Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

Eats for Day 17:

**ground beef cooked in salsa and spinach, baked sweet potato fries, blueberries

**a few spoonfuls of dd's fruit smoothie (mango, banana, strawberries, lemon)

**quart of passion fruit tea, an apricot

**two ground beef patties, sweet potato fries, roasted broccoli, mayonnaise

Back to low energy. Not a very productive day... made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with dd and was sorely tempted by them, probably triggered by the smoothie, which was delicious! Puttered around, did a little laundry and housework, not very motivated beyond trolling Pinterest. A lot of good Whole 30 stuff on there!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to low energy. Not a very productive day... made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with dd and was sorely tempted by them, probably triggered by the smoothie, which was delicious! Puttered around, did a little laundry and housework, not very motivated beyond trolling Pinterest. A lot of good Whole 30 stuff on there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watch out on Pinterest and other places on the web. Many recipes labeled Whole30 have non-compliant ingredients, so view each ingredient list with a critical eye.

Day 21 for me. Day 3 waking up with a sore throat. Keep hoping it just goes away (concerned that any medicine I would take would have sugar or other nasties in it). Energy level was low yesterday, so I just took it easy. Drank tons of water, and a cup of tea to try to help my throat.

Feeling slightly better this morning - headed to the gym shortly with the intention for an hour of cardio: 30 min on the treadmill and 30 min on the elliptical. Just had breakfast of roasted vegetable frittata and decaf coffee with ghee and coconut oil.

Maybe I'll try heating up some chicken broth later if this sore throat keeps up?  Other suggestions welcome.

Day 18! Feeling a little more energy today. I had a good sleep last night and got up early to go to Crossfit. I ate some sweet potatoes pre-workout and had some eggs, sausage meat and sweet potatoes (all mixed together) for my post-workout breakfast.

My meals were good yesterday but I haven't been eating much fruit so I had a fruit smoothie (pineapple, strawberries, bananas & almond milk) last night, right after supper.  That gave me a nice boost and may be what I was missing.

I hope everyone has a great day today!

GFCHRIS - again, hope you feel better soon! (:

Last night cramping agin! Third time since started Whole30. Woke up at 3 a.m. With a REALLY bad cramping of my right ankle/foot....quite a while before it settled down....and a slight cramp in left calf...ugh. Guess I will have more spinach for potassium and perhaps I should pick up a couple bananas. Last night went to Zumba...but we DID warm up and cool down with stretching....so don't know about the cramping...also not taking my multivitamins during the Whole30....didn't think I'd need to...maybe I'm lacking nutrients still?

Hi all - day 18! So close!

Day 2 of business travel and Day 5 away from my own kitchen. This b&b thing is totally the way to go - the cooks are letting me check out the packaging on all the meats and happily made me eggs and veggie sautee in olive oil. And I can store food here and I think maybe even cook which might happen for dinner tonight.

Still off the dense carbs - digestion moving better, still headaches but hard to tell what causes what. I am eating fruit at one or two meals though.

Good luck everyone! Maybe we should ask a moderator to chime in on the leg cramping?

My meals were good yesterday but I haven't been eating much fruit so I had a fruit smoothie (pineapple, strawberries, bananas & almond milk) last night, right after supper.  That gave me a nice boost and may be what I was missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI: smoothies are not recommended on the Whole30 for a variety of reasons, including having too much fruit at once.  Is it possible for you to have fruit with your meals?  The recommended meal template is an occassional 1-2 servings of fruit per day.

So....my bf is doing the 30 day challenge now and he's surprised the food isn't bland and actually tasty. Haha, he's lov'in the strawberry salsa i made with i coated it with chicken that was cooked in coconut oil. I also sauted some butterut squash in thyme, salte pepper, and garlic :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI: smoothies are not recommended on the Whole30 for a variety of reasons, including having too much fruit at once. Is it possible for you to have fruit with your meals? The recommended meal template is an occassional 1-2 servings of fruit per day.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll start adding some fruit with my meals.

Good idea delvallex!.....how do I do that? How do I ask a moderator?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Send them a message in the Messenger area (click on the envelope between your username and notification bell at the top of the screen).

Ah, day 18... I'm tired. Tired and tired of cooking. I'm not so much craving things or even just wanting things I've not been having. I'm just tired and tired of cooking. I don't like to cook and I've risen to the challenge for the W30, but I just want the perfect meals placed in front of me. As if...

I think the tired and tired might be related. I've been working out a fair amount and my joints are bothering me. I'm weary. The good news is that what sounds good is a fruit salad, not an ice cream sundae. I was at an event at my son's school this morning and all of the treats were baked goods, my favorite. I had no desire to cave. So, that's great. But, I'm tired.

Tonight it will be brined chicken breasts on the grill with sliced tomatoes and roasted asparagus. I'm sure it will be good...

