Pre-Workout Meal Timing

km_66

Hey, 

Loved the book! Probably the fasted I've ever read a book in my life.

My question is, my schedule doesn't always allow me to have a "meal" 15-75 mins before a workout.

Say I have lunch at 12, but can't get to the gym until 3:30-4, is it ok to something 15-30 mins before?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

You may need to play around to figure out what works for your workout and your stomach.  I switched to an early morning workout this morning, which I haven't done in a while.  I had some chicken breast before -- about 30 minutes before -- and was (burp) regretting it during my burpees....  :)

^^^^^

Did bar facing burpees in our WOD the other day after eating a turkey andouille sausage (for the first time and only 30 min preWO....) I wished they were toilet facing burpees instead!!!! Not fun...

Start light until you know what your stomach can handle..... I'm fine with a cup of coffee with coconut milk most days

Hi there :)

I usually eat lunch between 12-1pm and workout (CrossFit) at 6pm. I have a quick something before I workout (20-60 min before). I find that I can workout just fine without a snack but, I can't really lift. I like lifting, so I usually eat something. Normally it's a small chicken thigh, hard boiled egg or a hot dog (applegate farms has W30 approved dogs).

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to go for a jog at lunch time, then eat lunch immediately afterwards. So in a sense, my Post-WO meal is my lunch (which means a little fat is included). Should I be eating a smaller fat-free Post-WO meal, and postpone lunch (with a little fat) until later in the day? I often need a snack between lunch and dinner anyway, so my lunch could be moved to that snack time. Does this sound reasonable? I'm just trying to figure out the whole pre- and post-WO meals. Also, do I really need pre- and post-WO meals when I'm just jogging (as opposed to lifting or doing something very strenuous)?

Thanks in advance!

Archived