Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need ideas for something else besides water to drink. I drink water with a lemon or lime, but am finding I am wanting something else. I drink Rooibos tea in the evening and am waiting for my package of Crio Bru to come in the mail. Any suggestions welcome.

Pam

I make a pitcher of Celestial Seasonings tea and keep it in my fridge. Many of their flavors work well cold....I like Red Zinger, Lemon Zinger and Raspberry Zinger. Directions are on the box.

I need ideas for something else besides water to drink. I drink water with a lemon or lime, but am finding I am wanting something else. I drink Rooibos tea in the evening and am waiting for my package of Crio Bru to come in the mail. Any suggestions welcome.

Pam

Couple thoughts:

- Do you like sparkling water? I switch off between San Pellegrino and Perrier.

- Have you looked into kombucha? I had some yesterday for the first time: wasn't bad. http://synergydrinks.com/index.php/products#enlightened-kombucha/enlightened-kombucha-organic-raw-kombucha-citrus

If you like frittatas but don't want to make them every morning, I had success with this frittata recipe you bake in a 13x9 inch pan. I substituted coconut milk for the heavy cream and ghee for the butter: yum! I sliced it into 12 slices, so between me and my husband, we have breakfast for several days. http://www.epicuriou...Frittata-101499

I completely forgot about sparkling water Thanks so much.

trying to upload the form from the word document but so far I'm only finding options to upload pictures images or website addresses don't know how to upload a Word document will keep trying

if I can't do it I may have to email it to you

If you like frittatas but don't want to make them every morning, I had success with this frittata recipe you bake in a 13x9 inch pan. I substituted coconut milk for the heavy cream and ghee for the butter: yum! I sliced it into 12 slices, so between me and my husband, we have breakfast for several days. http://www.epicuriou...Frittata-101499

Sounds like another one ill have to try!

For breakfast, I sauté veggies and then pour beaten seasoned eggs over it all, and then put a lid on the frypan until the eggs are cooked. Changing the herbs and spices and the veggies keeps this from getting boring.

My new problem is not getting carried away with the amount of veggies! :lol:

Am I the only one experiencing cravings already? Sheesh! I thought I could at least make it through one day without them, but this afternoon I am hungry and feeling "snacky". I know we aren't supposed to eat between meals, but I may make an exception for the first couple days. I'm thinking almond butter on a sliced apple would stabilize my blood sugars and take the edge off my hunger and shaky feelings before dinner. Other than that it's been a great day so far! My best to everyone on Day 1!

Forget it. Even though I converted the word document to PDF it still won't take it as an attachment to upload here...and still wants websites images or pictures

sorry may just have to create it on your own or I can email it to you

Hello everyone! I started whole 30 today as well. I have the food - but haven't planned out the meals yet. I thought about waiting until Monday but I'm afraid if I do, I'll put it off for another reason. So far the missing soda and condiments has been killer on me. Surprised I'm not twitching as I type this. I look forward to getting to know everyone over the next month.

Kindest regards,

Tracy

Georgia Mom to 3 boys

Guest Srptskrts

Am I the only one experiencing cravings already? Sheesh! I thought I could at least make it through one day without them, but this afternoon I am hungry and feeling "snacky". I know we aren't supposed to eat between meals, but I may make an exception for the first couple days. I'm thinking almond butter on a sliced apple would stabilize my blood sugars and take the edge off my hunger and shaky feelings before dinner. Other than that it's been a great day so far! My best to everyone on Day 1!

Hello McFly - no, you are not the only one :) The shaky feeling isn't good, so by all means snack-Whole30 is to nourish.

Figuring out what to drink has been a challenge for me, too. I'm usually drinking lots of decaf coffee, but I decided to eliminate that for the month to see if I can kick that habit. I'm tired! Even the trace caffeine most have been doing something.

I found a carton of single serving coconut waters at Costco today and I'm excited to ration those out. Drank some nice roasted dandelion tea this morning. And lots of seltzer! I also love kombucha and the cafe where I work just started carrying it, so that will be my go to treat when I am dying for coffee.

Thanks so much for setting this thread up. I'm going to create a personal log and I posted a longer introduction in the "Join the Whole 30" thread that Mrsfrosty started (thank again, Mrsfrosty!). I look forward to hearing about all of your experiences. Today was a good day (and crazy delicious), but I'm wiped from heat, food shopping and no coffee. Excited to fall asleep super early. Getting better sleep is an ongoing goal for me, so early bed sounds like a good way to start.

