Day 22 and feel like I am gaining weight

I am on day 22 and am either bloated or gaining weight. I did the whole 30 to cleanse my insides and plan to reintroduce foods to see what gives me intestional issues, sinus conjestion, and joint pain.

Another reason was to lose 15 or so lbs. It is frustrating to feel like I have put weight on. How will the weight issue change when I go off strict whole 30? I went up a pants size a month before Whole30 and do not plan to go up another size! One more week to go and maybe feel the magic.

One good effect of the whole 30 is regular intestines. No more psylium husks, softners or laxatives.

Do you take probiotics or digestive enzymes? I know the probiotic at least can help with bloating. Are you eating a lot of snacks? Nuts, nut butters, fruit, dried fruit? If you are, you might want to consider cutting back. If you aren't, I would bet you're not gaining weight and it's just bloating. You might want to post a typical day's meals.

Tom, I should have posted my eating habits yesterday.

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs over light cooked with olive or coconut oil,1/2 avocado, garlic, plenty of greens, sometimes onions and squash or 1/4 sweet pototoe. fruit with coconut milk.

lunch:1-2 palm size proteins (chisken,beef,lamb) veggies usually greens steamed or a large bowl of salad greens. 1/2 avocado. Coconut milk with 1/2 c.fruit.

dinner: meat and veggies. carrots, onions, garlic, greens or green beans. handfull of flaked coconut.

If I take a walk I add a mini meal after, of protein veggie and coconut milk. The pre walk meal is usually breakfast or lunch.

No nuts since week one. If I snack it is a small spoonful of coconut milk or a few pinches of coconut flakes.

I use olive oil or coconut oil to cook with sometimes. Almost 1 can of coconut milk per day.

Soon I will be picking asparagus! Yay!

I do sometimes take probiotics and vitamin D

I think post-WO meals are typically meant for more strenuous activity, like strength training, Crossfit, etc. Even so, in my opinion your meals look pretty good. There *might* be a little more fat than the meal template calls for? I'm not 100% sure, but that's the only thing that catches my eye. Personally I would skip the fruit with coconut milk, but that's because I have a raging sugar demon and I shouldn't let myself have dessert-like foods.

JJB

At my stage in life the walk up and down short hills is quite a workout. B)

Haha I'm sorry, no offense meant. The fruit is totally up to you. I just mention it because some people do have trouble getting away from sweets and the dessert mentality. 1-2 servings per day is within the recommended guidelines, but if you can live without it and are worried about gaining weight, it might be a good thing to give up for awhile.

I know, for me, that nothing changed in my body until the last 3 or 4 days. truthfully I did a whole100 and it was the final few weeks that my body did a major adjustment. I think after your whole30 if you continue to eat mostly compliant you will be fine. be patient! my change went slowly (I lost 10lbs the first 30 days, I was thinking I would lose much more since I started from HORRIBLE SAD with added sugar to everything) but I also got myself into this situation over a long period of time. no quick cures for me.

Archived