LadyM's seduction continues (sur son propre velo)

LadyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Love that, Sara. Thank you!! A shift to thinking more widely about meditation may be exactly what I need. I so often fail to give myself credit for the things I'm actually doing. What If I'm meditating already?!?

Skipped more drinks last night (though enjoyed good company in a bar) after the terrible effects of that wine Monday night. A friend who works in the food industry suggested it might actually be the sanitizer restaurants use on dishes causing the effect. I don't know. But I'd never thought of that. The health dept. actually requires they don't rinse off these chemicals! Ugh. I so rarely eat out. I wonder if eating hormone disrupting sanitizer might be part of the reason some of us react so strongly to food not prepared in our own homes. 

Of course, it probably just was the alcohol. But that shows me how detoxed I am that two glasses of wine could have such a powerful effect. Though maybe vodka wouldn't have done it. Could be a reaction to the sulfites. Always so many variables. But the upshot is, I'm not interested in drinking anytime soon. . . . 

Also, I sat in a hot tub for an hour yesterday because I couldn't get warm. Dang shifting temps. But then I felt so dehydrated. Ended up eating half a watermelon! Talk about FWOB! And so much for limiting fruit. I'll do better today. . . . 

Feeling back on track and ready to seize the day!

• Moderators

Well, I ate the other half of the damn watermelon. Now I'm keeping them out of the house. I've said it before and I'll say it again: fruit is a FWOB for me and I need to be careful with it. Berries are best, not too many. But I'm keeping all fruit out of the house for a while and focusing my energy on vegetables.

Tried legumes again and definitely noticed increased toots, but nothing earth shattering. Grateful for small things. Legumes are officially on the green light list, but to be eaten relatively rarely.

Met a deadline and will focus on grading today. Would be lovely to finish ahead of time. Then maybe escape to the beach. Or elsewhere. Craving a little adventure, and I have a free evening to spend as I choose--yahoo!

• Moderators

I love that you're always a voice of moderation, Sara. For now I'll just keep it out of the house. I figure I've had my share for a few weeks. . . . :rolleyes:

Got the grading done and ended up taking a barre class last night. Turns out it was an excellent choice. I was thinking about going for froyo, but decided on a barre class instead. In much better service to my health and fat-loss goals. :D

In sitting with my restlessness yesterday I realized that procrastination makes me feel busy, important, and on a particular path. When I get things done ahead of time, I'm a little bit lost. So, that was a good bit of learning. I opted to stay home, clean, read, write, and ponder my patterns. I think this was useful.

Big graduation weekend. A big board meeting this morning, show and review tonight, awards meetings upstate tomorrow followed by parents meetings, graduation ceremony Sunday. I'll be ready for a big long summer break after that. Phew!

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Hi, friends! Anybody still around?

It's been a doozy of a summer. Not happy and light and carefree as I prefer, but full of deep thinking, hard work, and effort without tangible results.

But I'm hanging in there and considering joining the September Whole30. Who else is on board?

• Moderators

Hi Sara!

I will! I cancelled Internet at home so have been offline most of the summer. Back to work after Labor Day, so I'll get on it soon and will also check your log. Hope it's been a good summer for you and yours!

Archived