Kale ribs/stems

I got regular kale instead of baby kale this week, but now I'm looking for ideas for using the ribs and stems.  The leaves will likely become chips.

Any tips for using the rest of the kale?

Much appreciated...

Ahh Nico. I know you have no access to compost but there really is no other use for the stems. Kirsteen is the champion of using every bit of a vegetable. Maybe she will have an idea. If you Google Whole Foods Garlicky kale salad, you will pull up the best kale salad recipe. I have it weekly. :)

Thanks to you both.  I think I have cooked them in bone broth before for a chicken soup, but have been getting baby kale for a bit and haven't had any for a bit.  Even my puppies aren't serving as compost right now.  In a few days they will be able to have them again.  I'll save them for now.  If I find an idea, they will be mine.  Otherwise, the pups can have them.  :)

(Susan, good to see you.  Last night I noted to myself that I had been missing you.  Perhaps we've been on different threads.)

I had found an easy pickling recipe for them, too.  I have never pickled anything and it sounds fun!

Have also successfully put them in broth to flavor and soften.

And, progress on our new house means that there may be compost in my future. :D

Archived