All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. SelWhole30

Help - Used the wrong flour

Thank you! I think looking at it as Whole33 is a great idea. And no matter what I am doing the reintroduction to the tee so I wouldn't even be eating grains until like day 39 anyway. I will simply tack on a few extra days and call it a day, I'd like to know if gluten affects me so that's the best bet. Thank you for giving me a way to look at it positively as opposed to saying Day 1 again lol. Important to note that I'm also a new non-smoker (day 4) so everything feels a bit off and negative in certain times. Focusing on Whole 30 has done a lot for that though! So again, thank you for the positive way to think about this!
  4. Amy_Michigan

Emma' Whole 30 (February 1)

Good luck with meal planning tomorrow. Remember... there are recipes that just say throw some things in a crockpot and you’re done...so just finding the right recipes for your motivation level is the first step. And why not weigh yourself since you are back to Day 1? I always find that a big motivator...up to you, though. I hope you find a few meals you can get excited about for the rest of this week!
  5. Amy_Michigan

Amy's Log for 2020

I prepped! I cut lettuce and chicken and put them in my salad bowl and placed it in the fridge. What a simple thing that will save me time tomorrow and keep me on the whole30 path. I hope everyone that has days where they want to cheat tries this herbal tea. It is the only tea I actually like. It has probably saved me once or twice from snacking at night with TV shows. All the flavors they offer prevent me from getting bored. I don’t drink this every night..maybe 2-3 times a week. My favorites are Raspberry Zinger, Wild Berry Zinger, and True Blueberry.
  6. SchrodingersCat

Help - Used the wrong flour

I discovered on day 4 of my first round that there were sulfites in the lemon juice I'd been using in my water. It was only a tiny amount, but because I was doing a Whole30 to establish food intolerances, and I really needed a completely clean slate to do that, I started over by tacking 4 extra days on before reintro. I just called it a Whole34! Really it's up to you, but if you're looking for the 'clean slate' before reintro, then it doesn't really matter if a slip was accidental or deliberate - our bodies will react the same. It's far less upsetting to restart when you're early on, as the extra days are so far away! By the time I got there, it was no big deal.
  7. Emma

Amy's Log for 2020

I don't eat when I'm stressed. Most of the time it doesn't seem to impact me in any way that I notice and I often feel better because I'm not putting things in my system that bog it down. But, at the same time, there is something to that "take care of yourself" thinking. I'm impressed that you're planning on prepping your foods in the evening.
  8. Emma

Day One: It helps putting things in perspective and realizing I only fell off the path for four or five days. My binge eating of junk was a little crazy, but even so, I bet it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I cooked up cabbage and pork last night as well as roasted cauliflower. I'm eating it now after a long day. I didn't get to the gym as planned because I had to pick up the kids, but I ate clean foods and made it till evening. I'm back on board. I was definitely tempted early evening when I didn't have time to get to the store like planned and all I had at work was frozen veggies. I wanted the chocolate cake. I wanted the frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. Or the frozen chicken nuggets, but I didn't have them. Instead I microwaved up that big bowl of frozen veggies.They'd have tasted better with garlic powder and been more filling with some protein other than almonds, but overall....it worked. @Amy_Michigan My husband got into tea. I try here and there, but haven't found a love for it yet, except when I give up coffee. Perhaps I'll give it a go. I do like having Lara Bars on hand and currently I have none. i also like the blueberry one. @BabyBear I am back and that is what matters. And I'm so glad you all are still here!!! Not sure what I'll eat tomorrow because I just finished off the cabbage, pork, and cauliflower, but I know I didn't like how I was feeling over the weekend. I need to constantly remember why I am doing this because it's so hard to get sidetracked.
  9. Help! I made 10 Salmon cakes tonight and ate one of them only to discover AFTER that the flour was actually unbleached flour NOT almond flour. Do I have to start over? I'm on Day 3. I'm curious on how much that would effect me and if I actually have to start over. I did throw out the salmon cakes (mehh) but I did eat one before realizing it. There was a 1 cup in the whole mix meaning I had about 1/10 of the flour. Let me know thoughts on this! Thank you
  10. learning40

