Liquid oil for roasting

Can anyone suggest a oil suitable for roasting that is liquid at room temp?

I've been using coconut oil / ghee on the stove top and olive oil for dresings / drizzling on foods, but I'm still on the lookout for something to use for oven roasting veggies etc.

I know I could just melt coconut oil ... but it's a extra layer of complexity I don't want in my life right now :huh:

I put my solid oil and veggies into the heated oven. I pull them out after a couple of minutes, add my seasonings, and stir to coat. This saves me an extra dirty dish. ;)

I put oil into container along with spices in the sink with warm water while I cut veggies. Then I put them into container and shake shake shake. Can't be more of an even distribution. Bonus - you can put your cooked veggies back in the same container after.

I use Natures Way Liquid Coconut oil for what you are talking about. It stays liquid even refrigerated. It's non gmo, organic, hexane free. I get it at Vitamins Plus (which is a regional health food store). I also use it in an atomizer for a healthy spray oil as well as in mayo for a sweeter taste than olive oil.

Archived