Why did it take me so long!!!

UAallison83

So I'm on day 20((YAY I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!)) and for the last few days my appetite just went away completely.  Stomach was so hungry, then two bites later the thought of eating what was on my plate was unbearable.  I couldn't even force myself to eat lunch some days because I kept gagging ((sorry if thats TMI)).  

Finally decided to try a new texture with using almond flour to dredge chicken tenders and make a little "fried chicken" with some coconut oil.  

:o

OMG, why did I wait so long!  I've been stuck on grilled meat and ground meats for almost 3 weeks and I just think my palate was tired of it.  I guess I didn't want to try it because I'm trying to learn how to not depend on the "big bad fried foods" that used to be so prevalent in my diet.  It was just what I needed because I ate more for that meal than I had in a long time.  Also made a little Alabama white barbecue sauce to go with it and it was excellent!!  

What other tricks have you guys used to get some new textures/tastes into your w30?  I need some new ideas for the home stretch.

Thanks!!

I love curry sweet potatoes - 

Peel & cut a couple of sweet potatoes into rounds. If they're big potatoes, you might want to cut the rounds into semi-circles. Toss with 2 tbsp melted coconut oil (i melt mine in the oven tray while the oven's heating up), a good tbsp sea salt & 2 tbsp curry powder. Mix until well covered. Put them in the oven at 200oC/400oF for 10 minutes, take them out & stir them around a bit, then put them back in for another 10-15 minutes. Delicious! I was making some one evening when we had workmen in the house & they were all drooling  :P They couldn't believe it was just sweet potatoes & curry powder! The cumin-roasted carrots from Well Fed are lovely as well, & along similar lines.

I use apple pie spice (cinnamon and nutmeg if you don't have the mix) on every type of mashed up squash.  Gives it a whole new flavor. I'm usually mashing up with olive oil and salt, too, for good texture and flavor.

The cookbook, Well Fed, is an excellent template for how to prepare all different recipes in different ways. One of my favorite recipes is Pad Thai with spaghetti squash, cut up chicken, snow peas, and sunshine sauce. There is a recipe for shepherd's pie using cauliflower to top instead of mash potatoes. I make all different sorts of meatballs, different sauces. I use cauliflower "rice," spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles. The no fuss salmon cakes and tarter sauce in ISWF are really good. Fish taco's is another good recipe.

Invest in some good cookbooks.....Everyday Paleo, Well fed, Nom Nom Paleo are all good cookbooks.

Archived