No time for proper reintroduction

I end my first whole30 on 22/3 and am heading off to Greece for a holiday three days later. I'm afraid this doesn't give me enough time to slowly reintroduce each food group to see how I react, and that I'll be having a hard time trying to find compliant food while travelling. Could someone help me on how should I go about with my reintroduction?

Thanks for asking this as tomorrow is our last day and we do want to reintroduce a few things out of curiosity and to ease my husband's current travel schedule a little. I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say. I have tried not to think about reintroduction until it is time and now it almost is. He'll likely be on the road for 3 of the next 6 weeks, or so, with average work days of about 18 hours.

I'm not sure my own belly is ready for reintroduction, so we could end up on a different schedule.

You are going to Greece. For many this would be a once in a lifetime trip. Go. Enjoy. Try not to go too crazy. Lamb and seafood will be your friends but ya gotta try the Saganaki at least once. :) Watch out for the Ouzo.

I had a holiday the week after I finished my first whole 30. It stuffed my re-intro schedule. It has taken me a few weeks post holiday to realise I need to do another whole 30 and a proper re intro with no interruptions.

So. Y suggestion would be go enjoy. He trip, come back and start afresh.

My concern was more of the side-effects I'd be feeling by reintroducing the different groups again on my trip, especially after reading about everyone's experiences! Was worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy my trip that way so I decided to end my whole30 (now whole27) earlier, have a blast in Greece and come back to start my 2nd whole30 :D

Same has happened for me! I did a second Whole30 after not doing a proper reintro after my first - now I'm about to go to Italy, and there *will* be much off-roadage :P

Oh well, sounds like we'll all need another Whole30 after our trips anyways!

So I went off-program as planned this weekend.... holy **** do I feel terrible today.

I highly recommend that people do the reintroduction plan and gradually reintroduce things to their body.

I ate rice and soy in large quantities via sushi last night for the first time in a month, and this morning I feel like I've been run over by a bus. Seriously, this is like a hangover - dry-heaved twice on the way to work and having trouble eating any foods of real substance.

Lesson learned - take the training wheels off slowly and carefully otherwise you fall : )

Back to a few more weeks of Whole30 eating for me....

Archived