In-N-Out burger???

Michaela Konzal

I'm having a hard time with convenience. I'm always on the go and I wake up early to prepare food for the whole day. However, it would be REALLY nice to get a quick meal. I had Chipotle yesterday (salad, no dressing, carnitas, mild salsa and guac) but does anyone know anything about In-N-Out Burger? They advertise quality and protein style options. I was thinking a double double, no cheese no sauce made protein style. Basically this means it's two hamburger patties with onion and tomato wrapped in lettuce. I'm just worried about what oil the patties are grilled in.

I would also worry about the quality of the meat. It's probably factory farmed. We ate out once during our Whole30 and that was, you guessed it, Chipotle. It's tough. Have you thought about doing a large cook-up on a day off so you have stuff that's quick/easy to prepare when you're "on the go"?

• 1 month later...

I was at IN and Out over the weekend with some friends and asked a lot of questions. THe patties protein style should be compliant as they are fresh with no additives. The sauce , ketchup, etc is not...but if you get a double double protein style you should be okay....they dont use oil to grill them either I was told.

Also Five Guys burgers is compliant if your careful there as well.

If you can go without sauces and have them cook without oil then you should be ok. The quality of meat is always a good-better-best decision. Just b/c it isn't grass-fed doesn't mean you can't eat it. Ideally you want to limit your consumption of factory farmed meat products, but this life, and that's not always going to be a viable option.

So George, I think you are ok

• 2 years later...

PSA: In N Out does not use any oil for their meat patties or onions. I work there and on my breaks have been eating a Double Meat (no cheese) grilled onion, Mustard, Tomato, pickle only protein style (lettuce wrapped).

Or I just have 2 meat patties with pickles and tomatoes on the side.

And I know fries go against the spirit, but our fries are technically compliant also as they are cooked in cottonseed oil.

Our spread is packed with soy so stay away from that.

• Administrators

PSA: In N Out does not use any oil for their meat patties or onions. I work there and on my breaks have been eating a Double Meat (no cheese) grilled onion, Mustard, Tomato, pickle only protein style (lettuce wrapped).

Or I just have 2 meat patties with pickles and tomatoes on the side.

And I know fries go against the spirit, but our fries are technically compliant also as they are cooked in cottonseed oil.

Our spread is packed with soy so stay away from that.

Interesting!  How do they get the patties not to stick to the grill surface??

And the fries might be compliant based on their ingredients but no commercially prepared french fries are compliant on the Whole30. ;)

Archived