Support for people starting 6/10/13

Phew, day done!

Breakfast - braised hearts, roasted beetroot & roasted courgettes & aubergine, kiwi fruit

Lunch - lemon & herb chicken with cauliflower rice & some green olives

Dinner - sausage skillet stew (with homemade sausages) & half a baked sweet potato with ginger & walnut oil. Cherries after. I was hungry when i made it, then not hungry when i served it, so i didn't put much out... now i'm distinctly peckish again & considering making baked eggs  :ph34r:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15 here! I'm feeling pretty good now that I've recovered from my half marathon on Saturday. Ate a lot of starchy veggies after race for sure! Waited a bit long to get lunch started so I'm anxiously counting down the minutes until my timer goes off and I can omnom my Rogan Josh. Smells so good!

Day 15..another one under our belts! Didn't feel th cravings today (yay!!) I think it's the sweet potato in the am and getting enough fat. Picked up groceries for the week I day, so I'm all set. It is getting easier, especially to plan! I THINK I'm seeing some changes physically but trying not to think about that part until the end. I do have a straight up plan to try some frozen yogurt on July 11th!!!

Day 15 here! I'm feeling pretty good now that I've recovered from my half marathon on Saturday. Ate a lot of starchy veggies after race for sure! Waited a bit long to get lunch started so I'm anxiously counting down the minutes until my timer goes off and I can omnom my Rogan Josh. Smells so good!

Physibeth, Congrats on the 1/2!!! Way to go! Tiger blood, or blind determination, whatever got you through--> Great job!

I LOVE the Well Fed Rogan Josh...who knew such a seductive dish existed! Love it!  ENJOY!

Hope everyone is starting the work week well-planned and determined!! Time is clicking by! My energy is up and the food choices are getting more habitual and less "have to"! Yeah! Hang in there all and happy eating!

Waiting on the Tiger Blood....waiting....

Ran 5 miles this morning in DC humidity. It was not fun. Came home and eat an egg with leftover beef and slaw.

I did go to bed earlier and did not bring my iPad to bed. This is a big step since I like falling asleep to white noise. I woke up at 5am and wasn't tired. I could've laid in bed, but I decided to get my butt moving. Watching the sunrise over DC is always beautiful. Humid and sweat during the run, not so beautiful.

Have a great day everyone!

Still quite often hungry late afternoon. Am having W30 snacks ( today 2 tomatoes, olives, a tiny bit of curried cauliflower and a tsp mayonnaise) and am not grazing beyond one "decent" snack ... Probably more truthfully tired and dealing with tired cranky kids I need to cook for but would love to get past this. Still good, though .... Tuna steaks with salsa, salad and random collection of veg tonight. Menu planning for next week this evening (grocery day tomorrow) and browsing through recipes. Yum.

First off let me just say props to everyone for making it this far! Feeling really good except for inflammation in my neck that has come back for some reason. I'm thinking its my kombucha. I drink g.t.' s kombucha, no added sugar, sometimes with chia, sometimes without. This is the only thing I have that is not a lean protein or vegetable. I eat fruit only occasionally and in very small amounts. Any thoughts on this?

So is it possible to get 'kill all things' on day 16 - because I want to kill everyone today!

I think I didn't have enough protein at lunch time, so I was tired and grouchy through the afternoon (my sons sports day) and came home ravenous! The kids were munching on cookies and it took every ounce of willpower not to dive right in there with them! I had no ready source of protein so I had nuts, avocado and some fruit - not the best snack :/

I need to take some meat out of the freezer and stock up on goodies to munch tonight.

It's the only bad thing I've done in 2 weeks - so not dreadful? Nuts and fruit tasted amazing! :)

So is it possible to get 'kill all things' on day 16 - because I want to kill everyone today!

I can get "kill all things" at anytime, including when not on a Whole30  :ph34r:

Breakfast - lamb mince, spinach, an egg & hot sauce, with some sauerkraut on the side. A few cherries

Lunch - leftover sausage stew with sweet potato noodles.

Snack - a few strawberries - couldn't resist as they were on offer in the supermarket, but i felt quite head-spinny afterwards & had a handful of macadamias to settle my sugars. This malarkey must be having an effect...!

Dinner - caribbean oxtails & cauliflower rice with a few sultanas in & a nectarine after.

Off to beat up my other half kickboxing soon, i'll probably have a snack when we get home - most likely a hard boiled egg (or a baked one if i have time!)

Can't believe how much of an effect i felt from the strawberries. Might have to get someone else to eat them!

I, no joke, had dreams about French fries and beer last night.  

