RealPlans

LauraVP

I'm on day 6 of the plan, I'm using the Real plan to plan my meals but I'm not sure how they fit the template sometimes.  Many of the dinners are one pot meals and the only vegetables are onions, celery and peppers. Is that enough? The clam chowder had 21/2 cups of cashews for 4 servings...I paid for the planner so I wouldn't have to second guess everything but I'm 2nd guessing everything anyway :)

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with the Real Plans program but if you feel that the meals you're choosing off the plan don't fit the template, then add the appropriate amounts of whatever is missing.  

What are you asking about the cashews?  Over 1/2 cup of cashews for a single serving is a fair amount... you wouldn't want to be eating something with that many nuts too often as nuts are encouraged to be limited (think a closed handful every other day).  That would be sufficient fat for that meal tho...

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, LauraVP said:

The real Plans program is linked directly to this site so I guess my question is . Is it safe to assume the meals are compliant since the plan is sold through this site? 

thank you

For anything, even if it comes straight from the Whole30 website, you should always look at what the recipe is and how it fits into your understanding of Whole30. Every now and then, even on the official Whole30 Recipes feeds, something slips through that isn't really in keeping with the spirit of the program. Don't let Real Plans take the place of your own critical thinking skills and understanding of the rules of the program.

Basically, they're probably compliant, but if anything doesn't seem quite right to you, then skip that recipe, or ask on the forum here or on one of the Whole30 social media pages (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.). 

• 3 weeks later...

I think that's something that's important to communicate with the people at Real Plans and also with maybe someone at Whole30 by messaging their Facebook page. The mods here are awesome, but they're volunteers and lead busy lives in addition to answering questions here. Whole30 should know that people are questioning what they're paying for through Real Plans and the Real Plans people need to know that something's not right. Maybe then, everyone can work together to make sure that someone paying for Real Plans isn't having to take those meals and still do a lot of work to plan how to make them fit the template. 

I have been using RealPlans for over a month now and have found it very helpful. If you look at the bottom of the recipe it gives suggestions of things to serve it with. I frequently use more than one recipe for a meal or add a salad or veg to go with it. It is fairly easy to make it fit the meal template without changing the recipe by adding what you feel is missing.  

Make sure you select Whole30 as your meal plan.  Mine keeps coming unchecked.  Also they told me that their recipes are provided by Melissa, not the same as the ones in the cookbook, but similar.  I chose the "30 minutes or less option".  I may change that up.  I love real plans.  It makes the planning and the shopping so much easier than printing out recipes, making a grocery list, etc.  

Archived