How many eggs do people eat per day?

Tveen

they show a deconstructed burger, a portabella burger, and a burger between two slices of sweet potato.

I construct it on my plate just like I would if I had buns.

Burger, mayo, tomato, lettuce and bacon OR wrap lettuce around burger, tuck in tomato and bacon, drizzle with mayo.

Thanks guys. I might try some variations and see what I like best. I just roasted up some eggplant slices, that might also work too :-D

Thanks for your responses everyone! Seems like I am right there with you all! I'm trying to mix up my breakfasts with having leftovers from dinner as well to not get sick of eggs! And those meals always give me so much more energy!

• 1 month later...

My cholesterol has been fine and I get tested regularly. In the beginning, I was eating 1-2 dozens a week but I have decreased how many days a week I eat them more for variety than anything. On the weekends I eat 2-3 eggs each morning and I'll have hard-boiled eggs on hand for breakfast or salads suring the week.

I have three each morning hard boiled or scrambled. My wife has 2. We seldome eat them through the day, but as I start to ramp up my workouts I will eat more.

Pretty awesome on the cholesterol numbers everyone. I am getting my blood work in a few weeks to monitor progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Erm...I usually have four for breakfast, and depending on what I have in the fridge for other meals I usually have at least another four over the course of the day. Probably once a week I have a carton per day. It feels like a lot, but it's also about 1/2 the price of my other protein options. And it's easy.

• 2 weeks later...

If you hate eggs, look for a source of real eggs. Grocery store eggs are usually over three weeks old, and are irradiated. Easy test for the age of your eggs - if you can hard boil them and the shells peel easily they are old.

Fresh eggs from chickens that are fed a species-appropriate diet have a bright orange yolk, and two layers of egg white. When you crack them into a pan, the yolk is very high and round, then there is a thick layer of white, surrounded by a thinner layer of white that is not runny.

They taste completely different because they are basically different food!

Wait, is everybody's cholesterol NORMAL with that many eggs?

http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/cardiovascular/cholesterol/cholesterol2.htm

The VAST majority of the cholesterol in your body is made by your body. It is largely a myth that high cholesterol food = high cholesterol in the blood. It has far more to do with genetics than food. But, if it runs in your family, your mileage may vary.

• 11 months later...

I eat 1.5-3 per day.  With my breakfasts I typically have meat and scrambled eggs to equal the 1-2 palms of protein.  But if I'm only having eggs with no other meat I fry up three of them ... my palms are small. ;)

As far as burgers ... I've been eating them without the buns for many years so I prefer them deconstructed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived