Confessions Cont'd: Foodie W30 #2

30Canandaigua

I have this coming in the mail today. By 8 pm. But who's counting, right?. :rolleyes: In fact, it's a box of organic flaked, shredded and creamed. I'm coo-coo for coconut. I made some of this over a month ago with several packages of dried, unsweetened coconut but it was a pain to make (I think my coconut was too dry) and this stuff is organic to boot. My skin was smoother when I was eating this.

I've heard the same with coconut butter, which you can make in the Vitamix--but I've shied away from that in fear of loving it too much.

Been off line for the past few days, but much catch up and post some pics, too. Your carnitas sound so yum.

Confession: I bought 2 more boxes of creamed coconut... Although I have limited myself to one piece a day. It's crazy, I think about it ALL.DAY.LONG. Who knew?!

Meals: Um, I can't even remember what underwear I wore yesterday, let alone my meals for the last 4 days.

Let's see:

Some eggs

Homemade sausage

Sweet potato cakes

Bok Choy w/ mushrooms & prosciutto

Grilled turkey breast cutlets

Avocado

Olive tempenade

Acorn squash

Coconut milk/ creamed coconut

Mixed greens w berries & veggies

Ground angus (not anus) w/ tomatoes, spices and stuff

Banana

Coffee (still icky) hot tea

Boat loads of soda water w/ lemon

Cinnamon chili pork

Feeling kind of BLAH the last few days... a weird kind of depressed funk. My husband was in the ED until 4am last night with kidney stones, so I am a pile of goo today at work. He of course thinks it is Paleo that is giving him kidney stones, whereas he did not like my reminder of the 4 day bender last week with his buddies... resulting in copius amouts of rum & cokes, pizza, pretzels, piles of bacon, chicken wings and all sorts of other non sense. He does have gout, so I am leaning towards high sugar intake (rum & cokes, lots of fruit) and excessive nuts contributing to his stones. He had one a few years back, pre paleo, so the above mentioned items are the consistent factor... and meat. He has always been a meat a potatos kind of guy. Any one know of a good place to find out what meats/ fish to avoid for gout/kidney stones??

Choking down some more black coffee. My eyes burn I'm so tired. This whole work thing can kiss my ars. This diva definitely requires a SOLID 9-10 hours of sleep. God help us when I have kids.

9ish sausage pattie. hot tea

2:30 ish arugula. grilled chicken tit. cara cara orange. 2 boiled eggs. 1 roasted red pepper. 1/4 cup shredded carrot. blueberry balsamic & blood orange EVOO. tablespoon artisan raw pecan butter. soda w/ lemon

Dinner???

Chopped off my hair today, and of course donated it to Locks of Love :)

The stylist liked my entry of "Hello! I've got 10 inches of virgin love for you!" hehehe It was more like 14, but who's measuring?

Feeling pretty good, albiet tired from hubby moaning and groaning with his kidney stone. He's been reading a lot about cutting back his protein intake, even though they way we eat is not "high protein". Frustrating. Not finding a lot of pertinant info about paleo and kidney stones, the hunt is on!

My anterior blubber glacier is still melting, yeha! I actually bought a size MEDIUM dress today. Listen b*tches, I still am wearing around size 22 work pants like they are hammer pants! LOL Despite many people telling me how aweful they are (they are) and might fall down at any point... I'm just cheap and haven't bought new work clothes yet. That and I don't know what size I am. And buying pants is right up there with buying bras and having a root canal.

But this cute purple sun dress was a must have @ $7 and it fits me. A MEDIUM. Blam! Dadada dadada! I guess I'll have to shave my legs to wear it, but hey... I can reach my ankles now! Winning :)

I feel like I HAVE read stuff online about gout and primal/paleo/whole30. I'll do some looking.

BTW, a house full of cops AND rum and cokes? Sounds like the start of a naughty fantasy. hahaha!

I have not been a fan of coconut cream. Am I doing it wrong? I bought a little carton to make pureed sweet potatoes and I hate the fact that it's always solid!!! Why can't it just stay f-ing creamy? Why? This is probably a good thing. The last thing I need is a food with no breaks. Unless it's broccoli with curry sauce or something.

well done on the charitable donation & the new dress.

