It's all in your head

TBinSD

I just spent the last weekend at a party . . . the whole weekend. I'll admit I was a bit concerned about the pressure, but I can't pass up a good time. From Friday until Sunday I was surrounded by sugar, alcohol, grains, and everything else you could think of that's not on the W30 list.

Here's how it went: Out to eat for lunch and dinner on Friday. Just my luck too -- two seared ahi salads. That was about the only compliant thing on both menus, but I can definitely live with those choices. Back at the pool party/bbq, I made some executive decisions. I did the shopping! I went out and bought the food so I can control my own intake and not end up eating something off W30. So the food part was pretty easy. The only issue was all of the homemade desserts and snacks that people brought. . . that was a test of will for sure.

The next issue was all of the cocktailing! I've been pretty much alcohol free since Jan, but a party is always a challenge. I spent most of the day sucking down water with lime, lemon, or orange slices. I didn't miss a beat. And most people didn't even notice I wasn't drinking.

Overall I was pretty impressed with my will power and my resolve to finish my 30 days. I'm on Day 19 now and without a doubt, the hardest part is behind me. Just thought I'd share a small victory.

Great job! Big victory!! During my spring break vacation I decided that I would give relaxing and having a good time new meaning: not consuming foods that would make me emotionally unstable and physically uncomfortable. I was able to stick to the template as well and found that rather than longing for the cupcake my friend was having, I was indulging in the delicious feeling of well being! We managed to really treat ourselves :)

Archived