Starting Whole30 on July 25th!

Earoti

Hi group! This will be a support group for whole30 starting on July 25th! This will be my 2nd whole30. My first one was through the month of June and I absolutely loved it and learned a ton!!! But I've found that not having the strict rules anymore has led me back to my old very bad eating habits and I miss feeling good and healthy like I did on whole30, so I want to do it again! I'm excited to see what I learn this time around. I am a 26 year old pretty active person, but my husband eats unhealthy and it's easy to fall into our binging together on deliciousness! During my first whole30 I lost 8 lbs and felt the best I've ever felt in my life, and I want that back! So, anyone else starting July 25th please share about yourself and why you're embarking on this journey! I'm so excited to go through it with you all!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting my first Whole30 on July 25th as well!  I'm excited about it!

I've planned my first week's menu and will be shopping and prepping this weekend.  I'm most looking forward to feeling better.  Every testimonial I've read about the program talks about how good it makes you feel.  

I'm pretty active myself and workout at least 4 days a week.  I'm hoping to up it to 5 days while doing Whole30.  

I was on another weight loss program and started that journey in December 2012.  Two years later, I was down 75 pounds.  Since meeting my boyfriend, I've gained back much of the weight - not all - but now I need to reset my nutrition and I believe Whole30 is going to do this for me.  I'm also looking to change the way I look and feel about food.

So, I'm looking forward to losing weight, feeling better, being more active and hopefully adopting this as a way of life.

Good eating to all starting!!  :)

I'd love to jump in here.  I've attempted Whole30s many times and never made it all the way through!  I'd like to change that trend now!  I normally hate putting my business out there, but realize that a support system is what I really need to be successful.  I eat paleo nearly all the time, but things creep in that make me feel not good.  I'd like to reset and feel great like I know I can.  Thanks gang!

Hi! Once upon a time I started eating better and working out all the time and lost 60 pounds over the course of a couple years. Then, with the help of pregnancy, I gained it all back. My daughter is 1 now and I am 20lbs heavier than the day after she was born. I am trying Whole30 because I want to be the energetic me I was 2 years ago. 

Hi!  I am new to the Whole 30 and plan on starting on the 25th as well.  I downloaded both books a couple of weeks ago and love them both!  I think this is exactly what I need.  I have been having a lot of issues with food for a while now.  My Dr thought that I was celiac but am not so we assumed that I am gluten intolerant, so I am going to do the Whole 30 in hopes of feeling better than ever.  I am starting nursing school on August 22 so I hope things don't go down hill from there as far as my meals go.  Good luck to every one!

Hi Everyone.  Very pleased to have found this post as I am also starting the Whole30 on 25th July.  I have managed to convince my Husband to join me (he has a terrible diet unless I cook for him - he's a bit lazy when it comes to food and reaches for quick fixes).  I have started putting all non-compliant foods in a box and stocking up on the good stuff.  Can't believe how much of my food was non-compliant and I thought I was a healthy eater!  It's inspiring to hear everyone's motivation.

I am not doing this for weight loss.  I am doing this to combat the sugar cravings and it has been recommended to me as a programme to cleanse and reset as part of managing depression and coming off anti-depressants.  I'm desperate to not wake up feeling exhausted every morning, even after 9 hours of solid sleep!  I am also hoping to become more active as part of the programme and through having improved energy levels.  Less bloating and digestive discomfort would also be fabulous.  Best of luck everyone!

I'm also planning a Whole30 start on July 25th. This will be my 3rd round - the first I completed in March thru May, and ended up extending it into a Whole60. It was a huge success, I felt absolutely amazing but then I went on a vacation and ate a bunch of non-compliant foods. When I returned to the States, my mom wanted to do a Whole30 during the month of June so I told her I'd join her. Unfortunately, I wasn't mentally really in the game during that round. I stayed compliant with my food technically, but I was eating things I knew were more like treats (like Larabars and bananas with almond butter). My NSVs were still very apparent but mentally I felt like I was cheating myself. So with this third round I want to get back into the groove I was in back in May when the tiger blood was pumping!  

