Miss Sassy Pants on the Road to Health

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I reached the end of my 30 days and felt very accomplished. I have a list of things that have changed for me. Unfortunately, my scale obsession hasn't. I lost 12 pounds and that's a great number. Somehow however, I felt disappointed when I saw the number. I immediately began to make a list of things i could have done better. I'm not sure if I would have been happy with any number on the scale honestly. Not good. There is however good news.....it didn't stop me from continuing on and I didn't use food to comfort myself. 12 pounds is a loss most people would love to see and I do know that. The emotional side of food addiction (yes, I think it's an addiction and yes i know many people would disagree and no I don't care what they think) is so powerful that i don't know if I'll ever get over it. I think it will be more like a goal to manage it. Not comforting myself with food or stress eating have been two huge steps in the right direction over the past 30 days. 12 pounds is just the outward, visible reward for managing that addictive behavior.

What's next? I'm saying bye bye to 12 pounds of fat and moving on down the road to continue my journey to a new, healthy version of myself. Okay, I did give my scale the finger as I moved past it but when you're trying to get somewhere and you've got one slow moving obstacle, it just feels good to let that bird fly for a second!

You're just as hard on yourself as I am on myself! 12 pounds is 3 pounds a week, after all, and I doubt it's really healthy to lose weight faster than that.

Not comforting yourself with food and avoiding stress eatings are absolutely huge steps. Huge! Maybe you can focus on that, and the other changes.  I like the idea of giving the scale the bird. You might just throw it down the stairs ;)

Thanks ladies. I do understand that 12 pounds is amazing. It was really just a moment I had but I managed to move past it. So mad props to me for that number! 3 pounds a week, YES! Shelda you're correct! I didn't even really do that math for crying out loud. That is more than enough to drop in one month! Today I'm rewarding myself with a trip to the salon to get a wash and style. There is just something about someone else washing your hair that is super relaxing.

Like I've said before, for me, the food is the easy part. I love to eat and this has been incredible for me. I need to focus on the positive changes and not the stupid number. This is a lifetime of bad health I'm changing. It didn't occur to me until this morning (reading your posts), that I _____ing rocked this! Someday I'll look back on my struggle with a 12 pound loss and think "I was really whacked hard with the stupid stick that day. Thank goodness those ladies pointed it out!"

Archived