Headaches after Tiger Blood

I finished my second full round in January and want to go again in May. BUT, during my last round I had a major trouble. After I got my Tiger Blood, my energy level dipped to a all time low. Even more troubling, I got headaches after each meal. Both continued and progressively got worse until I finished my 30 days. I made sure I drank plenty of water and I feel my whole30 was prefect as far as fats/veggies/proteins.  I upped my fats when tired and did not snack unless really needed. But as I progressed through my 30 days, my desire to face-plant into a chocolate cake grew stronger and stronger. Once I hit day 31, I lost all will power and ate that cake. My headaches immediately stopped and my energy returned. I can only think my headaches and fatigue were due to the lack of carbs and/or sugar. And my body did like using fats for energy. 

I want to start a round, but I'm worried about a re-occurrence of the headaches and fatigue. 

So, if the  headaches and fatigue after meals were due to lake of carbs and/or sugar, do I up my intake of carbs next time? Reduce the fats? Please someone advise me! 

• Administrators

Were you regularly eating any starchy vegetables? Yams, potatoes, winter squash etc? It does sound like you inadvertently went too low carb which can happen when you replace all your previous carbs with veggies and don't prioritise the starchier ones.

Thank for the reply!  My breakfast each day contained either a (partial) white or sweet potato. And I would add them to lunch and dinner recipes. I feel that you are right on with the starchy veggies though. I just wonder how much of them I need each day during a round. I am pretty active.

5 minutes ago, Mom to Miranda said:

My breakfast each day contained either a (partial) white or sweet potato

Did you get the headaches even on the days you had sweet potato?

Headaches when eating white potatoes is a fairly common symptom of night-shade sensitivity..... Were you regularly eating other night shades like peppers & tomatoes without issue?

If you were eating starchy veg in at least one meal per day it's unlikely you were too low carb.

Archived