6 days into my whole 30...

I came from a paleo/primal back ground so all Ive had to cut out for the whole 30 is my honey, protein shakes, a little dairy and "paleo treats" or recreations like "paleo pizza, or paleo cookies."

Ive noticed ive gotten constant mild headaches over the last week, and immediately after tonight's workout (it was a pretty fast metcon) I was light headed.

I EAT PLENTY.

Todays food was:

Pre- morning workout - tbsp almond butter (this will change to boiled egg starting tom.)

Post-workout - Chicken, olive oil mayo, spice mustard, onion and tomato in a lettuce wrap

Breakfast- 4 eggs, 2 handfull spinach, 1/2 orange, 1/4 avocado, 1 zucchini all cooked in coconut oil

Lunch - left over sweet potato and pot roast crock pot style w/side of broccoli and 1/2 avocado.

snack- 1/2 Handful walnuts

Dinner (after short metcon) - Spaghetti squash with turkey meat sauce and green beans.

Could the headaches be from missing the added sugar from my whey protein shakes?

Dude I eat that much or more and I'm a 33 year old yoga chick. Sometimes I just gotta have a dried fig or two or some dried apricots. I don't work out as hard as you but I'm on the go nonstop. I feel a dip, I take a boost. Hasn't seemed to hurt me and I don't have a sugar dragon. I'm also not going for <10% body fat like you, but idk, seems like a little fruit sugar might help.*

*I'm not a doctor or scientist or mod

I don't see the benefit to dried fruit. I just never will. They are sugar bombs and only helpful for about a minute.

I say raise the consumption of things like sweet potatoes and lean proteins minus the fat after a hard workout.

How about hydration? Maybe the changes have changed your fluid intake or needs.

And, it could be sugar detox. I'm not thinking it is, but I'd only add fruits with meals and keep snacks in the mini-meal or PWO format.

I didnt put the amounts I eat, but like tonight was half of a medium spaghetti squash, Thats alot of spaghetti squash. I always do two servings or protein to make sure i'm full. And fat is often all over my food.

I was just reading the book and saw that fat is not to be cut below the lower limits. An active person needs closer to two servings of fat and some of your descriptions sound closer to 1 serving or 1.5 depending on your cooking amounts. Anyway, you may want to measure carefully or just up the fat a little to make sure you are getting a sufficient amount.

• Moderators

I kind of took my clue from your eating 4 eggs with veggies and fruit that you were eating enough at all your meals. Given that you are at 6 days, I would tend to blame having mild headaches on your body adjusting to eating differently. It often surprises people when they have been eating relatively good how much "adjustment" they experience stepping it up to a Whole30. I felt my worst between completing the first and second week during my first Whole30. If you continue to have mild headaches more than about 10 days, I would begin to worry.

Archived