Daughter not on Whole 30, but please help.

Manda

My husband, myself & my 15 year old daughter are doing Whole30. My 16 year old son, and 13 year old daughter are not, but I AM trying to give them healthier food.

For the last few years, my daughter has had skim milk (on the rare occasions that she drinks it at all & in cereal), and love Yoplait Whips yogurt. Of course, the Yoplait yogurt is just full of fake ingredients. So I bought her some Stonyfield YoBaby yogurt. These are the ingredients:

CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC WHOLE MILK, ORGANIC SUGAR, ORGANIC BLUEBERRY JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, ORGANIC CARROT JUICE CONCENTRATE (FOR COLOR), PECTIN, VITAMIN D3.

CULTURES: S. THERMOPHILUS, L. BULGARICUS, L. ACIDOPHILUS, BIFIDUS,L. CASEI, AND L. RHAMNOSUS

She's had 3 of them, and is getting a stomach ache after each one. Is she just not used to full-fat yogurt? Or do you see something here that would upset her stomach? :(

Thank you so much!

• Moderators

Congratulations on finding full fat yogurt. I convinced my wife to shift from non fat yogurt the other day and then the store did not have any full fat yogurt.

I am not familiar with fat causing a stomach ache unless she has been eating so little fat that her stomach does not digest it well now. None of the ingredients seem likely to cause a stomach ache to me.

My 2 year old son eats full fat yogurt and the brands we get for him are 3 greek gods (green tub) and Brown Cow full fat, cream on top. I mix my own fruits into it for him. would something like that work for your daughter? I find the 3 greek gods at Walmart and my regular store, and the Brown Cow in the natural food section of my regular market and I have found it before at Fred Meyers/Krogers if that helps!

Archived