I was very active in the forums my first round but didn't even log in during my second round and it was a startling difference to me just how much I needed the forums for accountability. So I plan on being very active here again this round to help keep myself on track.

My goals for Round 3 are:

- Avoid the treat-like snacks I know are not compliant with the true spirit of Whole30

- Workout and/or do yoga a minimum of 3 times a week

- Try at least 1 new recipe a week (having eaten Whole30 style for pretty much the past 4 months means I've fallen into a routine with some of my fave recipes but I'd like to branch out and incorporate some new ones)

- Post in the forums daily, likely through the log I'll be keeping

- Do a proper reintroduction plan at the end of my 30 days - after completing both previous rounds, I've failed to actually do a real reintroduction plan yet

Cheers to all those starting on Monday! I'm looking forward to a healthy, happy, and successful next 30 days!

I'm so excited to see so many people on here! This will be a great group! I agree I needed the support from the forums my first time around and I believe posting daily and reading other posts really helped in my success. I think it's great we have a mix of first timers and experienced people, so we'll be able to help with questions!

Vancy- after reading your post I'm inspired to make my own list of more specific goals as well for this time around, thanks for the inspiration! I want my second go at this to be even better than the first!

My goals for round 2:

1) Gym/yoga/or jogging 3-5 days a week

2) Be more prepared. Grocery shopping and meal prep every 4 days.

3) No fruit after dinner (1st time around I was using fruit like a bowl of watermelon for dessert and I know that's why my sugar cravings never really stopped)

4) Try 1 new recipe a week

5) Do a proper reintroduction (I also failed on reintroduction, it's hard not to go crazy with food after you start to taste them again)

6) Post in forums daily

I seriously love whole30 and I can't wait to start it again! I hope everyone has read the book because the book really motivates me, I try to read a few pages every day to stay motivated!

Earoti and Nurse BJ - I read Whole30, but I didn't read It Starts with Food.  Do you suggest I read ISWF as well?  Or, is it the same information?  

My first week, I'm trying multiple recipes.  I'll report back on how they are.

Looking forward to Monday!

• Administrators

Earoti and Nurse BJ - I read Whole30, but I didn't read It Starts with Food.  Do you suggest I read ISWF as well?  Or, is it the same information?  

My first week, I'm trying multiple recipes.  I'll report back on how they are.

Looking forward to Monday!

The Whole30 book is about how to do the program with a smattering of "why".

It Starts With Food is all about the "why" and how the body works and how foods interact with your body.  If you like knowing how things work and the logic behind the rules, definitely read ISWF.

I am starting the 25th and I'm a first timer! Right now I am gathering my meal plan for the week for a family of 5, wish me luck...

Oh, I also started crossfit 3 weeks ago, yeah I'm a glutton for punishment. :D

Goals, great idea!  Here are some of mine:

• Be better prepared.  I want to have good meat, as I cannot tolerate eggs, defrosting or precooked at all times!
  • Keep alcohol out of the house.  It is too tempting.
  • Listen to my body.  It is so easy to eat when it is mealtime.  I want to eat when I am hungry!  I also want to rest when I am tired instead of reaching for a food or caffeine pick-me-up.
  • Eat more fat and less fruit.
  • Focus on nourishing myself, not the things that I am missing.

Hello!

I too am starting my first Whole30 on the 25th. I am very nervous about it as I have always been a very undisciplined eater ... as well as an emotional eater. I don't like to cook. I eat a lot of takeout. Consequently, I'm 100 lbs overweight. Ugh. Looking forward to the changes this eating plan can deliver. Doing meal prep this weekend. Good luck to you all!

Hello everyone!. I'm also starting the program on the 25th. The biggest challenge will be meal planning and cooking - I don't enjoy doing either. I prefer to mostly snack all day. But I do need to get my food allergies and intolerances in check, reactions are getting worse every time I have an episode, so hoping Whole30 will get me to a healthier place.

Yes, both books are important to read, but if you only have time for one I'd say the whole30 book because you need to know all the rules about the program, plus there are some amazing recipes!

