Chicken Liver Pâté

Jinkse21

I grew up eating chicken livers and pâté so I was excited to see Mark Sisson's recipe, https://www.marksdailyapple.com/silky-smooth-chicken-liver-pate/, so I cooked up a batch tonight to eat with celery. No worries about the husband eating it! ;)

This was so easy to make! I actually had all of the ingredients in the house! Instead of using butter, I used ghee. It is so creamy smooth! It's waiting in the fridge now but I managed to have a taste or two! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!,

I love liver pâté as well. (Though I usually follow the Julia Child's version with cognac, butter and cream. Sniff.)

But how was the celery? I've seen recommendations to eat it with slices of carrot or cucumber. I don't think anything would make me crave a nice crusty piece of bread more than a pâté.

But I guess this is all about making changes, right?

The celery gave it a nice crunch and the pate covered the bitter celery taste. I ended up cutting up carrot sticks too and I much prefer it with carrots! The sweetness of the carrots tasted so well with the pate.

It reminds me of Braunschweiger...maybe I'll put some mustard and sliced onions on top! :)

And, yes, I would much rather have it with crackers or crusty bread! :D

I make my best friends mom's chopped liver. I love it. I used to really love it with saltines. :) Now I like to stuff Belgium Endive with it. I like the idea of carrots. Might be good spread on sweet bell pepper wedges too.

I saw David Sissons recipe a while back. I'm glad you reminded me to try it. So many recipes, so little time.

Archived