Can ghee be a food without breaks?

caitlin

So I think I came to an important realization last night. I finished my w30 successfully last week, and am currently in reintroduction. I tried rice on Saturday, and am giving myself a few days of compliance before I try dairy tomorrow.

Last night, I had my jar of ghee out to use while cooking, and found myself taking a little taste of it. Then another, then another. I realized that I had gotten to that compulsory eating/craving point that I used to experience while binging.

I put the ghee away and was able to break the cycle, but it was a really surprising experience for me. I know that because of this I ended up eating too much fat at dinner, since I felt really gross afterwards. I was just surprised since I'd seemingly kicked the bingey behavior during my w30, and didn't expect ghee of all things to be a trigger!

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Yes. I have gotten this way with coconut butter and olives. Coconut butter I have used to curb the sometimes sweet craving that I have at night. I am okay with a teaspoon or two of coconut butter, but sometimes it's so bad that I will come back to the jar several times before I finally say enough and put it away. Olives - I just count out a number of olives (generally for lunch) and leave it at that. But I am always sad to see when my olives are finished. I cannot be trusted to crack open a jar at home and just pop one in my mouth - because it just doesn't stop. So I just set mental rules on what I can and cannot do with these two.

Archived