Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely identified two of my psychological triggers today. Doing well over all and then at 4:00 like Pavlov's dog, I thought "Hmmm, chocolate would be nice." Wasn't hungry. Then at 6:30, home from work- getting dinner ready, making sure one son was ready for Scouts, and trying to keep the other two occupied- I started to fall apart. Looked in the fridge and saw cheesecake. I resisted using some fruit until dinner was ready. So still on plan. And now better aware of trigger points for me.

And I also felt sick this am. I had taken Tylenol for the killer headache that I couldn't shake. Blech! Made me sick to my stomach. No more for me.

Eats for Day Three:

**Leftover cold sausage, blueberries

**Grapes, two grilled hotdogs with mustard (now officially tired of sausage for now), baby carrots, bite of watermelon

**Handful of dry roasted Macadamia nuts, a little cowboy jerky

**Couple spoonfuls coconut butter, small apricot, vanilla rooibus tea, some pistachios

**Leftover lamb/beef burger, steamed broccoli, homemade mayo, handful coconut flakes

I ate the last of the coconut butter and will not buy more.  I will also not buy almond or sunflower nut butter this time around... I tend to eat too much of those.  Looking at today it looks like a lot of snacking... it's only Day 3 so I'm going easy on myself.  My trigger times are from after school (2 00) until dinner time (usually around 6 30.)  Also using coconut flakes as dessert so I will not be replacing those when they are dust.

Still no formal exercise, but I teach Kindergarten so you can bet I'm moving plenty.  Feeling pretty good overall.

I didn't see this thread when I started! I guess being down in the bottom of the world I'm a bit ahead time-wise anyway.

2/3 meals for day four down! This is my first day at work since starting whole30 - on a side note, I feel like I've constantly been peeing since I started this thing. The loo is across the other side of the office to me and I feel kind of conspicuous getting up to go every hour.

Had some leftover stuffed butternut squash and two eggs for brekky. Lunch was pumpkin and beef chili from the freezer, with a diced avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, s&p and a carrot. Dinner will be a chicken curry (stretched to three servings so I can have it again for lunch tomorrow) made with coconut cream and the rest of the leftover stuffed squash. Going to make up some roast veg for dinner tomorrow night too (balsamic caramelised beetroot, and roast carrot & parsnip mashed with ghee), the more done in advance the better J

I feel like I could use some more fat  in my breakfast. Since I can't find compliant bacon or sausage anywhere so far, I'm thinking lamb chops for breakfast for the next couple of days. Why the heck not!

Yesterday and the night before I noticed I was feeling pretty dizzy/shaky at different parts of the day. Coffee seems to help so I'm thinking low blood pressure?

Hi everyone...took me a while to read all the posts from today!

Day 3.

Tired today. Was going to go to a Zumba class after work but too tired. Decided to just relax and be kind to my body and perhaps work out every other day this week.

Trying not to have fruit too often. Noticed with this switch to 3 meals no snacks....starving and cannot wait til lunch (: breakfast was at 6:15, lunch at noon, dinner at 6....then sadly I'm done...NO MORE FOOD...just water. Tummy actually growling before meals.

Feels good, though...no cravings thus far. No headache today. Got major projects done at work...yay. Relationship with scale easing up...didn't stare at the area in the bathroom where the scale normally lives...moved on with my life.

Today's meals:

M1-burger, olive oil, avocado, blueberries, sweet potato, coffee w/coconut milk

M2-baby spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, Paleo jerk chicken, water

M3-zucchini boats, sweet potato and yam, hard boiled eggs

Day 3 done.....clicking the link on whole30 daily....WOOO hooooooo,

Kelly

On a side note, is anyone else less hungry today? I'm like "eh... food."

My appetite is all but gone, started at dinner time yesterday. Eating breakfast went ok today; lunch and dinner were a hard struggle.

Just finished meal-planning for the next week and tried to pick things I know I always like, nothing with unfamiliar flavours.

Day 3. Wow. I really screwed up today, but learned a lot. Planned on going to the gym at 8 but didn't go until 10. I had a coconut water post workout and when i got home my blood sugar was 155 and I was weak, shaking and starving. It took breakfast and 2 hours to feel better. And my meal timing was screwed up all day.

No more late breakfasts or coconut water for me!

For drink ideas: I have my fridge filled with flavored waters. I fill a big glass jar with water and add foods herbs at night then drink them the next day. Watermelon and mint, cucumber and lemon, raspberries and rosemary. Check pintrest for ideas.

