, cashews, and brussel sprouts

Lunch: 4 turkey meatballs (about 5 oz total), brussel sprouts, kale, 1 sweet potato, cashews

Dinner: 5-6 oz mahi mahi w/ braised cabbage and tomato sauce, 3/4 apple, 1 T almond butter, and because I couldn't be satisfied, a big bowl of mixed veggies including kale, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and celeriac

post-11578-0-73409300-1358991033_thumb.j

eek looking at the long list of everything I had for dinner makes me feel regretful and like I ate too much, but I was seriously so hungry! My stomach feels so full from all those veggies but I still feel kind of hungry...I'm done eating for the day though. I think part of the reason I got so hungry is because almost all my fat sources today were nuts, which I guess doesn't fill me up properly!

Day 24

Breakfast: hash w/ squash, onion, apple, chicken, brussel sprouts, 1/2 avocado + raw sauerkraut

Lunch: zucchini, 1/2 avocado, mushrooms, cauliflower, tomato sauce, 4 turkey meatballs

*I worked out about 2 hours after lunch so I didn't have a pre-workout snack, workout was 1 hr cardio intervals

Post-workout: kabocha squash and egg whites

Dinner: caulirice, curry spinach, kale, chicken, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 T coconut butter

Day 25

Breakfast: 3 egg+1 egg white omelet, veggies (cabbage, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli), avocado

post-11578-0-67545400-1359163380_thumb.j

Lunch: Curry broccoli slaw w/ chicken, caulirice, 1 small sweet potato

Pre-workout: 1/4 avocado + 1/2 serving chicken

Dinner: carnitas, green beans, cabbage, brussel sprouts, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 apple

post-11578-0-32467900-1359163389_thumb.j

I'm feeling pretty good, but I still almost always feel hungry about an hour or so after dinner. I think this might just be craving, because I normally have a good sized dinner and because before whole30 I was in the habit of making myself a night time snack/dessert every day.

here are yesterday's eats! (day 26)

Breakfast: the usual hash (onion, apple, brussel sprouts, ½ sweet potato, kale, chicken) + ½ avocado + kraut

post-11578-0-31597900-1359338343_thumb.j

Lunch: zucchini pasta with mushrooms, broccoli, kale, green beans, tomato sauce, 4 turkey meatballs, ½ avocado, and a few bites of sunshine squash

post-11578-0-25348800-1359338339_thumb.j

Dinner: Pork carnitas w/ salsa, coconut mashed sunshine squash, cauliflower, green beans, kale sprouts, and an apple

post-11578-0-84781300-1359338349_thumb.j

*worked out when I got up, didn't have anything pre-workout, and post workout was breakfast

Day 27

Breakfast: same as yesterday- hash (onion, apple, brussel sprouts, ½ sweet potato, kale, chicken) + ½ avocado + kraut

post-11578-0-23546200-1359338631_thumb.j

Lunch: a huge salad w/ tuna, beets, carrots, spinach, apple, jicama, mushrooms, sweet potato, and onion, tossed in a balsamic mustard vinaigrette

post-11578-0-13016600-1359338634_thumb.j

Dinner: roasted garlic mashed cauliflower, baked green beans, baked tilapia, kabocha squash, and a handful of cashews

post-11578-0-92569400-1359338624_thumb.j

*worked out a couple hours after breakfast so no pre-workout meal, post-workout meal was lunch

Day 28

Breakfast: hash (onion, apple, brussel sprouts, ½ sweet potato, kale, chicken) + ½ avocado + kraut

Lunch: mashed coconut squash, carnitas, salsa, cauliflower, green beans

Pre-workout: about 1 oz chicken and 1 tsp almond butter

Post-workout: about 2 oz chicken

Dinner: barbecue turkey burger, cabbage, carrots, 1 portabello mushroom, 1/2 avocado, kabocha squash

post-11578-0-22788600-1359422543_thumb.j

Today I finally felt like I'm becoming fat adapted! I had lunch at 12 and when I had my pre-workout meal around 4:30, I wasn't even hungry and could easily have gone longer without eating. Being fat adapted is so great!! I used to get hungry an hour after I ate, and then I'd eat more and be hungry and hour later. I wonder if it also may have to do with the fact that I've started taking super enzymes at every meal. Anyway, I feel like I'm just starting to get the benefits from my whole30 so I've decided to make it a whole45 and I'll continue logging my meals here!

thanks! I prep the kale and brussel sprouts ahead of time by steaming them, and I prep the chicken and sweet potato by baking them. So I cook the onion and apple in coconut oil until they're almost fully cooked and then I throw everything else in, stir it up, and put the lid on for a bit so it all heats up.

here's the ketchup recipe I use: http://feedthedud.blogspot.com/2012/01/cave-ketchup-from-paleo-comfort-foods.html (it freezes really well so you might want to make a double batch- I think if may even taste better once it's been frozen, strange as that may seem!)

Day 29

Breakfast: 3 eggs+1 ew omelet, 1 tomato cooked in olive oil, garlic mashed cauliflower(yum!!), shredded brussel sprouts, and 1/2 avocado

post-11578-0-39933600-1359511199_thumb.j

Lunch: curry chicken broccoli slaw, caulirice, broccoli, 1 sweet potato

snack: 1 soft boiled egg, carrots, cabbage, 1/2 apple

*today was my rest day so I added this mini meal because otherwise I would have gone 7 hours between meals

Dinner: spaghetti squash w/ turkey meatballs and loads of veggies (artichoke, olives, broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts) and a little kabocha squash

post-11578-0-78549000-1359511194_thumb.j

Day 30

Breakfast: hash (onion, apple, brussel sprouts, ½ sweet potato, kale, chicken) + ½ avocado + kraut + salsa

Lunch: carnitas, mashed coconut sunshine squash, brussel sprouts, kale sprouts, 1/2 apple

Pre-wo: 1 soft boiled egg, kabocha squash

*post-wo was dinner

Dinner: steak, mashed garlic coconut celeraic, curried spinach, caulirice, kabocha, 1 small apple

post-11578-0-09409100-1359598272_thumb.j

woo! I probably should cut back on the squash..didn't realize how much I had until I typed it all up. I think I may have a kabocha squash dragon, I could eat it 24/7!

Archived