Do I have to exercise?

This is my second Whole 30. My first one ( in January) was very successful but one difference is I was doing Crossfit 3x a week. I started this second Whole 30 June 1st and I'm happy with how I feel so far, just wonding if I wil get similar results (i.e. body composition change) if I am not formally exercising? I am pretty active in general, live on a farm and so do lots of gardening, chores and horseback riding several times a week.

I'm jealous! I would trade the gym for horseback riding any day! On a more serious note...I think your activity level is plenty to stay healthy. However, unless your chores involve a significant amount of heavy lifting, I think you might benefit from some type of resistance training. You could do crossfit, traditional weight training, or even bodyweight exercises at home like push ups and squats. You might also benefit from sprinting once in a while. I think what your doing now is great and these ideas could be things you do if you want to kick it up a notch and take your fitness to the next level.

Archived