dark chocolate

Determine

For Mother's Day my daughter made me Paleo Bark. Dark Chocolate , unsweetened shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. I think the answer is no but I don't want to hurt her feelings. I am on DAY 28 of my Whole30...yikes!

That sounds like such a delicious post-W30 treat! I hope you're able to enjoy it some today. :) And if you're worried about sugar dragons appearing (as I would be, only because mine are pretty powerful), maybe break it up into chunks and freeze individually. I like to hide all my goodies in the chest freezer in the garage... I see them much less often, and "out of sight, out of mind" works miracles for me!

I may have to make a bark like that for after my W30 journey. ^_^

How sweet of your daughter!

After the Whole30...

The simple answer of 'all sugar is off limits while I'm trying to reset my body' should be good enough. I find most people don't get the thought of not being able to take one bite, but the idea of packaging it up to make it a super special post Whole30 treat is a great idea.

Even my MD husband had trouble grasping the thought that a little gluten was as bad as a plate full of gluten when our Autistic son was gluten free as part of a celiac or gluten intolerance test period. Sigh.

Dark chocolate was my Paleo downfall. Keeping a daily dose of dark chocolate in my life seemed like a good idea at the time, but it slowly (and then quickly) morphed into other sweets. I'm addicted!

Archived