Day 13

This could not be more true of where I am right now:

All joking aside, though, this phase gets really intense for some people.This is the part of the program where our minds try to drive us back to the comfort of the foods we used to know.

This is from the 9Blog, and it describes what I'm experiencing to a T. I am suddenly dying for my favorites - cookies, chocolate bars, pastries, and all things naughty. I am actually daydreaming about this crap! My body is telling me I'm hungry, even though I can't be based on how much (delicious, healthy) food I'm eating. I'm going to just keep on keepin' on, one day at a time, and hope I get to that "Tiger Blood" phase everyone's talking about. ;)

OMG. I am finishing day 11, and am on the forum now to avoid thinking about eating and food. I am feeling the exact same way. I had a nightmare food dream last night that I was gouging on dried frosted flakes (a cereal i loved as a child). I missing my old comfort foods- chewing gum, lattes, and anything crunchy! I have stopped the afternoon snack and go from meal to meal now, and I have elimated nuts to try and rid myself of plantar faciitis (so no crunch!). I am moving into the phase of my hormones where I typically crave salt, chocolate and something crunchy (like pretzels or popcorn). So I am headed for more cravings? I felt unsatisfied with a large meal tonite and added/ stuffed a handful of coconut flakes in my mouth after I ate. I felt like the past couple of days were so easy- planning, preparing and staying focused. I will stick to the program and take one day at time too (and go brush my teeth)

A couple days ago I wanted to kick a puppy and punch kids for chocolate. I even had evil thoughts of cheating and pretending I didn't. After making it over a week with no cravings whatsoever, when it did hit me, it hit me hard! It only lasted a few days though and for the last 3 I've been fine. Feeling wonderful, still a little tired sometimes, but I work, have 2 kids, and am kind of an insomniac, so that's really to be expected. Good luck!

IF you want to see my day to day food log, I talk about what days and when I had sugar cravings, I think you'll be over your hump soon.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7028-jessicas-whole-30-log/page__fromsearch__1

Also my post about my sugar attack

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7165-i-would-punch-a-kid-for-some-chocolate-right-now/page__fromsearch__1

Yep, unfortuantely I think everyone on a W30 goes through this at some stage. It's like our bodies wake up and go 'what the heck is (s)he doing? Where's my.....' and start behaving like a toddler having a hissy fit. Fortunately ignoring it works for both :) and it does get better and easier. good luck everyone

Archived