Why not hit the thrift stores for pants that fit?

I have picked up a few pair, but even some of my 'new smaller' pants are becoming baggy... It's kind of a never ending cycle at this point :) One that I am most grateful for BTW... I just am hoping to ride it out a few more months until I stabilize into a healthy weight and let my body reshape however it is going to reshape.

That and... why the hell don't ALL women's pants have pockets?!!!! What, dudes are the only people who need pockets? *annoying*

I feel like I HAVE read stuff online about gout and primal/paleo/whole30. I'll do some looking.

BTW, a house full of cops AND rum and cokes? Sounds like the start of a naughty fantasy. hahaha!

I have not been a fan of coconut cream. Am I doing it wrong? I bought a little carton to make pureed sweet potatoes and I hate the fact that it's always solid!!! Why can't it just stay f-ing creamy? Why? This is probably a good thing. The last thing I need is a food with no breaks. Unless it's broccoli with curry sauce or something.

See- it never makes it into anything other than my mouth!!! The creamed coconut I have would never be creamy unless liquid was added to it... The texture is more of a powder formed into a block; similar to how a chunk of dried out brown sugar would be.

Thanks for the links! I had not run across them yet. Lets hope hubby reads them!

P.s. I joked with the guys and told them to leave all of their handcuffs in their cars... ;)

Blinken' 'Eck--look at your new PHOTO!!!

Okay, Day 20 here on round 2. I've had a few interesting bits and pieces for this time I want to talk about, but I'll start a new forum post for that. In the meantime, one thing that happened as regards trousers for me is I FIT IN MY OLD ONES BETTER THAN I DID WHEN THEY WERE FIRST MINE! WOOOOOHOOOO! And...no pockets in them, either. Bizarre; you're right.

About to make some...ahem...coconut butter. I'm giving in. This is curiosity, and not craving, that is getting the best of me--I just want to point that out. :ph34r:

Blinken' 'Eck--look at your new PHOTO!!!

Okay, Day 20 here on round 2. I've had a few interesting bits and pieces for this time I want to talk about, but I'll start a new forum post for that. In the meantime, one thing that happened as regards trousers for me is I FIT IN MY OLD ONES BETTER THAN I DID WHEN THEY WERE FIRST MINE! WOOOOOHOOOO! And...no pockets in them, either. Bizarre; you're right.

About to make some...ahem...coconut butter. I'm giving in. This is curiosity, and not craving, that is getting the best of me--I just want to point that out. :ph34r:

I know... I forgot to bleach my stache- sorry! LOL j/k... not really.

9:30ish 3 egg in ghee

2:30ish NYS steak. 1/4 acorn squash. banana w/ T pecan butter

8:30ish 2eggs, baby bok choy, sausage cooked in ghee. 2 sweet potato latkes. Numi chocolate tea

I could easily eat 4 more eggs right now. Strange.

I have an exciting day planned tomorrow! I get to take my car to get it inspected, then spend hours at the DMV renewing my licence, registration and changing my name. Hopefully I will save some excitement and energy to get some food prep done!

I have some tuna steaks I need to cook of, a pork shoulder, some veal chunks... hmmm

10:30ish- 3 eggs cooked in ghee. sausage patty. coffee w/ coconut milk.

6ish- chicken thighs wrapped in prosciutto, stuff w/ mushrooms, cilantro, garlic, onions cooked in ghee.

Arugula and fennel salad, tossed with pumpkin seed, slivered almonds, organic gala apples and blood orange served w/ homemade citrus blueberry balsamic vinaigrette. (pictured)

Feeling GREAT today! I love that I never have to wake up to an alarm. I have been going to bed around 10... ((as I am not up cracking out on pinterest drinking wine by myself waiting for hubby)) and wake up around around 8:30 when the dog charges forth like an elephant. I usually get woken up a few times but, all in all... I usually rock out a solid 9 hours of sleep. This whole getting up before the crack of noon thing is... interesting!

I also love that I rocked around in a size 16 pair of jeans all day long. Dang girl! It was nice to have jeans that fit, versus looking like I am walking around with a load in my pants... and I must say I did in fact admire my rear end a few times. Speaking of which, I haven't knocked anything over with my ass in quite some time! Winning!

