ideas for summer lunches?

Our daughter is new to Whole30 program and is doing great. She is a summer camp counsler and will be taking day trips where she will be taking her lunch. When her group takes day trips, their lunches will be left on the bus. The lunch cooler bag that she has to take can't be big and has to be the size of a brown paper bag. We are working with her on coming up with some easy lunches that can she can take that would not get too hot on the bus. Any ideas?

Canned tuna, not that it'd be super tasty, would be a good option. Can also take some cut up bell peppers and a package of Wholly Guacamole (its compliant!) HB eggs would also be good (I'm assuming that she will be able to take a small cooler). I've also made good chicken salads & tuna salads, with diced HB eggs & avo and homemade mayo mixed in. Those are good with bell peppers and even on a bed of spinach.

If you're looking for portable and as low-maintenance as possible, a couple cans of tuna and a packet of wholly guac with bell peppers might be the best bet. But I'm still fairly new at this so more experienced folks might have more ideas. :)

If you don't mind her having applesauce, maybe you could freeze it at night and let it melt to keep her food cool? Or the plastic ice cubes in the summer sections of stores that are plastic and sealed so it wouldn't ruin a bag? I agree with the crudites (raw veg) with guac if she likes it. No mayo unless you have some kind of cold pack. Instead of a can of tuna, the pouches with olive oil are usually soy-free and easier for her to open. Finding a small source of cold will be key for her so you can send homemade meats and dips without worrying.

I have a friend who packs several slices of bacon in a bag for her snacks at work. It smells AMAZING.

We love chicken thighs wrapped in compliant bacon with a paprika,cinnamon & cumin spice blend in the middle. 40mins in the oven, delicious. We make a batch at the w/e & use them as snacks oif the children are hungry and sometimes as a quick meal if we need to.

Tuna cakes are yummy too, we put them with an egg to help it bind together & grill for a few minutes in coconut oil. Mix any spice you like.

Boiled eggs.

Chopped raw veggies & nut butter

Meatballs with pine nuts in them

Archived