Starting Whole30 on July 25th!

Earoti

Hi everyone! Today is the start to day 7 and it's my first day back at work. I am so glad to have such supportive coworkers, my next door neighbor at school is joining us in the whole 30 starting today! She has previously done the autoimmune diet. I'm hoping we will keep each other away from candy etc! Have a great Monday everyone!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5,6,&7 done!

So the weekend passed with no cheats!! I may not have been as portioned as I should have, but at least I survived get togethers and dining out without caving. :) I have a roast in the crockpot which should serve as dinner and lunch for a couple days, I just need to prep my mini quiches as I ran out of time yesterday. I was so worn out and tired by the end of the day yesterday, I just did not have it in me to make them. 

Day 8!!  We made it through the weekend!!  I did well at my two events - no alcohol and didn't eat any of the food.  It was easy to resist due to eating before going.  I even met a couple who had just completed their first Whole30 and gave me tips, encouragement and added me to their group for recipes and such.  

Spent almost all day yesterday doing meal prep.  I'm hoping to get better at it, so it doesn't take me so long.  Made the chicken meatballs with roasted spaghetti squash again as well as the pulled pork carnitas with the green cabbage slaw with lemon oil - both SUPER DELICIOUS!

Today per the timeline should be a "My pants are tighter", but I'm finding they are looser!!  So, I'll take that NSV!  Feeling good, slept well ready to tackle days 10 & 11 where they say, you want to give up.  

Happy eating, y'all!  Let's make it a great week!!

G

Officially 1 week down. I'm pretty proud of myself for making it one week. So far I haven't really noticed any changes. My pants don't feel tighter or looser, but I really doubt that I will go through this entire month without losing any weight. 

I'm with everyone in that the food prep takes forever! 

What's everyone cooking this week? I have salmon salads for lunch, some pesto shrimp and greek chicken on the menu (among other yummy meals!)

What's everyone cooking this week? I have salmon salads for lunch, some pesto shrimp and greek chicken on the menu (among other yummy meals!)

I have pork carnitas in the crockpot at home, found some yummy sausage and made some german potato salad to last a while, making some cilantro lime chicken with green beans, made some buffalo ranch meatballs, and a rotisserie chicken. Mind you I have 5 to feed. :) 

I made the pork carnitas with the green slaw with lemon oil.  Had that last night for dinner and had some leftovers (3 servings) and will be having that with breakfast with egg and avocado.  I'm making the baby back ribs with Tessamae's BBQ sauce from the Whole30 book this evening with a side of roasted butternut squash - that should be enough for 3 dinners this week.  I also made the Perfect Burger, which I had for lunch today with a baked sweet potato with ghee.  I'll have that for lunch again tomorrow.  Wednesday and Thursday lunches will be Chicken Meatballs/Roasted Spaghetti Squash/Pesto sauce.  Dinner those two nights will be baked salmon with roasted acorn squash.  I may also do some chicken salad in lettuce cups for Friday and Saturday lunches.  

A good weekend breakfast (since you may have more time) is the Diner Breakfast from the book.  I made it for me and my boyfriend and we loved it and it kept us full until lunch.  I'll start mapping out next week soon as I got some more recipes.  I'll share if they are good.  

Pesto shrimp and Greek Chicken sound yummy!!

We had crockpot shredded buffalo chicken in a sweet potato tonight. The dump ranch on top was perfect! I'll have the chicken on top of salad for lunch tomorrow. We will have steak for dinner tomorrow and I'm making extra so I can put it salad for lunch the next day.

I'm trying to avoid doing SO much prep by sticking to leftovers for lunch. I still prepped all weekend ha! I made the butternut squash soup from the book and it is SO GOOD. I would eat the whole pot with a spoon in one sitting!!

Officially 1 week down. I'm pretty proud of myself for making it one week. So far I haven't really noticed any changes. My pants don't feel tighter or looser, but I really doubt that I will go through this entire month without losing any weight. 

I'm with everyone in that the food prep takes forever! 

Spent several hours on Sunday preparing food for the week (and next weekend as we are camping from Friday to Monday) so have prepared:

Giant frittata (12 eggs, bacon, veggies, new potatoes, served with 1/2 avocado for breakfasts)

Stuffed peppers with ground beef (we had that last night with roasted veggies and home made mayo - left overs for lunch)

Tonight we have roasted partridge with new potatoes from the garden and greens

Tomorrow it's turkey meatballs with the marinara sauce and extras for Thursday lunch

Thursday it'll be the paleo padthai with sunshine sauce

Friday / Saturday beef and sweet potato chilli with guacamole 

Sunday / Monday I have prepared the ratatouille and made chicken meat balls to go with it.

I still plan to make home made pork sausage and a load of hard boiled eggs and sweet potatoes for breakfasts, scotch eggs and spicy tuna cakes for lunch.

I'm exhausted from cooking!  

Well done all for getting through the weekend :D  I really really really wanted cheese cake on Saturday night!  But I did not give in to my craving.  