Started out wearing 20/22's--> goal to be in 12/14's ALMOST THERE PEOPLE!

P.s. I bought the cutest tiny green hat for St.Patricks day. OMG it is the greatest tiny leprechaun hat ever! LOL My sister's birthday is that same day, so we tend to get kind of wild. (I got shafted with tax day... WTF?!?!)

post-11344-0-80182700-1362526839_thumb.j

Yesterday I ended up going out to eat with my grandmother... wasn't too bad for my fist w30 dining out experience. I brought my own salad dressing, so that helped. I ordered the special: grilled Mahi Mahi drizzled with balsamic, grilled asparagus, and I though she said mixed vegetables. It ended up being mixed potatoes- sweet, purple and white. I picked out the purple and white, and ate the sweet potatoes, although they were uber salty, so I am thinking they were fried. Meh, oh well. The fish was good, as was the 4 teeny tiny slivers of asparagus.

I ended up making some ground beef w/ onion & garlic when I got home. Tossed some with chili powder, and threw it over some greens with tomatoes and a salsa verde.

I woke up dreaming of eggs. Not sure what my egg craving is about? I eat 2-4 of them a day!!!

Today's eggs: 2 over medium over pork carnitas w/ hot sauce. I could totally eat another portion, because it's good, not because I'm hungry.

It is all quite strange, as I have always hated breakfast (before noon)... now I'm chomping at the bit to cram eggs into my hole. Interesting.

Got a few shirts and tried on pants at the thrift store. Are you ready??? I BUTTONED UP A SIZE FREAKING 12. They were too short, but the ability to close them and sit down with out my ass shredding the back wide open... was epic :) It is kind of comical that I am wearing pants ranging from size 18 to size 14. (Saving the 20's for after pictures, when I get to my goal weight).

9:30 ish carnitas w/ 2 eggs cooked in ghee. soda for the road.

3:00 ish Arugula & tahini squash salad (freaking amazing), mince w/ olive tempanade. Soda with lemon.

9ishBaked Ahi tuna steak, broccoli & cauliflower w/ ghee. Hot chamomile tea.

I was talking with a friend at work about ghee. One of the jars I have smells like cow testicles. The other smells like... butter. She said the first smelly one was likely old. Irritating as that how it came from the store. Gross. Glad I gave the second kind a shot!

Had some chocolate tea before bed last night... and tossed and turned until around 2am. I was on the verge of tears during a meeting today (most likely some pms in there), which is a first for me in a LONG time. My boss is planning to give me my performance assessment tomorrow, naturally when I am obviously a bit emotional. While it is not linked to my pay, she tends to be... convoluted. I'm not sure that is the word I'm looking for. At any rate, I do not *have* to work. I can choose to remove myself from the work force and start a family at any point in time. There really is no 'moving up' within this company as I do not want my bosses job... So, at this point I am just looking to pay off my car and have a sizeable nest egg prior to starting a family. I have endured 7 years of this woman's negativity & micro management, and at this point in the game my patience for her bullshit is about used up. I have made a lot of changes in my life over the past several months, so we'll see what happen in the next few months.......

One of the residents told me that I looked "tremendous" this evening :) I was actually swaggering around in one of the first blouses I bought when I took this position in 2005. SWEET!

This last week has tested every ounce of self control I have or ever thought I would have needed.

I have not caved.

I have not settled.

I have come out of this chanting "this too shall pass".

It is not over yet.

I WILL NOT allow stress, assholes, difficult life choices, emotions or excuses derail me.

I am tough as nails.

I will keep my health, mind & body at the top of my priority list.

I will be victorious over my inner civil war.

9 more days; Interestingly this W30 #2 is really digging deep into "me".

Change is never easy, but I'm putting faith into the idea that "sometimes the hardest decisions are the best decisions"

Learning to overcome obstacles without self medication has been a tearful journey, and my eyelids don't like it.

((as I am not up cracking out on pinterest drinking wine by myself waiting for hubby))

Been there. Done that. Unfortunately it's never on anything as constructive as pinterest. It's always stupid things like how to get the mats out of my goldendoodle's fur. Cue agonizing 30 minute inner struggle about whether to buy the $80 mat comb. <so far i've resisted, but the bald spots are getting kind of embarrassing!>

Archived