Gurgly tummy with dairy :-( Who knew?!

CharDoll

Today was day 31, and therefore Day 1 of reintroduction.  

Whole milk in my coffee at breakfast... a few hours later super gurgly tummy and had to run to the bathroom.

Had a late lunch (ground turkey, onions, riced cauliflower, hot sauce, cumin, evoo and evco) and sprinkled some shredded cheese on top.  I was acutely aware of the cheese taste, and I don't even know if I liked it that much.  Now about 3 hours later, I'm pretty tired (although that could be because I couldn't fall asleep last night til about 12:30) and my tummy just does not feel light and happy. It feels all rumbly.  

:-(  Who knew that dairy would affect me this much!  My first instinct is to feel sad, but that's quickly erased with a feeling of FREEDOM!!!! :-)  Now that I know how it makes me feel, I may not be so quick to eat it!  

A little apprehensive about trying some yogurt at dinner and frankly I'm not even very hungry, so may not eat dinner.  May try to do another dairy reintro after corn, legumes and non gluten grains, but next one try yogurt, kefir and maybe goat cheese.  

is it normal to do two different dairy reintros?

I considered 2 reintros too since I had heartburn from the mozzerella at lunch. But went ahead w the ice cream after dinner as i didn't want to drag it all out. funny, the ice cream didn't have as bad of an effect as the cheese.

either way, today has convinced me that dairy is best kept for special occasions, and just not worth the literal heart ache.

Though a cannoli might be worth a bite sometime?

Today was day 31, and therefore Day 1 of reintroduction.  

Whole milk in my coffee at breakfast... a few hours later super gurgly tummy and had to run to the bathroom.

Had a late lunch (ground turkey, onions, riced cauliflower, hot sauce, cumin, evoo and evco) and sprinkled some shredded cheese on top.  I was acutely aware of the cheese taste, and I don't even know if I liked it that much.  Now about 3 hours later, I'm pretty tired (although that could be because I couldn't fall asleep last night til about 12:30) and my tummy just does not feel light and happy. It feels all rumbly.  

:-(  Who knew that dairy would affect me this much!  My first instinct is to feel sad, but that's quickly erased with a feeling of FREEDOM!!!! :-)  Now that I know how it makes me feel, I may not be so quick to eat it!  

A little apprehensive about trying some yogurt at dinner and frankly I'm not even very hungry, so may not eat dinner.  May try to do another dairy reintro after corn, legumes and non gluten grains, but next one try yogurt, kefir and maybe goat cheese.  

is it normal to do two different dairy reintros?

You could do two different dairy reintros for different types of dairy. I did cow's milk one day and goat's milk another day. Still haven't tested sheep's milk.

I'd do two reintros.  I don't get any immediate reactions from yogurt or goat cheese.  I may, however, have a delayed worsening of allergies.  It's hard to tell with delayed reactions if they are the food or something else (high pollen, dog in the house, etc).  Non goat cheese makes my tummy wonky.  Ice cream is evil.  So, I'd wait a few days and then try yogurt by itself and see how you react. 

Archived