Day 9 and I'm feeling really headachey and have a fuzzy head and neck ache.  It might be more to do with doing too much on Monday evening and not going to bed early enough.  I'm not feeling like my clothes are tighter (hurrah) but I am a little grumpy today (nothing to do with oversleeping and finding my husband had left the car with no fuel in it all!!).  

But the good news is we are all nearly 1/3 of the way through our 30 days!  I can see why days 10 and 11 are the hardest - starting to get a bit fed-up with food preparation but I have done a lot more than usual because of planning for this weekend away.  Not noticing much in the way of benefits yet (perhaps less bloating) but I know it's early days.

B)

Day 8 done! 

Yesterday I was so tired, I actually took a power nap when I got home instead of prepping for dinner. No worries though, dinner was just a little later than normal. Yesterday and today I notice my pants are tighter :/ , but since it is in the timeline I am not going to stress or let it derail me.

Breakfast - Eggs and bacon (I know I know, I need veggies, but I was just too tired, made loads of mini quiches last night so no repeating)

Lunch - sausage and salad (made up for the veggies here) with homemade ranch

Pre-workout - few brussel sprouts with ghee 

Post-workout - Pork Carnitas with brussel sprouts and ghee  

We made it to Day 9!!  The pre and post WO meals are getting easier to swallow.  Feeling pretty good today.  I am feeling the "My Pants are Tighter" today, however.  It's not too bad though and I'm not going to let it upset me.  I'm a bit tired today and feeling a little achy.  

Breakfast - Pork carnitas with two eggs topped with 1/2 avocado and green slaw with lemon oil.

Lunch - Perfect burger with a baked sweet potato with ghee and a banana

Dinner - Going to dinner with friends at a sushi restaurant.  I will get hot green tea, sashimi (no ginger or wasabi) and bring coconut aminos to replace the soy sauce.  

We should all start getting mentally prepared for the next few days as per the timeline, that's when we'll want to quit.  BUT WE CANNOT QUIT - LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME!!

I hope everyone has a great day and rest of the week.  Happy eating, y'all!!  :D

We should all start getting mentally prepared for the next few days as per the timeline, that's when we'll want to quit.  BUT WE CANNOT QUIT - LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME!!

I hope everyone has a great day and rest of the week.  Happy eating, y'all!!  :D

I can see why people quit around now. The food prep is no joke! I find myself getting angry at the time spent in the kitchen when I want to be doing other stuff. Not to mention that I have 2 small children to feed so sometimes I feel like I'm in the kitchen all.day.long.

I have noted that I get less 'hangry'. Usually if I don't snack on something mid morning I get a shaky, lightheaded feeling and get anxious and very irritable. Clearly that's a classic sugar crash, I never realized that before. Now I can go all morning until lunch without even thinking about food. Crazy!

I do miss milk in my coffee. A lot. Who would have thought that would be the hardest thing to give up? I tried almond milk. Its just not the same.

I do miss milk in my coffee. A lot. Who would have thought that would be the hardest thing to give up? I tried almond milk. Its just not the same.

Did you try coconut milk?  Many people have said that is good in coffee.  I made the switch to almond milk years ago, so it wasn't much of an adjustment for me.  Maybe give coconut milk a try.  

Day 9 nearly completed and my clothes are far from tight! I can visibly see I've lost a lot of weight, I'm guessing about half a stone.

Food prep is getting annoying so I made a massive cottage pie today that should cover dinners until Friday as I'm only feeding myself. Tried almond milk for the first time today....not too keen but hoping it'll grow on me because I'm really missing my tea.

Been having really weird food dreams. First it was ice-cream, which I very rarely eat anyway. Then last night I dreamed about avocados. I hate avocados!

Making a real effort to cut down on snacks this week and so far it's going well. I've really increased the size of my meals and that seems to be helping. I don't think I was eating enough last week as I was always hungry.

I haven't been posting in a couple days. I screwed my neck up and can't move it very well. I have been on plan though. Thank goodness I food planned and grocery shopped on Sunday. Starting to feel better and have a dinner of chicken with sweet potatoes and broccoli cooking in the oven.

Day 9 done! 

OMG! My pants were, still are, so tight! I was so miserably uncomfortable yesterday, I had to make myself go workout. Ugh, hoping this bloated phase passes quickly. 

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, green onions. 

Lunch - Pork carnitas and brussel sprouts 

Pre-WO- nuts

Post-WO- Lime chicken, green beans, german potato salad.

Did you try coconut milk?  Many people have said that is good in coffee.  I made the switch to almond milk years ago, so it wasn't much of an adjustment for me.  Maybe give coconut milk a try.  

I tried coconut milk this morning. Thanks! It was a little creamy but way better than almond milk!

Day 9 done! 

OMG! My pants were, still are, so tight! I was so miserably uncomfortable yesterday, I had to make myself go workout. Ugh, hoping this bloated phase passes quickly. 