I averted my lunch crisis as well! Canned chicken, chopped celery, sliced almonds, cranberries, sea salt, pepper, and coconut oil made a decent chicken salad. Haven't made any of the olive oil mayo, that's why I used the coconut oil. Tastes pretty good, thankfully I'm not a super picky eater. I'll eat some baby carrots to get more veggies in.

So I found that canned chicken has preservatives and the cranberries (at least the one's in my cabinet) have sugar added to them. I went to the store today and spent about an hour just looking at labels and wow! Everything has either sulfates or sugar. I never knew that most balsamic vinegar has lead! I also found that all my dressings even the organic oil and vinegar ones add sugar too. What an eye opener. Granted, the amount of sugar I was eating a week ago is insane, but to do this 30 days right, we should eliminate it all correct?

Don't feed the cravings with sugar. You should have another small meal and add a sweet potatoe if you need the carbs.

Guest Srptskrts

So I found that canned chicken has preservatives and the cranberries (at least the one's in my cabinet) have sugar added to them. I went to the store today and spent about an hour just looking at labels and wow! Everything has either sulfates or sugar. I never knew that most balsamic vinegar has lead! I also found that all my dressings even the organic oil and vinegar ones add sugar too. What an eye opener. Granted, the amount of sugar I was eating a week ago is insane, but to do this 30 days right, we should eliminate it all correct?

Hello hikerbrat,

Yes, to do the Whole 30 as intended, one must abstain from all sugar, no matter how far down on the ingredient list or how few grams. Label reading is a must as even standard table salt has dextrose added to it. Check your nutritional supplements as well.

I make tea with no sugar and keep it in the fridge. I also buy green tea in the jug from WF and I buy La Croix sparkling water from the grocer, Target, etc. haven't tried the Kumbachi yet because of the price.

I also introduced myself in other forum, so wanted to say hi to everyone else. I'm excited to be with all of you. I've been slowly reducing sugar and processed foods from my diet all week and am surprised to drop 5 lbs! I guess I really was holding on to water and bloating from all the junk. Today is official day one, and although we have a refrigerator full of fruits and veggies, I was not prepared for protein at lunch time. That was hard and frustrating. I was going to make a chicken salad (substitute mayo with balsamic vinegar), but was surprised that my canned chicken has sulfates and preservatives. Ran to the store and grabbed no preservative, no hormone turkey from our deli - sure it must have something in it, but no way to tell and I was really hungry. I ate a huge salad with it. Where is everyone finding Ghee? Our market which carries tons of organic, doesn't have it. I looked at trader joes yesterday and couldn't find it there either.

Yeah, no added sugar of any kind when doing a Whole30 and when doing Paleo only raw honey and pure maple syrup. It is very easy to make your own dressings. Vinegar, seasonings and olive oil. Practical Paleo has some recipes and you can google others.

Can I sneak into the group? I actually started May 31 so I'm on day 2. I had enough legal stuff for day 1 so I just went shopping. Boy oh boy, reading labels is an education. I got the coconut aminos BTW and they are really good. I usually live on Ponzu and soy sauce as I eat a lot of asian type foods, and I really couldn't tell much of a difference on turkey burgers with shichimi togarashi spice...good asian fix. Would be even better with cauliflower rice.

Looking forward to our journey,

Lynne

Pam

My daughter turned me on to water with cucumber, mint and a splash of lemon juice. Made a quart pitcher with 3 thin slices cucumber, 2 sprigs mint and 1/2 lemon. It is very refreshing. She says it will vary to taste more like cucumbers or mint depending on quantity of each. YMMV

Lynne

Lots of great ideas on this thread. For drinking i do soda water with a dash of lemon juice. I'm in Australia, but starting today on the 2/6 so I'm only a few hours in and going ok so far...... : )

I do have lots of snacks on hand (nuts basically) for if i feel the need for something sugary in the afternoon. My idea is no snacking is best, but some nuts should get me through until my body gets off the sugar wagon. I'll be interested to see how the rest of you cope with the 4pm slump.

Day 1 a success. i am posting my food log in it's own spot in the food log section.

I discovered PaleoOMG's website today and I love it. you can save recipes, plan your meals for the week and print a shopping list :wub: .

I just realized that my calms has Stevia in it, so on day 18, I am starting over.

I Don't feel that it was my choice, just my ignorance.

It's my fault I didn't read labels.

What I am not doing is bingeing because of a mistake. I thought I would do 45 days anyway, so I am continuing this journey with this bump.

This time, I'll be part of a team!

Archived