Good morning June group!! You guys are rocking it. This is my 3rd whole30 challenge... all of your symptoms are normal! Just take it one day at a time. It is so worth it. Just think you are putting nothing into your body that is unhealthy. That in its self is huge changes from before. Before doing my first w30 I thought I was pretty healthy but now I know I am!!! I love all the meal ideas. When I workout in the morning I usually eat half a banana & 1 egg fried in coconut oil. Then eat my normal breakfast after! I don't seem to have the light headed problem then. I will be going out of town on June 12 for 5 and a half weeks. It will be a true test for me to see if I have actually made lifestyle changes or not. So I wont be posting after that!!

How does an egg fried in coconut oil taste? I dislike the flavor and smell of coconut but am trying to make this coconut oil thing happen. I used it for the chocolate chili last night and it was fine. Would the egg taste coconut-y?

Woke up today super moody and teary, for no good reason. Made avocado deviled eggs last night to have for breakfasts but forgot the lime juice and the sight of all those eggs covered in browned stuff made me very weepy. Carb flu?

Did the chocolate chili on top of fried green plantains - super delicious.

Woke up today super moody and teary, for no good reason.

That was me yesterday. Intense! Today I am more like a snap turtle.

I also had food meh this morning. Forced myself to eat and feel definitely better for it.

Strange things are happening... in a good way.  My vision seems to be clearing up, I'm more alert and I've got pep in my step at the gym.  My energy levels are very steady through the day too. PLUS I'm not ravenous for food like I was when I was doing Weight Watchers.  I was going from one sugar-high to the next and I felt like I was a zombie all day.  I FEEL GREAT!  I can't wait to see what the next 26 days look like!

Have an amazing day everyone!

Morning! Day 4 for me. Feeling a bit better so far today, despite feeling "heavy". Today will be challenging since I'll be in the car driving to patients homes all day. Planning ahead with turkey wraps and fruit.

Best breakfast yet- hashed sweet potato cooked in coconut oil with warm cinnamon apples and scrambled eggs, all mixed up in bowl :)

Good morning!! Today I woke up feeling tired. Not a good way to start out a work day. Not sure why I am feeling this way. It may be because I do have to go to work and it is a 10 hour shift (I am an RN).  

I will be packing my lunch, which is left over Chili (Well Fed recipe) a spinach salad topped with avocado and a splash of balsamic/olive oil dressing. I might throw a couple kalamata olives on it too. 
Yesterday all my meals were compliant with Whole 30. I started with scrambled eggs, sweet potato and blueberries. Meal 2- turkey, spinach salad w/balsamic/olive oil dressing, and monkey salad. Meal 3- Chili, spinach salad (I LOVE spinach) and mixed nuts of almonds/macadamias cashews.

I had class last night which is a 4 hour class, I thought I would get hungry as in the past I have, but I was fine. Everyone else in class at break had bags of potato chips, cookies, etc....  I took plenty of water to drink and it seems if I stay well hydrated it keeps the feelings of hunger at bay. 

Rotten sleep for me last night, which is very unusual for me during a W30.  What I'm finding interesting is how different each W30 can be.  I'm sure it relates to how I am eating prior to a W30, but I haven't quite figured out what is causing what.  I was 95% paleo coming in to this W30, with the majority of my non-compliant things being wine and dairy.  And this round I feel the closest to "carb flu" as I ever have-headache, bad mood, poor sleep.  Usually I have no problem early on.  This may be telling me something about dairy?  (I REFUSE to believe it has anything to do with wine.)

Happy Day 4 everyone!

Yesterday I was so snacky even after having an extra small meal. I realized I was just craving the nuts and figs in my cabinet. They are gone now and I won't be replacing when I shop this week. One thing I love about eating this way is that I sleep amazing at night and wake up with energy. Felt that way with my first whole30 too. I need to remember the feeling so I don't stray.

Guest Srptskrts

How does an egg fried in coconut oil taste? I dislike the flavor and smell of coconut but am trying to make this coconut oil thing happen. I used it for the chocolate chili last night and it was fine. Would the egg taste coconut-y?

Woke up today super moody and teary, for no good reason. Made avocado deviled eggs last night to have for breakfasts but forgot the lime juice and the sight of all those eggs covered in browned stuff made me very weepy. Carb flu?

Did the chocolate chili on top of fried green plantains - super delicious.

Hello delvallex- 

I fry my eggs in coconut oil and do not even notice the taste. I would say it is ultimately dependent upon the brand of coconut oil though as some have a stronger flavor than others.

Take care

Guest Srptskrts

Rotten sleep for me last night, which is very unusual for me during a W30.  What I'm finding interesting is how different each W30 can be.  I'm sure it relates to how I am eating prior to a W30, but I haven't quite figured out what is causing what.  I was 95% paleo coming in to this W30, with the majority of my non-compliant things being wine and dairy.  And this round I feel the closest to "carb flu" as I ever have-headache, bad mood, poor sleep.  Usually I have no problem early on.  This may be telling me something about dairy?  (I REFUSE to believe it has anything to do with wine.)

