Make-and-Take (Cold/Room Temp.) Breakfast Ideas

orianaoracle

I participate in "Healthy Living Food Club" meetings every couple of months.  This weekend, we have a "Breakfast Club" planned.  We are going to do our boot camp class beforehand, and then bring dishes for a healthy breakfast/brunch.  I am having a tough time finding something that doesn't need to be served hot.  I need something that can be served cold or room temperature.

Does anyone have any good make-and-take Whole30 breakfast options?  I want to make sure I have at least one thing I can eat while I'm there.  I get the feeling that I may not be able to eat a lot of the other foods at this time.

I assume some people are already bringing things like hard-boiled eggs, fruit salads, etc.  I am looking for something that's a little bit "different," or at least something that most people might not bring.  Thanks in advance!

what about a yummy fritatta or a batch or two of 'egg muffins'? They are both yummy cold

I thought about those, but I'm not a huge fan of cold eggs.  I may give it a shot, though.  Thanks!

It isn't clear to me whether you're bringing something to share or bringing something for yourself only.

I second the frittata/egg muffin idea.  Another suggestion is a cucumber salad http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/07/recipe-simple-cucumber-salad.html with smoked salmon or cooked shrimp on the side as your protein.

I'm bringing it to share with the group, but I also want to have it there so I'm sure there is at least one item I can eat.  Everyone brings a dish to share, but I doubt I'll be able to eat a lot of the items right now during the Whole 30.

I like the cucumber salad idea a lot!  I have some shrimp I could cook up as a side.  I wish I had some smoked salmon, because I'd much prefer that.  But, I'll work with what I have. :)  Thanks!

cold fish and sweet potato patties are yummy, call them latkes and people will probably love them.  you can also make them with shredded zucchini for a non starchy option and serve with home made pico on top

Do you happen to have any recipes you recommend for these?  They sound good, but I've never made anything like that before.  Thanks!

I ended up making this: http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/05/01/watermelon-cucumber-mint-salad-with-lime-dressing/

I substituted an organic blood orange/nut oil blend for the olive oil.  Hopefully, it will turn out well!  I'm going to bring some cooked chicken with me for my protein.  Hopefully, someone will have a salad or something that I can dress myself for some veggies.  I'll admit, I'm a little under-prepared.

I'll let you all know if it was a hit. :)

The watermelon salad was a complete success!  Everybody loved it!  I couldn't eat any of the other items (bacon-wrapped asparagus [bacon with sugar in the curing], a frittata that had cheese in it, and muffins), so I'm glad I took it!  I also brought some homemade kale chips, and everyone gobbled those up.

Sweet potato mash/puree is also good cold. A bit more dessert-y, but still great. I'm a nutmeg/cinnamon/ginger/cloves person myself, with coconut milk, ghee, and/or coconut oil mixed in for fat. Mmm...

Forget taking that along...I just want to gobble that up on my own at home! :D

Archived