feeling discouraged.....any advice welcome

i was just curious why some people lose a good amount of weight while others stay the same or even gain a bit? i am 13 days in and i put on a comfy pair of pants today and they were a bit snug....kinda discouraged. i already had gluten and grain out of my diet and was eating pretty much all organic. i also have a terrible addiction to sweets, mainly chocolate. i figured not having sweets and dairy would at least make a budge on my weight. i'm not doing this program for the weight loss but would love to lose the few extra pounds i have recently put on. i also plan on making this a lifestyle. thanks!!!

i am also tired of being gassy and bloated after everything i eat....thought this was going to stop:(

thanks...i guess i just needed to hear that this was normal.  i didn't want to eat today cuz i got all paranoid as to what is causing the gain and pain.  i figured my body needs time to adjust but the weight gain threw me off.....

I found that coconut oil and avocado made me gassy. I've recently been using bacon grease and other rendered animal fat for cooking - this seems to be better for my gut - at least while my gut adjusts to this new way of eating. Also, I've really been focusing on having 3 meals a day to the best of my ability. Having a good stretch of time between meals without any snacking seems to really help with digestion.

I think during both my 1st and 2nd Whole30, I was bloated and uncomfortable in the waist area - but I do think it was temporary, and not an indication that I gained weight. Once I decided it was a lifestyle for me, I stopped worrying about my weight after a mere 30 days ... especially because I'm not that overweight to begin with - so it may take a bit more time to lose these last 5-10lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 15 of my first W30.

At the end of the first week I was really feeling thinner and my pants were loser.

But now, I feel no difference in my pants at all.

I started eating a bunch of cashews and I think that was the culprit.

I also know that I was eating while not all that hungry (totally against W30, I know).

And I'm waiting to feel fantastic. Hoping that comes this week or next.

Good luck!!

I'm in the same boat except I caved and weighed myself this morning ( hubby left scale out .) I will tell you what in telling myself and I hope other tell me ( from my post .) that its how you feel mentally. I also went paleo-ish ( occasional hard cheese and wine ) a long time before W30. Focus on your energy and mental happiness and keep pushing forwards.

I know what you mean about feeling bloated.  I believe this is completely normal, and it's likely a sign that the body is acknowledging the change (for better!).  You're almost to the halfway point, and you've made it this far.  I hear that after 2-3 weeks into the program, people start to see and feel the difference.  Keep going!  Stay strong! 

Remember though you may not see a difference now your body is changing from the inside out. Be patient. I'm on day 13 and am beginning to feel lighter in the upper tummy area. Whole 30 is healthy way to eat for a lifetime not a diet. Hang in, be strong. Keep in touch!

Archived