More food/calories

I love, love love this. I am satisfied, have more energy, feel great, am losing the 15lbs I needed to & my clothes fit so much better. I managed to persuade my husband to do W30 with me and whilst he loves it he is losing weight hand over fist & he really doesn't need to & says that for him, it is not maintainable long term. I feel so good that whilst I won't mind occasionally going off plan, generally this is my food for life.

So in order to avoid 2 different meals, what can I add to his portion to give him more calories? He works early mornings at the moment sois taking 4 eggs that he can eat on the way to work. His lunch will be some left overs from the day before and dinner then will be an awesome, very tasty meal. He then snacks about an hour later, generally on grapes & nuts. I would rather give him food at dinner time that will keep him satisfied.

Does anyone have any recommendations for more calories?

Without seeing exactly what he's eating it's hard to say. Do you have a food log or a note of meals and rough portion sizes? I would suggest making sure he has enough protein with every meal. You can also increase his fat portions and possibly increase his starchy carbs. For instance if he's only having 4 eggs in the morning, where's the fat and veg? As a rule of thumb, I'd say if he's losing too much weight, he's not eating enough.

My first thought is that he needs some starchy veggies with his meals. Sweet potatoes mashed with ghee and full fat coconut milk is just one example. He must not feel great if he isn't eating enough. He needs fat and veggies with his breakfast for sure. You can make sweet potato fritter type things for on the go and how about making deviled eggs with homemade mayo for his fat. Chocolate chili over mashed cauli (throw some coconut milk in the cauli) is a good portable lunch. He probably has that annoying mantabolism so needs to eat way more than he realizes. :)

My bf is 6'3" and had trouble not losing weight while doing W30s... after 6 W30s, he has learned to add quite a bit of fat to his meals (a spoonful of coconut butter is a good addition to his day) and in general he has to eat A LOT of food! A shocking amount of food! He also feels better if he eats at least one and sometimes two sweet potatoes per day (he does a ton of biking).

In short, I agree with slw600 that he probably just needs to eat more. My bf now has it to where he doesn't lose any weight (he wants it that way).

Yes, ghee, oil, mayo, avocados, coconut milk are all good sources of fat. As everyone else has said he probably does need to eat more. Love the word *mantabolism*. Getting a bit jealous, wishing I had one

Lol Kirsteen...me too. :)

I was just telling my hubs today that I love being able to eat tons of food, and still feel good and look good. Never again will I count calories or worry about fat content...unless, of course, I am looking for high fat content.

He has "mantabolism" too...it is frurstrating for us women, but so true. I feel like men have to eat SO much more than women to feel full...my husband eats us out of house and home!

Archived