ideas to get me stocked and back on track

So the last two to three weeks I have been way offroading. It is mostly chocolate and beer (which if I could limit it to those two things I would be fine) but I found that I'm veering down a terrible road and feel gross and bloated and have gained a few pounds.

My problem? I'm a teacher and last two weeks (finals) have been crazy so I let that derail me. But my real problem is I have been lazy about having things ready. So, this morning I made mayo, clarified butter, a double batch of chocolate chili, and grilled chicken.

I tend to eat a lot of grilled chicken (recently grilled wings and they were DIVINE). Having the mayo means that I can whip up tuna salad quickly.

I am looking for a few more recipes to prepare tomorrow to keep me on track. Anything you love that I could do a double batch and freeze??

Pot roast in the crock pot

Chocolate chili from Well Fed (I also do this in the crock pot)

I keep on hand: big bags of spinach and a container of roasted sweet potatoes.

Then I can wilt some spinach, heat it up with some meat and some sweet potato, add an avocado or some olives, bam, dinner. I'm a teacher too and my semester just ended and though I stayed compliant to my current Whole60 it was ridiculously crazy. The benefit is that I don't feel like I need to lie on the floor under my bed for a month to recover.

Even if you just do a WholeX to take you to the last day of school, and even if it's insane and the dishes pile up (I rinsed mine but didn't wash them regularly, just caught up last night after - oh, a couple of weeks :ph34r: ), it makes the end of the semester less of a panic attack. Or maybe it takes it down from heart attack to panic attack. :lol: Or something. :D Seriously, go for it. Totally worth it.

I need to use my crock pot. I have a pressure cooker too. I think I will cook some sweet potatoes today. I keep bags of spinach and kale always. Just feeling uninspired in the protein department. I opened some compliant chicken sausages and they were rancid and I haven't had an appetite since for such. I need to just buy some compliant jerky too. Thanks!!

I have been really enjoying frittatas for dinner (peppers,onions, mushrooms and spinach) with wholly guacamole on top, and a salad on the side

Cook once eat 4 times!

Johnny's meatloaf is also amazing and GINORMOUS!!! ( and really good cold on a big salad), and craftycarnivore posted a recipe in recipe sharing for babyback ribs that made me see heaven...( i made bbq sauce with cranberries, Chipotle and johnny's ketchup recipe) but ...aim to not be home while they are cooking... Because the smell and waaaaiting is TORTURE!

Chicken and apple sausages with caremelized onions and peppers are fast, easy and very tasty. (They have mini sausages now too, which is great for mini meals) and EVERY recipe in well fed is well seasoned and delicious! !

I second Krista's suggestion re: ground meats. I also suggest nomnompaleo's Slow Cooker Kalua Pig. It makes a ton (you can throw some in the freezer too), and it is delicious! You could also try one of the numerous recipes for a whole chicken in a crock pot. The chicken doesn't look pretty because the skin doesn't crisp up, but the meat is moist and yummy. Plus - and this is key - slow cooker Kalua Pig and whole chickens make for easy, hands-off cooking.

Archived