Anyone had a midpoint slump and come out of it? What energized you?

I've been taking Natural Calm magnesium powder every night before bed (plain flavor for whole30) and haven't experienced any cramping. I see it at most grocery stores or you can order on amazon.

Had an excellent whole30 compliant Father's Day dinner Sunday- thought I'd share, my favorite roast chicken, baked tostones with mojo and the best jalapeno green sauce EVER. If any are you are familiar with the restaurant Pio Pio in NYC you might know what these recipes are based on. I adapted them from the recipes on the website Skinnytaste which I used a lot while I was on Weight Watchers. I noticed she has more recently had more gluten free/paleo friendly dishes. For the chicken I left out the beer in the brine and used water, and replaced the low fat sour cream with paleo mayo for the green sauce. Also used coconut oil for the tostones and made the mojo with olive oil, garlic, salt, and lime juice. Compete the meal with a sliced tomatoes and avocado and you'll have a feast! The leftover green sauce is also wonderful with eggs, chicken, you name it..totally addicting!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/peruvian-roasted-chicken-with-aji-verde.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-tostones-275.html

Yes-you will come out of this.  I typically hit that slump around day 22/23, and it lasts about 3 days.  And when I come out of it, everything seems easier and much more of a habit.  And food looks good again.  But it has happened in both of my W30s so far.

This slump has been different for me.  I think it has more to do with PMS than anything.  I'm hoping that I get through this and do NOT have the day 22/23 issue this time.

Ah, day 18... I'm tired. Tired and tired of cooking. I'm not so much craving things or even just wanting things I've not been having. I'm just tired and tired of cooking. I don't like to cook and I've risen to the challenge for the W30, but I just want the perfect meals placed in front of me. As if...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear you..... I've been way too much in the kitchen the past 3 weeks.... out of veggies again so have to go shopping again....ufff..... I hope the results are really good because for real cooking every day doesn't make me happy... I have to pack breakfast at night to take it to work in the morning... I'm sick of that... and want to be able to eat as many fruits as I want.... this 2 servings at day is killing meeeeeeee   my first reintroduction will be eating all the fruits I want!    MegMac says it lasts 3 days!!! ouch... that's too long..... I better cook something good tomorrow to cheer me up! 

Eats for Day 18:

**green smoothie: banana, spinach, tahini; coffee

**beef burger patty with mustard; red pepper, broccoli, baby carrots dipped in guacamole (avocado, salsa, a little mayo), dry roasted almonds, apple spice tea

**black tea and a few more almonds

**three small apricots

**baked salmon with lemon and spinach, sweet potato fries, mango Kombucha

Pretty good energy this morning, got a lot done in the garden. Then a slump. Took a tiny nap and then went for a trail ride. Dinner tasted great, no cravings.

Another day done!! Day 22 for me. I bought some of the Primal Pacs and love them, my 20 year old son loves them too. I wish that the limit of bacon at US Wellness meats wasn't so much. I refuse to buy 6 pounds of bacon for $85.00. I can wait and eat the Sunday Bacon from Whole foods, after the Whole 30 is over. :(

Thanks everyone for your suggestions regarding the cramping. I had spinach at breakfast this morning and at work they had some fresh fruit so I had a banana. I actually just bought that CALM magnesium for my husband about a week ago to help him sleep and he's been using it but he has the orange flavor and that's not whole30 compliant...I think I read in the daily that only the plain one is. Someone at work suggested I might be dehydrated too....did not have much water yesterday (3 or so cups vs usual 8),,,plus I had done a one hour ZUMBA class....

Day 18

M1-spinach, tomatoes, egg salad, coffee w coconut milk, banana

M2-chicken breast, Brussels sprouts, ghee, mineral water, strawberries, fig

Snack-pistachios, iced coffee w coconut milk

M3-shrimp, scallops, ghee, salt, pepper, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, chicken broth....then kiwi

Workout-none

Reflections-cramping last night right ankle/foot....BAD! Also slight cramping left calf ): A little tired today. Overall....feel fantastic. No cravings. Satisfied.

Anyone had a midpoint slump and come out of it? What energized you?

------

Juuuuust coming out of my own midpoint slump here, but my fixes seemed to be:

(1) Making sure I was still eating enough--I had started feeling too full (or so I thought) at a couple of meals, so I started shrinking my portion sizes, but I think I shrank them too much. I have to eat until I'm full at each meal or I get all sad and crabby. Sabby? Crad?

(2) Getting enough sleep--because I hadn't been feeling as totally exhausted as that first week, I hadn't been as motivated to go to bed early, and as a result I had too many short sleeps.

I think part of it was just my body continuing to adjust as well. Got to make sure we're getting the rest we need; our bodies are doing a lot of hard work these days!

Archived