Mrsfrosty

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eats for day 22:

**sausage and sweet potatoes

**coconut water

**banana

**adobo chicken, salad with cucumber, peppers, onions and tomatoes; quart of strawberry herb tea, apple pie Larabar

A hectic day at the show, no time to really sit down and eat although I cooked yesterday and was prepared with chicken, steak and vegetables. Delicious potluck tonight, plan on eating more tomorrow!

Day 26.

Laryngitis still lingers, but with improvement. I'd say my voice is 70% back. 

Cooked a lot yesterday. Morrocan meatballs with butternut squash and spinach for dinner. Baked Paleo Comfort Foods' crustless quiche (basically a frittata in a 13x9" baking pan) with spinach and red and green pepper, and am enjoying that for today's breakfast with my decaf coffee/ghee/coconut oil.

Family party today. My host (who recently completed a W30), arranged for a compliant spinach and fish dish for me. I'll be bringing Paleo Comfort Foods' cucumber & watermelon salad, and will plan to drink LOTS of sparkling water (temperature is slated to hit 90 today).  Plan to grill steaks tonight for dinner: will have with mashed cauliflower or a salad.

Eating this way is definitely agreeing with my body. It's happy to be up early to start the day. I've been up since 6:45 am (on a Sunday, where I would normally sleep in 1-2 more hours) and I'm already showered, dressed and just finished my breakfast. Didn't have to get up early - not heading out until noonish.  My body just wanted to, and that's a good thing. (oh gosh, I sound like Martha Stewart)  

@minda me too! Before that I had heard of whole 30 but only from health bloggers, never really a regular cool lady food blog. <3 her stuff.

Oh and on the almond milk - it seperates in the fridge, just shake it a bit to reincorporate!

Day 23! Only seven days to go!! I have been trying to take it easy since getting back from my trip late Thursday night which was very busy and stressful (in a good way!) So I've been catching up on sleep, taking a break from working out and trying to let my mind relax! Honestly my body needed it as it was a wreck from walking miles everyday and carrying heavy bags. My legs and arms have been so sore! 

I feel completely into the grove of the whole30 now - not really any urges to snack (this was easy on my trip as I didn't have a fridge full of food available)...and finding it quite easy to avoid too many nuts or fruit. I have noticed a couple of times catching myself look at cheesecake or something and think yum yum, but then kind of remembering oh yeah whole30 and thinking nope, not yet! Maybe I'm just feeling more relaxed because the end is in sight, or maybe my mind is making a last ditch attempt to revert back to old habits?! Either way I've held strong so far. The only food dreams I've had recently was actually for compliant foods lol! I dreamt I was snacking on a huge jar of olives from the fridge haha. 

I think I will extend the whole30 until the day before my wedding on the 5th - why not?! I feel fantastic and this is a sure fire way to hold onto feeling great! I will have some champagne and carrot cake on my wedding day - I am really looking forward to that :) Then it will be back to paleo for me afterwards! I am looking forward to introducing some items such as bacon and occasional dark chocolate back into my diet once more :) 

Polished off dried mango just now..one more pkg..won't open it today...

Sounds like dried mango is a bit of a trigger food for you, or that you still have a bit of a sugar dragon. Me and tahini butter were the same! I just had to quit buying it lol.

@minda me too! Before that I had heard of whole 30 but only from health bloggers, never really a regular cool lady food blog. <3 her stuff.

Oh and on the almond milk - it seperates in the fridge, just shake it a bit to reincorporate!

Almond milk turned out great! So easy. Can't wait to try in tomorrow morning in my coffee (although I'm used to coconut milk by now) and maybe over some blueberries.

Also joined folks for an outdoor concert picnic- we made fruit salad with fresh ginger and rosemary, and paleo spiced nuts. Hard to resist everything else but it helped that our dishes were so good! :)

Wow! That sounds so good.

Opened last dried mango...can't buy anymore...love dried mango but no brakes! Dinner was fun....I had a bowl of chopped zucchini topped w choc chili, topped with guacamole. Yum. Husband had the chili as taco meat and he had soft tacos....today I cooked chkn and peppers.....artichokes....yams.....on to day 24

I cooked all day to be sure the final week went off without a hitch. After taking a 5 mile hike, cooking 5 different things, and doing a massive cleaning and reorganizing, I realized something...tiger blood!!! I'm so confused. I never really get tiger blood. And on day 23, which is usually my worst? And I got my period yesterday with absolutely no symptoms?

This really is the strangest w30 ever. And now I can that in a positive way. :)

WOW!!!!!  We are almost done!!!!  one more week from tomorrow yuppeee :D

I'm excited and a bit scared.... don't want to go nuts adding too many things on the first weeks :unsure:

I'm sure the daily emails will give us some ideas.  Have a nice last week everybody!

Eats for Day 23:

**chicken breast, yellow peppers, snap peas, carrots, strawberries and mayo

**coconut water

**more peppers, snap peas and carrots with mayo

**cranberry Kombucha, cherry pie Larabar, pistachios

**Grande house from Starbucks

**ground beef and greens and avocado, two apricots, vanilla Rooibus tea

Another long, extremely active day. Wrapped up our two day show with lots of good runs and great friends. Energy was high and steady today, a good thing since we had lots of chores to do when we got home. Finally ate dinner around eight and by ten o'clock, lights out! Looking forward to tasting the magic again tomorrow as I feel calm yet unusually happy tonight.

Day 24!

It's been a few days since I posted but all is going well. I'm still not feeling the 'tiger blood'...my energy over the weekend was normal. I ended up having a nap each day in the middle of the afternoon.  I felt a little irritated this weekend because I wanted to eat anything I wanted (samosas) and drink some beer. I stayed the course though because I'm to close to the end to mess it up now!  I know that I am eating enough meat and veggies but I don't think I'm eating enough healthy fats. I'm going to make sure I have more avacodos...I never liked them much before Whole30 and now I love them!

I feel like I have lost a few pounds and cannot wait to weigh myself and take my measurements.

I hope everyone has a great day!

This is not easy to do when traveling but it is possible.

Left Saturday for my nieces baby shower on Sunday and headed back home today.

Luckily before I left I made beef jerky, hard boiled some eggs and made some tuna salad. Also packed olives, raw veggies and some nuts which have been life savers.

They have nothing in the way of healthy foods down here, much less whole 30 compliant.

The baby shower food was all not allowed for me except for some melon. I brought my little cooler with my veggies and beef jerky instead.

We did go out for steak last night but even the steamed veggie side I wanted could not be ordered without butter. Must be some prepared frozen mix they get. So I asked for a salad instead. Too bad I didn't think to ask what they put on it because it came out coverd in cheese and bacon with a huge pile of croutons. So I picked everything off and finally got to eat what was left.

The steamed sweet potatoe was supposed to be without butter too, but seemed way to soft and creamy but didnt taste like butter at all (which I'm sure I would have detected) so I assume it was ok.

The comment and questions I've been getting on this "weird diet" I'm on have been interesting and enlightening. I have not really been feeling the tiger blood either, but still know this is making me feel better! I'm thinking I might want to extend this to a whole 45 or 60 but will be spending a few days with family over the 4th and that would truly be a challenge!

Day 27. Getting downright giddy, as I approach day 30.   :lol: 

Voice is 98% back, thank goodness.

Yesterday was very HOT. At family party yesterday afternoon where temp was 90 and house had no air conditioning. Drank so much water, I thought I was going to float away! Stayed compliant eating fish with spinach, salad with compliant homemade dressing, asparagus, and watermelon cucumber salad that I made. Would have been easy to overdo on fruit, but just keep drinking water. They had a iced water pitcher with sliced lemons and limes that kept getting refilled. I probably drank the equivalent of at least a pitcher yesterday.

Grilled steaks on our brand new outdoor grill when we got home, and I had a side of gazpacho with it for my vegetables.

More water is in my future: weather forecast is 90s through tomorrow, and then "cools down" to 80s for the rest of the week.  In this level of heat, the good news is, I have zero desire to overeat.

Have plenty of leftovers in the fridge to not worry about cooking anything new today, and maybe even tomorrow. Will scan some recipes for finishing out the Whole30.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Archived