Almost40, First Whole30

I made it through Day 10. Hooray! I'm feeling a little bored, and my lunch was kind of pathetic but I didn't touch my emergency larabar, so that's something. B: Hard-boiled eggs, banana, a spoonful of almond butter. L: Ugh. What I could do at the lodge...uninspiring but compliant beef patty on lettuce, then some more salad greens (with apple cider vinegar only because there was no oil at the salad bar?); a couple of almonds. Tomorrow, I'll bring my own dressing at least. D: Pleasantly surprised by the Chipotle Whole30 Bowl. So yes, I'm getting a little bored with the choices I have at this point. But I feel good and realize that but for this effort, I'd be eating all kinds of crazy stuff while away from home. Plus, my knees felt so much better today than the last few times I skied, so I'll count that as a victory, too. And since the book says people are most likely to quit on Day 10 or 11, there's some new confidence that comes with staying on track today. I'm less worried about tomorrow since I have more of an idea what to expect and we went to the grocery store. If my littlest person will just sleep all night, I think tomorrow will be a great day!
  11. SchrodingersCat

Guess who's back? Round 3 Day 1 on 28 January

In the spirit of tracking (and I'm going to try to track the weekend, too, and post when I get Wifi): Breakfast: Ham and veg soup (non-compliant ham, corn, and chicken stock) Lunch: Salad of arugula and baby spinach, sweet potato, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber and boiled eggs with a jalapeno lime dressing (no idea whats in it, def not compliant)
  12. Amy_Michigan

I totally think of my celestial seasoning fruit samplers tea as my magic fix. It calms my cravings... And if I feel bloated I go by experience and trust that my digestive system will be back to normal in a few days. A larabar helps me if I’m constipated. My favorite is blueberry. I don’t even know how much fiber is in one of those..all I know is that it seems to work for me. And an apple a day to keep the doctor away (I try)
  13. Amy_Michigan

Amy's Log for 2020

Okay, I’m still not functioning like a normal person. I did the same thing as yesterday and fasted throughout the the day unintentionally. Work was just stressing me out I guess, but I need to build up some motivation to pack my lunch the night before. It’s not hard...I have lettuce, veggies, and chicken, and compliant ranch to pack and bring tomorrow. I have to just TAKE it basically. No real work involved there so I need to stop being lazy about lunches. M1 at 8:00 AM: banana, large container of pre-cut melon, and black coffee M2 at 7:30 PM (LONG day): chicken salad, reheated ground beef mixed with compliant pasta sauce, and a bowl of freezer broccoli- steamed in microwave and ate with added ghee.
  14. SchrodingersCat

Thank you! Definitely back right after! I can't believe I'm completely cut off for 3 days haahaa.
  15. Amy_Michigan

Well, you knew this was coming, right? Are you coming back after? It sounds like you will, but wasn't I sure of your exact plan... safe travels and hope to see you back in a few days!
  16. Yesterday
  17. SugarcubeOD

Day 28 - Depressed and Fat

Sometimes, even tho we have weight to lose, our bodies prioritize other healing over dropping pounds. It can be disheartening to have done the entire program and not have visible results but I honestly encourage you to find other results... is your skin better? Your sleep better? Cravings diminished? How's the depression and anxiety? One thing that you might also consider is that stress hormones can impact your ability to lose weight and if you've been stressing this entire time about losing xx pounds, you could be actually working against your own body chemistry. Stay the course, eat three template meals a day and believe that choosing health will make you healthy... Also, on that note, if you have been under-eating in an attempt to hack the program and restricting to count calories, it's VERY likely that you've done yourself a disservice... when you restrict calories and food, you put your body into survival mode and it does not drop weight when it thinks you're in a famine. If you would like to know more about whether this could be what's going on, feel free to list out a few example days of what you've been eating including portions etc... and we can have a look and see. I know it seems counter intuitive to eat more to lose weight but you want your body feeling safe and nourished so it knows that sufficient food is coming again every 4-6 hours...
  18. SchrodingersCat

