Alberta Whole30ers?

Christie Mawby

So, I am just curious. I have made several friends on here throughout the US and other countries but I have yet to cross paths with someone closer to my neck of the woods.

Is there anyone on here from the prairies? I am in St. Albert - but I will refer to it as Edmonton for those who are less familiar Alberta. Thinking we could start a local thread too share ideas for sourcing food.

I'm in Calgary, AB! I have some incredible food sources that I'd love to share with anyone in AB. What are you looking for exactly?

I purchase a lot of products at Community Natural Foods and Planet Organic but I also use the following:

http://tkranch.com/ - I get free range chicken & turkey, grass fed beef, heritage rasied pork as well as grass fed lamb and muscovy Duck. They have a once a month delivery in Edmonton at various locations in fact the April delivery is on the 13th and the cut off is this Sunday, April 7.

http://www.bigcouleefarms.com/ - Also delivers to Edmonton and St.Albert! Chicken, Pork, Eggs, Beef

I just placed an order with Tessamae`s dressings and they are shipping to me at no charge as they haven`t set up the shipping to Canada yet (they just started shipping to Canada) so if you order soon you may also be able to get free shipping. (I did order two cases of their product but they offered the free shipping before I placed the order when I emailed about my concern that no shipping total was coming up on my order).

http://www.upayanaturals.com/ - they have coconut wraps and kelp noodles...are out of stock on the coconut wraps but you can sign up to get an email when they are back in stock.

I will update more if I can think of other things...what about you...anything you would like to share

Cheers,

Tamara

Fellow Canadian - but from the east....Will be travelling to Alberta in May - so I just might follow this thread to get some ideas on what to eat and where to get great local food.

Tamara - I will be in Calgary the longest, is there a weekday market around?

Hello!!! Oh man, I should get on here more often. With Easter and Spring Break last week I have been sorta winging it with my computer time.

I shop at Planet Organic and Amaranth (at the Enjoy Centre in St. Albert). I have checked out a few websites for ordering a quarter of beef but given we are single income putting away the money to purchase it upfront has been an issue. We had it twice since december and both times our car broke down. Grrr.

Tessemae's ships to canada? OMG!!!! I am so on that, as in as soon as I get off the forum I am placing an order. That literally just made my day.

Edmonton here, come join our Paleo/Primal meetup: www.meetup.com/PaleoYEG

Ohhh, interesting! I don't know if I can make it to this one, 9 AM is early in my world and I'm working a very late night shift Saturday (til 3 AM, possibly 5), so I'm definitely not setting an alarm for Saturday morning....but hopefully the next meet-up!

We're trying to arrange for some weekday evening meetups too, for those who are not early risers. We should have something hashed out this Saturday morning. If you join our little group online you can offer up suggestions as to activities and events, even just coffee chats.

• 1 year later...

Hello! I just joined the group but am new to Edmonton and currently on day six of Whole30! Would love to connect with other Whole30 or paleo people to hear about where to shop, things to do and any other support!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Maybe someone local can weigh in with suggestions, but remember that you can do a whole30 without sausage or bacon or lunch meat. They add a little more variety, but there are literally hundreds of recipes online that you can make with chicken, beef, or pork. Things like coconut aminos can be left out or replaced with a little extra salt. You can even do this without any kind of flour substitute. Find the items that are available where you are and build your meals around those items.

• 1 year later...

Archived