All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lorna from Canada

First day of 1st whole 30 today! 4-22!

Welcome Rachel! Hubs and I did our first W30 together in January. It truly is life challenging.
  3. Today
  4. Grace A

Need to do this !

We can all fall back into old habits. It's great you have the tools to with Whole30 to get back on track!
  5. ShannonM816

This looks delicious

It would be like any other fruit juice, it's compliant, but we don't recommend drinking a lot of juice. Maybe have a splash in some water or sparkling water to be more in keeping with the recommendations.
  6. Yesterday
  7. I know the rules about fruit juices buuuut I found this at Hannaford and I can't help but ask.. Can I have this?
  8. Tina Marie

Need to do this !

I have done a bunch of W30's. The first was the best ! All the rest were just a reset. NOW this time is going to be a partial because I am going on vacation in May for a few days - and I am not going to ask my Hostess to do anything different than she would normally do. She is not well, and I am there to be a help - and enjoy our time together - not stressing about food/alcohol . When I return - then it will be a full blown 30. I have not weighed myself- can't bring myself to do it, I KNOW I am retaining a ton of water- none of my dress pants fit. I'm upset with my self that I have let - i'm guessing 20 lbs to creep back on. It is entirely my fault. I am the one who can say no when my friends bake casseroles with a ton of dairy products, or make yummy cakes (although I do prefer chips/dip) or want to go out for dinner - and eat all those chips that are brought out first. So today was D1. Not the perfect w30- cuz I did snack - because of stress. and I really am not prepared with veggies, M1 was 2 fried eggs, m2 was a salad w/ a chicken patty for the protein - not a good choice - but the only protein I have available. M3 - no clue, probably another salad. or maybe a hash - I have found some white sweet potatoes that are suppose to be pretty good I am making this post a priority - I am an emotional eater - I need somewhere to go - to yack all those emotions - instead of eating or drinking them
  9. This product is fine. If the ingredients are compliant we dont worry about the nutritional panel. The added sugars are likely referring to the pineapple juice but that is fine as an ingredient in a sauce.
  10. ladyshanny

Edit posts?

Hi there, the post you're referring to is an archived topic which is not editable. Links change, people tend to understand that, they can probably just Google your product and get current results.
  11. SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat doing the thing diary!

Peace, Lorna! I hope you had a great weekend! I ate ALL the non-compliant things, ugh I feel awful. Hands are all puffy, and I have heartburn. Back to compliant now, until we go to Bali.
  12. Someone please help... I have the classic bbq sauce by Noble Made by The New Primal, and it does have a whole30 approved stamp on it... yet, in the ingredient list it says it has 5g sugar, 4g of those being added sugars. Seems contradictory?
  13. Welcome Sandy! You've got this. It's only 30 days of one meal at a time!
  14. True Primal

Ketchup?

Yeah I want one of those logos. ;-)
  15. Grace A

Ketchup?

Primal Kitchen ketchup is indeed compliant. You always know you are safe if the Whole30 logo is on a product!
  16. Grace A

Edit posts?

Thanks for letting us know. I'll get this over to our team to correct!
  17. ShannonM816

Yellowbird Hot Sauces

These are fine.
  18. dontgetsad

Yellowbird Hot Sauces

From what i can tell, they are compliant (except for the one with agave) as they are sweetened with dates and fruit juice (like tessemae's), but I always like to double check! The ingredients are: Sriracha: Organic Jalapeño, Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Organic Dates, Organic Raisins, Salt, Organic Tangerine Juice Concentrate, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate Serrano: Organic Serrano Peppers, Organic Cucumbers, Organic Onions, Organic Carrots, Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Salt, Organic Dates, Organic Raisins, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate Thanks!
  19. True Primal

Ketchup?

This one seems Whole30. In fact it has the Whole30 logo on the label: https://www.primalkitchen.com/products/organic-unsweetened-ketchup
  20. True Primal

Edit posts?

The /topic/31642-any-paleo-whole-30-compliant-canned-soups/?tab=comments#comment-391375 post contains what is now a broken link to an old product version image. I was looking for a way to edit it to remove the image link, but can't find anything. Is there a way? Alternatively deleting that comment would be fine.
  21. Proud of you for taking the next step! We can't wait to hear about your progress!
  22. You can totally do this! Take it one meal at a time and remind yourself why you're doing it!
  23. ladyshanny

Not feeling the expected effects

It's impossible to say if the ingredients in your medicine are affecting your reset. You have had results though so you can say that something is changing. The fact that chronic pain hasn't changed and is still affecting your sleep is not unusual. 22 days of eating protein, veggies and fat is unlikely to make a significant difference in serious pain conditions. Often inflammation is reduced over the 30 days which can help with some pain but it also very often takes longer and we find people that do have pain serious enough to disrupt sleep may need longer on the program. It's also possible that your pain isn't completely based in inflammation or auto-immune and if that's the case then Whole30 may not have a completely healing effect. If I were you I would keep at it, your clothes are fitting better and you are having some increased energy so you're heading in the right direction.
  24. ladyshanny

Fresh butchered pig

You'd want to check with the farm you bought the meat from. Smoking in general is fine but they will often cure the meat first and that usually involves sugar.
  25. Rawrsala

Starting April 15

Hi all! I spoke way too son yesterday! I ended up having horrible flu-like symptoms. I stuck with it and i feel better today, but has anyone else had these? Happy day 8!
  26. Kimberly Hendershot

Fresh butchered pig

Hello I am brand new to Whole30 (Day 1). My husband recently purchased a half a pig. We just received it however I am uncertain if there is sugar or nitrates in any of the packages. They are just simply labeled "smoked bacon", or "breakfast links" etc. Does anyone know if smoking in general contains any whole30 no no's??? Thank You Kim H
  27. I feel so special that your husband said hi! Ugh, fruit flies are such a pain! Every now and then some will hatch in our collection pail that's in the kitchen. I just dump it into the compost bin and don't give it a second thought. I guess we've been lucky that we've never had a problem. Maybe add more brown material since the green stuff is what attracts them? I saw a tip about burying your veg scraps under the compost or under brown material to hide it from them. One person suggested wrapping the scraps in butcher paper or newspaper. Maybe that would work until the current crop of them have all hatched and flown away. The picking party and the food was a huge success but I feel like I've been though a storm. I walked 13K steps on Saturday! The weather was awful until mid afternoon but then it cleared up and we had a beautiful (but quite cool) night and a gorgeous full moon. We had our old tent set up there so we could just spend the night and we've decided that the time has come to retire it. It's 14 years old and it's been well used and well loved but it's worn out. It's a big, giant Kelty and their customer service is great; a couple of years ago they patched it up and re-waterproofed the seams but it still leaks and it's saggy and drippy. We have a newer one and like it but the old one has a giant vestibule that's really convenient in cruddy weather. My meals were crazy erratic all weekend and, of all things, I had a still-warm-from-the-oven nutella-stuffed croissant yesterday morning. It was a small one but still... So I'm feeling a little puffy but also feeling a little slimmer at the same time. Maybe the extra steps and hard work offset some of the off-roading I did. I'm very glad I had the foresight to have a breakfast and lunch prepared for today but now I need to go home and figure out what to do for the rest of the week. What I really want to do is curl up on the sofa with a kitty and rest up. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
  1. Load more activity