Happy Day 4 everyone!

megmac - absolutely NOT the wine :-)

Hello everybody, 

So I've been eating good, and enjoying all the new recipes.  But last night made a BIG mistake.....  Saw the blood donation bus and went in as I always do.... Well.....  After donating blood they ussually give you soda or juice  to replenish your blood sugar, I took water to be good with my W30... well.... after 30 minutes I almost passed out, had to lay down on the supermarket floor...  Ppl wanted me to have OJ, or cookies, even that I was feeling super weak I said no and asked for a banana.  So seems like we shoudl not donate blood while on W30 in case someone else tries it.. or have a fruit with you and eat it right away.  Besides that Im feeling pretty good :)

Hi all,

Having an off day today. I guess my day 3 woes have decided to be my day 4 woes. Got up at 6am and did 8 mile. Got home and had breakfast. Sweet potato pancakes with mixed berries. I had an apple around 11am. At 2 I had lunch chicken salad with curried mayo and raisins. Just now I'm being driven mad with cravings, so I've had an orange and a leftover burger. Dinner will be a chicken stirfry.

I've been thinking ahead about Fathers day and what to do. Eating out on big days is not my idea of fun, the menus tend to be set and coeliac catering tends to go as far as a crap salad for starter, dry meat for mains, and fruit salad for dessert. So I have arranged for the Parents on both sides to come to me for Sunday lunch. I don't know if ye have a different day but its on 16 June in Ireland.

Do you know what, I'm tired and could do with a nap, but its too late now. Right the cravings have subsided so I'm off to plant some flowers.

I'll check in later no doubt as its hard to type and eat at the same time lol. My books didn't arrive today either quick I'm miffed about.

Day 4 woo! Almost day 5...the hardest day for me typically is day 5 - I made all my previous slips on this day before! So just gotta POWER THROUGH these next few days!

I got hardly any sleep last night and feeling it today, bad! Not necessarily whole30 related - I've got a lot going on at the moment (job interviews, wedding planning, moving to a new city...) so was awake thinking about all of that! But upping my carbs today in the form of sweet potatoes as I know from past experiences (both being paleo and doing whole30s) that when my carbs are really low I have trouble sleeping even when taking magnesium at night.

Not feeling very hungry at all - had a protein and fat laden breakfast of eggs and chicken sausages with evoo, but just tiredddddd urgh! No cravings yet... although I think I'm just so motivated this time that NOTHING will tempt or stop me lol.

I already feel less bloated....

And went for a nice run last night but it was a casual one with a lot of walking thrown in! Still felt great to stretch my legs and be outside for a while :)

Good luck for Day 4 everyone!

Good Day!  This is my first Whole30 and it has been going pretty well so far. I workout at Crossfit each morning at 6am and I haven't noticed any change in my energy. Before Whole30, I always ate some oatmeal before I worked out but I have been just sticking with an apple before and a full breakfast afterwards. My meals have been great so far but I haven't got anything planned beyond today. I have been cooking enough for supper each night so that I have lunch taken care of the next day. I have been cooking a lot of sweet potatoes and storing them away to have with my meals. I've had hunger pains but it's usually between breakfast and lunch and after 8pm.  I usually have a couple pieces of beef jerky around 10:30-11am just to hold me over to lunch at around 12:30pm. I just ignore the hunger at night and drink lots of water before bed...although, I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee - I hate that!

As I'm writing this, it's only been about 1hr since lunch and I am already starting to feel hungry. I ate left over roast, carrots and sweet potatoes. Although, I didn't have much left of the roast or sweet potatoes. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat enough - I'll have to have some beef jerky and some almonds this afternoon.

The daily newsletters have been awesome and I feel my self-efficacy is very high right now...I'm determined to get through the 30 days!  I love reading the posts and am learning a lot!

Thanks!!

Kevin

I'm jumping into this group, I'm actually on my Day 8 (started May 28th) and am starting to feel better and level out my moodiness and energy.  I definitely have days like those on here have mentioned where I would almost rather not eat than figure out what to eat and then prepare it.  On Day 5, I was so grossed out at the thought of chicken or tuna with guacamole, so I threw together something completely random, but at least it helped me past that point.  Went with ground turkey, onions and squash and then added in some tomato sauce..kind of like an italian bake :)  

I wanted this week to be more about fixing meals instead of just putting items together to fill a plate, but I am not quite there yet.  I did buy the book "Well Fed" and it looks great, but between nuttiness and work and with the kids schedules it hasn't quite happened.  Hoping I can get to it and do a food prep this weekend!

Archived