I recall my co-worker who completed a whole30 with her husband a few months ago saying that during the second half that she was just ready for a drink and that is how I'm feeling about now.  I really love the food I'm currently eating, but I really miss going out for a beer with friends.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Am I alone?  Lol!  

I am going to be so excited once we hit day 20!

I'm missing wine! Only today though - which is weird because I never drink during the week - but the cravings are kicking in for me today! I've got off lightly up until now with cravings, they have only been fleeting and I can easily distract myself, but not today!

Ok, so weird....I rarely drink but I've been craving an ice cold beer or glass of wine so bad the last couple of day! Must be the sugar rearing its head in whatever fashion possible? It's like the devil, that darn sugar! It's just funny how similar our stories are as far as feelings, cravings, moods, etc! That timeline is right on, that's for sure!

I have recognized that making sure I get sufficient fat in my morning REALLY helps set my day. It makes a huge difference! I am loving coconut oil and avocados! I've not had ghee...it's on my list to try next week. :)

Ha!  I have to laugh reading some of these posts - I, too, have been fantasizing about wine!  I very rarely drink either, but all of a sudden I have the urge to have some and find myself thinking about what kind I'm going to buy for day 31! 

I made baked eggs - absolutely delicious!! Wilted a handful of baby spinach, split it between 2 ramekins greased with ghee, cracked an egg in each, bit more ghee & some black pepper on top - 12 minutes later, happy tummy :-)

Roz, What temp?  This sounds good!  Thanks for sharing :)  I made some homemade sausage from Well Fed tonight.  It was great!

Today was a pretty good day for me (though my eating schedule was slightly off). I woke up early and did Crossfit. I know Whole30 recommends eating before a workout but I just can't bring myself to eat something that early...I've tried it and I just end up feeling puke-y during class. I didn't really have a post-workout snack either. I just combined it with my breakfast.

Breakfast: a throw-together stir-fry of andouille sausage, sweet potato, kale, yellow bell pepper, red onion, white button mushrooms, and avocado topped with an over easy egg and plenty of Whole30-friendly hot sauce  :)

Lunch: a hard-boiled egg and lots of chopped raw veggies (I kind of failed here. I got distracted and forgot to eat more.)

Dinner: leftover pumpkin cashew coconut chicken curry with cauliflower rice (this stuff is AMAZING. The recipe is on paleomg.com)

Snack: some almond butter and a coupla macadamia nuts

I'll probably have another snack cause I'm still a little hungry and I didn't eat a ton today. Maybe some veggies :)

I'm feeling good about my food choices but my body is extremely fatigued. I've been sleeping well but I think I've been overexercising. Tomorrow will be a much-needed rest day :)

Scriswell - i cooked the eggs at 200°C/400°F. Have a look after 10 minutes, they take about 12-14 min total, depending on how big the eggs are!

Madiepea - SO glad to hear the pumpkin cashew curry is good, I'm making it on Saturday :-) Had the recipe printed off months ago, but pureed pumpkin is really hard to find in the UK (any Brits out there, Aldi are selling tins of pumpkin puree right now!)

Enjoy your day everyone!

Right, food check-in  ;)

Breakfast - fiesta breakfast bowl (basically some mince fried up with spices & some mashed avocado on top. I underdid the spices, so it was a bit meh)

Lunch - courgette noodles, shredded leftover lemon herb chicken, pak choi & cashew pieces, with Well Fed's sunshine sauce

Snack - 2 baked eggs with ghee & spinach

Dinner - dry-rub burger, roast sweet potato chunks with curry seasonings, sauteed spring greens & a bit of sauerkraut & homemade ketchup

Feeling quite hungry/peckish today... maybe because i'm tired i think. What i need is an early nigh... -_-

I had no ready source of protein so I had nuts, avocado and some fruit - not the best snack :/

I need to take some meat out of the freezer and stock up on goodies to munch tonight.

It's the only bad thing I've done in 2 weeks - so not dreadful? Nuts and fruit tasted amazing! :)

Hello, Hello...just checking in.  Hanging on pretty good here.  I think about sweets still as we've discussed earlier in the week but I don't REALLY want them, I am pretty sure this must be PMS.  Maybe as I get healthier and my hormones are more balanced this will not be an issue.  

Truly loving the three wholesome meal format, with preparation this works so well for me.  I do feel my view of food changing and for the first time since I quit smoking a few years ago I can work steadily without munching or something pretty often.  If you have quit smoking then you probably know what I mean...

Anyway I hope everyone is okay and having a good week so far!        

Archived