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, green onions. 

Lunch - Pork carnitas and brussel sprouts 

Pre-WO- nuts

Post-WO- Lime chicken, green beans, german potato salad.

What is a german potato salad? I'm intrigued!

My pants are still tight - so today I'm wearing a loose dress :) A friend of mind is 'loosely' following the Whole 30 and she texted me that she has already lost 4 pounds. I'm pretty sure I have lost nothing (my scale is hidden so I have no clue) but I"m trying not to get discouraged.

This morning my breakfast was 1.5 compliant sausages, fried potatoes and a wack of broccoli. It was so much food and I'm still full 4 hours later. Will have a little snack and go for a run soon.

What is a german potato salad? I'm intrigued!

My pants are still tight - so today I'm wearing a loose dress :) A friend of mind is 'loosely' following the Whole 30 and she texted me that she has already lost 4 pounds. I'm pretty sure I have lost nothing (my scale is hidden so I have no clue) but I"m trying not to get discouraged.

This morning my breakfast was 1.5 compliant sausages, fried potatoes and a wack of broccoli. It was so much food and I'm still full 4 hours later. Will have a little snack and go for a run soon.

German potato salad is so yummy!! I twicked the recipe some to my taste, but here is the recipe: 

http://bravoforpaleo.com/2015/09/15/whole30-german-potato-salad/

I meant to wear my stretchy pants today and forgot :( tomorrow I definitely will. LOL 

Day 10 - when you may want to quit.  I'm not feeling that today.  I slept well, got up early for my HIIT Cardio class and felt like I was able to push it a little more this time.  I was able to eat my pre and post WO meals with no issues and just finished my breakfast.  

Breakfast - Pork Carnitas, mushrooms, 2 eggs fried in coconut oil topped with 1/2 an avocado.  

Lunch - Chicken meatballs with roasted spaghetti squash topped with pesto sauce.  

Dinner - Balsamic and Rosemary Grilled Salmon with roasted acorn squash.

I stocked on some compliant Larabars and smoked beef snack sticks for emergencies only.  I don't plan to snack if I'm not hungry.  I'm really trying to just eat the pre & post WO meals and the 3 meals per day.  The other day, however, I did snack on some dry roasted macadamia nuts that I had bought for a recipe.  I know now not to eat them just because they are good and there in the pantry.  I'm trying to use nuts in recipes as opposed to just eating a handful of them.  

I hope everyone is feeling positive today and tomorrow and doesn't feel like quitting.  We can do this!!

Happy eating, y'all!

Hi everyone! 

I've been following this thread on the forum as I started on the 25th as well. 

You're all doing a great job  :)

I found the first week a real breeze; however day 8, 9, and today I had a migraine and now seem to have a persistent dull headache. UGH. Hopefully it lifts soon. Meals have been really good. I printed out my meal plan and stuck it on the fridge. I also put my starting weight and measurements on the fridge - so it's always reminding me what I'm doing the whole 30 for. 

Gigi I am also in NOLA! I've lived here for nearly 2 years and I gained 20 pounds after moving here LOL 

I've lost 10 already, just the last 10 to go... 

Gigi I am also in NOLA! I've lived here for nearly 2 years and I gained 20 pounds after moving here LOL 

Glad to hear it!!  Yes, it's hard to eat healthy sometimes in NOLA.  So much good, fried food here.  But, it seems a lot of farm to table restaurants are popping up, which can be Whole30 compliant based on what you get.  

Keep coming back to the forum for support, advice and to share your thoughts!  Oh, and if you find any compliant eats locally, let me know!  I have found complaint bacon at Whole Foods.  A lot of stuff I've been getting on Amazon because it's fast with Prime.  

Good luck to you on your journey!  You might just lose your last 10 pounds with this!  :D

Hi everyone!

I've been following this thread on the forum as I started on the 25th as well.

You're all doing a great job :)

I found the first week a real breeze; however day 8, 9, and today I had a migraine and now seem to have a persistent dull headache. UGH. Hopefully it lifts soon. Meals have been really good. I printed out my meal plan and stuck it on the fridge. I also put my starting weight and measurements on the fridge - so it's always reminding me what I'm doing the whole 30 for.

I've had a headache today too!! Ugh.

Hi everyone, day 10 is almost over!!! I'm still bloated, had a mild headache before lunch and have a major tummy ache but don't feel like giving up at all !!! 

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with carrots and olive oil for fat

Lunch - ground beef with carrot, endive, olive oil and half a tangerine

Diner - ... about to come ...

Start on Day 12 and it seems right on queue the weirdo food dreams have started. Last night I dreamt that I accidentally ate non compliant food through the form of rocky road.

What's strange about it was that I didn't consciously put it in my mouth, all of a sudden it was in there and I was like "what's this? Oh no, it's non compliant food" and then struggled to get it out of my mouth.

Once you realise it's just a dream, all you can do is laugh I guess. It is actually quite funny!

Archived