Question on Fats

I am about 2 months removed from completing my first Whole30.  Things have been going great and I have been happy with the results I have achieved physcially, mentally and emotionally.  I have not weighed myself in a while, but I can tell that I have plateaued in the fat loss department.  (I would say I have been 85-90% compliant or better in the past 2 months, plus a healthy dose of alcohol consumption)  I have tightened that back up this week though.

Anyway, my question is if I am perhaps including too much fat in a typical meal.  For example, at breakfast I will have:

4 cage free eggs (over easy)

a chicken sausage (or a beef slider from US Wellness Meats)

sauteed spinach and either onions or peppers

half an avocado

The proteins and veggies are cooked in either coconut oil or ghee.  

Since I am cooking with those fats (no more than 2 tablespoons total, but usually less), should I avoid the half avocado with those meals?  (i really like it)

(same principal applies to dinner and sometimes lunch, the proteins and veggies are cooked in 1-2 tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil)

Or am I just getting nitpicky?  I was also thinking that from this point on, any further fat losses will be extremely slow and steady...but I have given it about 2 months with no real additional progress). 

I skipped it today and yesterday, and I still was satiated until my next meal...so I think I may have answered my own question...but I want to be sure I am also not all of a sudden underconsuming it..

Although I agree with Tom (you might not need as much fat in your breakfast), I wouldn't be so quick to blame fat consumption for lack of fat loss. A "healthy dose of alcohol" is far more likely to be the culprit IMHO. Good for you reining that in!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived