Whole30 JUNE GROUP (:

Mrsfrosty

Finally broke down and took a Claritin for my seasonal allergies. Feeling so much better as a result. And while my allergies are tough right now, they are usually SO much worse by this point in the summer, so I'm counting it as a win.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selene: I think my allergies have improved as well....I'm not taking anything, whereas I "was" taking zyrtec.....eyes a little itchy, but not having sneezing fits...glad you're better too!

I'm starting to get REALLY excited about reintroduction....for the learning aspect of it. I had/have zero awareness prior to Whole 30 if I am sensitive to any particular foods.....I would just "live" the bloatedness, tummy ache or whatever....not knowing which of the 5 things I ate caused it...so this will be a great learning expereince.

I am planning to folow the suggested reintro schedule at days 1, 4, 7 and 10...starting with dairy....plan to add greek yogurt for breakfast (I'll stick with non flavored plain, so as not to add back added sugar)....perhaps creamer/half and half to my coffee OR a slice of cheese at lunch...and dinner maybe sour cream...fun to kind of think about...but I am going to choose wisely...maybe I don't really want/need to add a lot back. I really want to stay whole 30 99% of the time...OK, maybe 80/20....LOL

Mrs frosty and June30 group,

Will you plan on continuing to post comments in the Post30 logs? I was thinking that if we could move as a group through the reintroductions, we could continue to inspire each other along the way. I know it has really helped me knowing you guys were going through this at the same time as me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like that idea. Maybe Kelly (aka Mrs. Frosty) can create a reintro thread for this group in the Whole30 Reintroduction part of the forum?

Yes! me too!!! I've been wanting this to be over... but now that we are close.... I don't want it to be over!!!! hahaha is much easier having your support and ideas!

Me too I will start introducing dairy on days 1, 4 and 7.

Today tried for the first time a Lara Bar.... OMG they are so good!!!! I'm super glad that I didn't got them before.... I know I would have wanted to eat a couple everyday :wacko:

Got some pistachios and artichokes too, and had to think of Mrs. Frosty who should change her nickname to Mrs. Pistachio for the next thread :P

I'll start making dinner so I stop thinking of devoring another Lara Bar...  by the way.. I wanted to buy the ingredients to make my own... but couldn't find any dried cherries, apricots or blueberries with no added sugar... any ideas?

Yes! me too!!! I've been wanting this to be over... but now that we are close.... I don't want it to be over!!!! hahaha is much easier having your support and ideas!

Me too I will start introducing dairy on days 1, 4 and 7.

Today tried for the first time a Lara Bar.... OMG they are so good!!!! I'm super glad that I didn't got them before.... I know I would have wanted to eat a couple everyday :wacko:

Got some pistachios and artichokes too, and had to think of Mrs. Frosty who should change her nickname to Mrs. Pistachio for the next thread :P

I'll start making dinner so I stop thinking of devoring another Lara Bar...  by the way.. I wanted to buy the ingredients to make my own... but couldn't find any dried cherries, apricots or blueberries with no added sugar... any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyday Paleo has a recipe for homemade Larabars and she says she got her unsweetened dried fruit at her local health food store. 

And LOL at the Mrs. Pistachio comment! :lol:

I've made Larabars at home with dates (usually no added sugar because already so sweet - just soak them in water before you process) and raw cashews and one batch with dried apple rings (unsweetened, from a bag of mixed dried fruits from Costco).

I made cauliflower crust pizza tonight with sautéed mushrooms and onions - amazing! Not SWYPO in my book because it bore little resemblance to pizza but wow. Delicious, in permanent rotation now!

Planning a whole 30 dinner party tomorrow night - guac deviled eggs, kale salad with lobster meat, and am gonna try my hand at a coconut milk date-sweetened ice cream that I probably won't even eat, given my feelings about coconut! But I've been itching to break out the ice cream maker so... If its really good will save myself some for July :)

I'm in as well for continuing to post. It really helps me at the end of the day to read how well everyone is doing. I haven't decided if I am going to reintroduce anything just yet. I really like how I feel. I am going on a vacation with my sisters the second week in July, so I will probably eat foods that aren't Whole 30 approved, but I really plan on sticking with the plan as much as possible. My sisters and I have never taken a trip together and we are driving from Missouri to Florida with a stop in New Orleans. I might have to try a beignet : ) 

Tomorrow I am scheduled to work, but received a jury summons and when I called tonight to see if I have to go the answer was yes.  I would so rather go to work!!

This is day 28 for me, I am so pumped to weigh on Thursday and re-measure.  Some of my clothes are a little loose, but not everything, so I really want to see what is what with the numbers.

Pam

Got some pistachios and artichokes too, and had to think of Mrs. Frosty who should change her nickname to Mrs. Pistachio for the next thread :P-----------LOL.....(:

Mrsfrosty...I mean Kelly.....I mean mrsPistachio...LOL

Not SWYPO in my book because it bore little resemblance to pizza but wow. Delicious, in permanent rotation now!----what is SWYPO.???

I love the story...basically it's called that because such foods (usually desserts) are like having Sex With Your Pants On, LOL. Some of them, I agree, are less than satisfying...but others are darned good.

I had ice cream tonight...the real deal. You know what? It wasn't really that great...

Eats for Day 24:

**ground beef, sausage, sweet potato, egg, blueberries

**coconut flakes, apricot

**steak, chicken, cucumber, snap peas, mayo

**couple plums from our tree, raw almonds, herbal tea

**eggs poached in marinara over steamed broccoli, strawberry Kombucha

Too many eggs today made my tummy hurt a little after dinner. Today was a down day, but I felt motivated to begin a sewing project and stuck with it with calm focus for the entire day... Was surprised to look up and see it was time to start the evening chores! Really enjoyed immersing myself in something creative but not feeling stressed about the process or the challenges that presented themselves. Calm. Present. Happy. Whole :)

Butting my head in where it doesn't belong. Cauli pizza is the epitome of SWYPO and not okay on W30. Just dont want anyone new to think it's okay. GREAT idea for a good paleo item while riding your own bike though.

Day 28.

I think I need to accept that I'm one of those people that has to get up once in the middle of the night to pee. Sleeping through the night is apparently no longer part of my 48-year-old makeup. I've been feeling well-rested when I ultimately get up in the morning, and I guess that's the point.

Yesterday was good. Crustless quiche and coffee/ghee/coconut oil for breakfast, sardines, gazpacho, and watermelon salad for lunch, moroccan meatballs and mashed cauliflower for dinner. 

Still have enough leftovers to not have to cook anything new today. Will scan recipes for tomorrow and Thursday night's dinner.

Day 25!

I had a good day yesterday but the energy is still not at the level I would like.  I had an omelette with steak, onions, mushrooms and spinach for M1, a salad with chicken, carrots and cucumbers for M2 and a roast in the slow cooker with mushrooms and onions for M3.

I'm feeling really good today! I had a great sleep last night, got up at 5am to go to Crossfit. No PR's but felt great at the gym. I had an avocado and hard boiled egg pre-workout and an omelette with the left over roast, onions, mushrooms and spinach, post-workout.

I don't have a plan for re-introduction - with the exception of ales.  In that case, I'll be re-introducing grains on July 1!  I don't know if or when I'll re-introduce dairy and will do all I can to avoid refined sugar. My hope is that I'll be continuing with this eating plan for the forseeable future, with a little off roading every once in a while.

I hope you all have a great day!

i'm all over the reintro thread. i'll probably be quiet the first few days as i'll be traveling in costa rica (trying to do reintroduction on the road - wish me luck!) but will catch up when i return!

re: cauli pizza - i feel good about it and it has not made me crave pizza or cheese so even if SWYPO, it was actually pretty pleasant :) decided to back away from the coconut date ice cream though. may do prosciutto wrapped dates for dinner party dessert instead tonight.

BIG NEWS for today - for the past few days i've been feeling like something was different about my face but couldn't place it... i realized this morning... i no longer have dark circles under my eyes! which i have had my whole life! maybe something to do with iron in the red meat i've been eating, or lack of gluten, but whatever it is it's amazing. my face looks refreshed even though my sleep levels are the same. #win.

I have to chime in on SWYPO.  I think it's different for everyone.  For me, cauli pizza would NOT be SWYPO, because I don't like pizza (except in NYC) and probably don't eat it once a year.  The cauli pizza actually appeals, but I don't think eating it would be SWYPO.

Funny enough, I worry that my nightly Kombucha might be SWYPO for me (but I'm not giving it up).  My issue is red wine in the evenings.  I have replaced it with Kombucha, but not broken the habit of relaxing (often in the hot tub) with a glass of my favorite beverage.  That's just not a habit I'm interested in breaking, but finding a better alternative (that does NOT make me want to eat bread and butter) is a win.

Just my 2 cents...which usually turns into a nickel.  :)

Perfect! Exactly what I planned to do....so July 1 I will start a nee thread in the Reintroduction forum section...should we call it JUNE WHOLE30 DOING REINTRODUCTION?

@ Kelly..... Yes that sounds like a great title!

I have to chime in on SWYPO.  I think it's different for everyone.  For me, cauli pizza would NOT be SWYPO, because I don't like pizza (except in NYC) and probably don't eat it once a year.  The cauli pizza actually appeals, but I don't think eating it would be SWYPO.

Funny enough, I worry that my nightly Kombucha might be SWYPO for me (but I'm not giving it up).  My issue is red wine in the evenings.  I have replaced it with Kombucha, but not broken the habit of relaxing (often in the hot tub) with a glass of my favorite beverage.  That's just not a habit I'm interested in breaking, but finding a better alternative (that does NOT make me want to eat bread and butter) is a win.

Just my 2 cents...which usually turns into a nickel.  :)

I really agree. If blanket rules work for you, that's great, but...If I mix sweet potatoes with eggs and a little coconut flour and pan fry them in a round shape (lesson learned! do not call them pancakes) that's really not an issue for me, because I'm not all that into round sugary breakfast items. It's just a convenient way to cook a fritter-type thing. Similarly, a cauliflower crust vehicle for delicious vegetable toppings would not really be a trigger for me.

But I've also been wondering about the kombucha I sometimes reach for when I'd like to have a cocktail. It does have that trace amount of alcohol, so am I just re-enforcing that association? Unclear. But I do know that the occasional cocktail/beer/wine, especially out with friends, is the thing I've missed most and the only thing I am really looking forward to reintroducing. So, hmmm.....

Archived