I was never good at meal prep before whole30, but when I did it the first time it forced me to get into the habit and now I can't imagine how I didn't meal prep for so long!

My advice is to find a few meals that you really love and look forward to eating. One of mine was grilled burger patties, with mashed avocado and hot sauce, so yummy and easy to reheat. Also, big bags of frozen veggies from costco are awesome and easy. Make things as easy for yourself as you can!

This weekend I'm prepping the Mexican tuna boats from page 238 of the book for lunches, and I'm making oven baked blackened tilapia for dinners (pintrest recipe). For breakfast I usually have the same thing because it's delicious- 3 fried eggs, sweet potatoe hash, 1/2 avocado, and a bowl of frozen veggies with ghee.

Just finished prepping for day 1! I made the perfect sausage for breakfast, grilled some chicken for my salads and made a salad dressing. I also hard boiled some eggs. Went and got a bunch of meat at Costco and sealed it for the freezer so I have plenty of meat on hand. Super excited for day 1 tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Day one is tomorrow for me too. I have suffered from Hidradenitis Suppurayiva which is a skin condition since about 6 years ago. It's been a painful and embarrassing nightmare - physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting. I believe my diet is the cause and that the Whole 30 will put me into remission. I'm also looking to feel more energetic and just healthier all around. I'm looking forward to the challenge and to hopefully see results.

-Hayleu

P.s. - does anyone here suffer from HS, or can you point me in the direction of a thread on this forum that I might find useful?

• Moderators

Hi everyone! Day one is tomorrow for me too. I have suffered from Hidradenitis Suppurayiva which is a skin condition since about 6 years ago. It's been a painful and embarrassing nightmare - physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting. I believe my diet is the cause and that the Whole 30 will put me into remission. I'm also looking to feel more energetic and just healthier all around. I'm looking forward to the challenge and to hopefully see results.

-Hayleu

P.s. - does anyone here suffer from HS, or can you point me in the direction of a thread on this forum that I might find useful?

If you google Whole30 Hidradenitis Suppurativa or Whole30 forum Hidradenitis Suppurativa, that's the best way to find previous discussions of it. I don't think it's come up a whole lot, but I did find at least one success story about it, which hopefully will keep you motivated through your Whole30. Definitely feel free to keep your own log here in the forum about anything you think is relevant, and post your own success story when you're done if you do see improvement, so that others with the condition can find more resources in the future.

Hi everyone. I'm starting too. I'm really nervous! I tried whole 30 for the first time a few months ago but only lasted 5 days because I got the flu. Hoping to make it to the end this time. I'd like to loose a few pounds too as they've been piling on lately. Went on a bit of a sugar binge the last couple of days so expecting the withdrawal to be bad.

Hi everyone, I'm starting tomorrow too! I did my last whole 30 in February last year and felt great all year. Then at the start of this year I got injured and stopped working out. My not so great eating habits have slowly crept back into my life and so have my migraines and rise in blood pressure. I recently came back from vacation with a new bigger sugar dragon too. I feel uncomfortable and need to reset my eating habits again so here I am. Hoping my migraines will go away again, I can lose some weight and get my bp back to normal. Other goals for me will be to start working out 3days/week, drink more water, and sleep 7-8 hours/night. I think my sugar withdrawl will be pretty bad too. Prepping for tomorrow... We can do this!

Has everyone looked over the whole30 timeline? http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

It's good to know what to expect and what's normal! It will be interesting to see how everyone compares to it! Last time I was pretty close to all the stages, but none of them felt as extreme as it sounded, they were more mild including tiger blood. We'll see what this go-around has in store!!! Good luck everyone, we're in this together!

Just wanted to wish every one good luck and good health on day 1 of the programme!  Great to hear about some of the preparation everyone has done.  I thought I was organised but not so sure now  ;)

Breakfast was 3/8 of a 7-egg frittata with veggies, coconut oil and a few pine nuts (I ate a quarter and didn't feel full so had a little more).  Wondering if its going to get me through until lunch time though.  Is anyone else finding it difficult to think about anything other than FOOD?!  :rolleyes:  :D

Archived