Merciful mother of Ath, I just found out that the place we're going for the next 3 days doesn't have phone coverage or internet. This is not going to be easy.
  19. SchrodingersCat

TRASH FOOD AND WINE WAS A BAD, BAD CHOICE!! Ugh, total food and mild booze hangover today. NOT cool. I'm annoyed at myself because the food I ate was actually garbage - not just in it being junk but also it wasn't even nice. BLERGH! Mum and Dad get here this afternoon. We fly out at 7:30am tomorrow, so up at 5:30am. So although everyone else will be on the wine tonight, I certainly will not be! I forgot my damn lunch, too. No idea what I'm going to have. I mean, it doesn't have to be 100% compliant, because my day isn't going to be, but I don't want to go too off track, either.
  20. YGetty

Snacks for Braces

Thanks! I'm definitely being over cautious. I'm also partly dealing with how annoying it is to get certain foods out of my braces, so finding whole30 compliant options that don't require a year's worth of chewing per bite it helpful
  21. YGetty

Snacks for Braces

Thank you for the information! A mini meal sounds like exactly what I need. I have long days in the office, and with my schedule, it need something small between lunch at noon and dinner at 7.
  22. SugarcubeOD

Snacks for Braces

I think you'll find as you become more comfortable with braces that they're not quite as fragile as one thinks... I don't think there are too many people who have had braces for 12-24 months that live only on soft food... sure, when they are first on or tightened, the soft food is less painful and I wouldn't recommend eating a frozen toblerone bar (which is obvs not compliant) but regular crunchy food like carrot sticks/celery sticks etc... should not be popping your brackets off or breaking the wires.
  23. YGetty

Snacks for Braces

Thank you. I can't wait to try the poppers!
  24. YGetty

Snacks for Braces

I know, but I when I have a long day at work, I find that I need something to munch on, and it is difficult to find compliant snacks that will not break the wires on my braces.
  25. beachbaby

Start February 10th

@MeredithM20 You go girl!! We made it to double digits! We are 1/3 of the way to victory! Just keep your eyes on the prize...
  26. beachbaby

Start day 2/10. First day on this forum...

Thx @BabyBear I will do that!!
  27. Am on day 50 of my whole 30 and feel great! I felt i needed a bit more time before reintroducing foods to help ensure i had done a full reset. Had a question on sugar. I was religious about sugar during the last 50 days. now that i want to continue with clean eating i have a question on food labels. here is an example...bacon...there are some good brands that have no nitrates and list added sugar as 0% and overall 0% of daily allowance but list cane sugar as an ingredient. my sense would be that it is ok to use these products given the very low amounts and not impact any sugar issues - ie it really isn't enough to call it reintroduction especially if you are completely avoiding products with added sugar. is this a correct assumption.
  28. Jihanna

Eating enough?

Real Plans is a Whole30 partner, but not a part of Whole30 in and of itself... so it's totally possible to do one using Real Plans' W30 plan but it's also possible to go without a meal planner entirely. I personally must have more control over my meal planning, so I'm typically reviewing a few new recipes each week to add to my online recipe box, then build my weekly meal plan based on weekly sales in my area... that way, I'm not planning a bunch of meals that require chicken if chicken isn't on sale, unless I've already got some freezer meals ready to go. Some people prefer to have the work done for them, and it's awesome if that works for you, I'm just not someone who can give up that much control! Drizzling olive oil over your veggies definitely counts as fat (think about about a thumb's worth when doing that). When you can use avocado in place of nuts, I would do so, maybe even mixing it in with something else to change the flavor/texture if that helps you guys eat it. I actually hated avocado in any form prior to my first Whole30 round, and by the end of it I was eating half an avocado with at least one meal each day; I do still prefer it when it's in bites of other stuff, but I don't abhor it like I did at first. Bananas are certainly the go-to for potassium, but not necessarily the only option... and quite a few on the list in that article are very much Whole30-compliant. You'd obviously have to avoid the beans but hopefully that'll help you find some good ways to include more potassium in your diet without having to rely on a fruit you don't particularly enjoy. No more thoughts from me for now... it's time to go start dinner.
  1. Load more activity