Whole 30/45 - Sorry, long post - amazing results

So technically I did 43 days. I originally set out to do 30, then thought to do 60 but to many things are coming up that will make it next to impossible to stay 100% compliant all summer. I feel though I have got more than I could have hoped for from the 43 days then I could imagine. I started the whole 30 as I heard by word of mouth all the benefits it could have, plus I have been yo-yo-ing on about 5 different diet/lifestyles for years with no lasting success. When I was 24 years old I was 175lbs and 8% body fat. My profile picture is a reflection of that and has been serving as motivation. Over the course of the next 10 years I would have put on 60lbs, become lethargic, lazy and totally addicted to food. A big reason for this would be that to see the result of 175lbs and 8% body fat I was working out 2 times a day and eating a very caloric restrictive diet based on conventional body building wisdom. That lifestyle is by no means healthy or at all maintainable. When I finally decided I wanted to let up a little and enjoy life, I WENT OVERBOARD! 43 days ago I weighed 235lbs and my body fat was almost 30%, all in 10 years. Sure I could blame settling down and getting married, having a baby, having a desk job, life, the dog ate my homework, etc! ALL EXCUSES! I chose the food, quantities & to be lazy! I should mention my wife's work was running a program and offered free bod pod testing to all employees and spouse so my numbers are very very accurate. The testing took place per dates I could pick as long as they were at least 30 days, so I picked dates to coincide with my 43 days. So 43 days ago 235lbs and 30% body fat, as of yesterday I am 205lbs and about 18% body fat, still not my ultimate goal but amazing. I also maintained every ounce of lean mass, meaning I did not lose a single pound of muscle. As amazing as this is even crazier is that I traveled 900 miles for a weekend and 900 miles for a week for special occasions during the 43 days. Both times I was able to stay 100% compliant but with the travel, buying a new home and general busy life I was only able to work out maybe a handful of times during the 43 days. So to recap, I lost 30lbs, 12% body fat and barely worked out. I stayed extremely true to the template and paid very close attention to ISWF for all tips and details. I love this lifestyle and outside of the weight I have found a multitude of benefits that are even more of a reason to maintain these new habits. Although I slept poorly do to a number of real life reasons during this, I still found consistent and slightly heightened energy. I also am about a million times less gassy (my wife thanks you). I do not feel lazy or lethargic. My skin was already good but it has gotten little better. One of the most amazing things for me though is that over the course of becoming lazy and extremely over weight I started to develop fatty lipomas all over my body. They are genetic and familial, my father also has them. There is no threat to my health from them except that they look unsightly and can hurt if they are on a nerve or tender area. I talked to several doctors about them and they said the only way to get rid of them is through surgery and having them cut out. Since they are non-threatening and do not develop into cancer or anything they are considered cosmetic and not covered by insurance. Between the lack of a health threat and cost of money, I have just been living with these pea to walnut size lumps on my arms, legs and abdomen. I should also mention that I have about 50 of them. During the course of my whole 43 I didn't notice until almost the end, but they are all gone or so small that they are not noticeable anymore. Conclusion – toxic wear on my body through poor treatment and horrible food choices created an improper storage of fatty tumors that were created by artificial foods in my diet and over consumption of them.

To some up, this has been an eye opener and I am starting my reintroduction today, simply to see how I feel out of curiosity because honestly…………Unless it is a “TRULY SPECIAL OCCASION†I don't miss any of the sugars, grains, legumes, dairy or artificial anything. I experimented with many cooking techniques, vegetable ideas and choices, fats, new meats, etc. I found more delicious options and variety within this “so called restrictive diet†then I was actually eating with everything available before. It works folks! Its amazing folks! Post reintroduction I plan to stay 100% compliant and live by the template for the rest of my days……minus those occasions I see fit to enjoy the “JUNKâ€, and believe me they will be the very rare exception and no longer the rule. Thank you Dallas & Melissa Hartwig for paving the way to a healthier lifestyle! I look forward to incorporating and tackling other aspects of the whole9.

PS do a workshop in Colorado!!!!! J

I found more delicious options and variety within this “so called restrictive diet†then I was actually eating with everything available before.

This was an amazing revelation to me, also. I have a backlog of recipes on my Pinterest boards still waiting to be tried, and I keep finding more to add to the list. I have never felt 'deprived', and every week adds a new eating adventure (or two).

• 3 weeks later...

This is amazing! May I use a portion of this on our Whole30 A-Z page? I know that others who have the same condition you did would love to hear that, for you, eating a healthy diet helped to minimize (dare I say eliminate?) this condition.

Thank you for sharing this with us. We'll do our best to get to Colorado with one of our seminar teams this year.

Best,

Melissa

This is amazing! May I use a portion of this on our Whole30 A-Z page? I know that others who have the same condition you did would love to hear that, for you, eating a healthy diet helped to minimize (dare I say eliminate?) this condition.

Thank you for sharing this with us. We'll do our best to get to Colorado with one of our seminar teams this year.

Best,

Melissa

Please feel free to use any portion of this. The whole30 has truly changed my entire relationship with food as well as my body composition. Thank you so much!!!!!

This is truly inspiring! I haven't start my 30 days yet and been taking time to understand the program and get a clear understanding of what is expected. You story has strengthened my will to make sure I stay completely true to the program once I start. 

So at the time of this post I was 205, today I weighed in at 187.5. Since this post I have enjoyed foods that are non-compliant occasionally and only during times it seemed special. All my lipomas are either gone or so insignificant that I can't see or feel them. I hate putting numbers on this lifestyle but if I were to, I would say I eat 90% compliant and enjoy junk/bad foods about 10% of the time. Still getting results and love the compliant lifestyle!!!!!! Seeing my Abs again and had to get an entirely new wardrobe.

Archived