The 15 Grossest Things You're Eating

If you needed more reasons to include more organic vegetables and/or grassfed beef and free-range chicken, here it is.  And most of these ingredient only show up on packaging as "enzymes", or "natural flavorings".  Things like beaver anal gland juice, or paint chemicals used to make dressings, frostings, or coffee creamers appear whiter.

http://m.thepostgame.com/blog/list/201307/15-grossest-things-youre-eating?page=#sT

Haha I got excited that people discuss food considered gross by most people outside the paleo frame. Like lamb kidneys. FYI -I am totally eating them. And spleen too. Ok, enough, let's stop here :)

Ha ha, knew I'd find you here!  I got excited at the title and came dashing in to see what gross things people are eating for fun! :)

"Nadia will eat anything" that's right. Ok, several things that I have no guts to try, but are available at my local supermarket:

- guinea pig (thaaaat's right)

- jelly fish

- soft shell turtle (ok, I've eaten the turtle but in a restaurant. Deboning and cutting it myself? aaawwwwww no)

Let's have fun, people. 

I reckon I could eat guinea pig.  Jelly fish ...  mmm, think someone would have to prep it for me.

The turtle I couldn't do.  "Cute" doesn't usually stop me from eating something, but the thought of eating a turtle makes me sad!

I don't have many gross things to brag about.  I need to up my game :D

Guinea pig is pretty common in a lot of countries because it is easily hutch-raised and you don't need a lot of space. My friend who has had it said it isn't bad. 

I just laugh at those articles about processed food now because we are totally shut of it. So they can make it out of aaaanything they want. :)

I've eaten and enjoyed snails and frogs legs in France.

I've not met a food I refused to try but I'm hoping that I am never presented with a breakfast of chicken feet like my poor friend was ( and had to eat them :) )

• Moderators

And today we had a snack of beef tongued braised in pickle juice wrapped in lettuce.

Beef tongue! Who knew it was SO FREAKING delicious? I think it is one of my favorite things to make.

I'm less enamoured of beef heart, but I am going to try making jerky out of my next one.

At least four of the things on that article's list I just can't see getting excited about.

maggots and carmine--many, many insects and their larvae are perfectly edible and entirely paleo compatible. 

bacteria--there is bacteria on everything. If it's not in sufficient quantity of varieties that make you ill, so what?

beaver gland juice--this is weird, but I'd eat the other parts of the beaver so why the heck not?

"Gross" is decidedly subjective.

Archived