Paleo Enthusiast Starts Whole30

sdwrage

Your brain's beginning to worry that you might be serious about this whole30 malarkey ;)

Yeah, seems that way. My cravings this morning were down but I am still craving sugary drinks and for some reason was very fatigued this morning. I ate two eggs, some apple slices, and a whole cucumber but still feel a bit weak. I am thinking it is the fat issue that was noted earlier and will be going out to get some nuts and also lemons to make some mayo.

Do this: in a large sautee pan, brown a pound of ground beef. Then add the same volume at least of kale (fresh or frozen), and simmer that just until the kale is cooked.  Now use a bowlful of that as your base for 3 poached eggs, and add whatever vegetables you like (I like tomatoes and cooked squash). Top with some mayo or half an avocado, and THAT is your breakfast. I often eat a second bowl of everything except the eggs. I promise it will fill you and you will not feel weak.  Save the leftover beef/kale mix for another meal. I eat it almost every day. :)

For the mayo, my favorite acids are lime juice with a splash of apple cider vinegar (organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered, e.g., Braggs).

2 eggs really isn't enough protein for you either!! You could have 4+! And your breakfast had no fat...besides the bit in the egg...

You don't need lemon for mayo. If you've for vinegar, use that!

well I got the lemon anyways :P well I may have to start over from Day 1 and that may not be a bad thing as I find out more about where I failed a bit. I actually caved and had half a glass of 2% milk after having something spicy... I will try this again tomorrow and start at Day 1. Maybe start a new thread? Should I do that and reference this one?

Do this: in a large sautee pan, brown a pound of ground beef. Then add the same volume at least of kale (fresh or frozen), and simmer that just until the kale is cooked.  Now use a bowlful of that as your base for 3 poached eggs, and add whatever vegetables you like (I like tomatoes and cooked squash). Top with some mayo or half an avocado, and THAT is your breakfast. I often eat a second bowl of everything except the eggs. I promise it will fill you and you will not feel weak.  Save the leftover beef/kale mix for another meal. I eat it almost every day.  :)

For the mayo, my favorite acids are lime juice with a splash of apple cider vinegar (organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered, e.g., Braggs).

Wouldn't this get quite expensive? 0.0 That would be nearly 30 lbs of ground beef a month... for breakfast alone let alone all the other ingredients! lol. I currently don't make that much :P 

You do need to start over, but you didn't fail completely. You listened to your body and drank milk because you were hungry.  You just drank the wrong thing.  Eat enough and you won't feel so hungry; if you do get hungry, eat more of what you are supposed to eat, and then you don't have to restart anything.  This is not a deprivation plan, you just need to eat the right foods and eat enough of them to fuel yourself.

Wouldn't this get quite expensive? 0.0 That would be nearly 30 lbs of ground beef a month... for breakfast alone let alone all the other ingredients! lol. I currently don't make that much :P

I don't eat the whole pound in a day.  With the other vegetables, the mix will last me 3 days. Yes, I eat a lot of meat, but I don't buy grains, dairy, or processed anything, which used to consume most of my food budget.  There are lots of ideas for meal planning and saving money.  My point was to have something ready to go as your base for eggs so you are eating a lot of vegetables and filling fats with your first meal.  Bulk up in the morning and you will not be starving later in the day.

and theres no need to start a new thread....just continue on with a new day one. this log is really your own personal journey, so to go back and see that you did X days, ate something non compliant, restarted etc, is a good thing. you might start to see patterns if it's a recurring thing

I don't eat the whole pound in a day.  With the other vegetables, the mix will last me 3 days. Yes, I eat a lot of meat, but I don't buy grains, dairy, or processed anything, which used to consume most of my food budget.  There are lots of ideas for meal planning and saving money.  My point was to have something ready to go as your base for eggs so you are eating a lot of vegetables and filling fats with your first meal.  Bulk up in the morning and you will not be starving later in the day.

Gotcha :) Thanks for the advice! I see this little stumble as a good thing anyways. It just gave me a few days of good eating before I hit the whole30 hard. 

and theres no need to start a new thread....just continue on with a new day one. this log is really your own personal journey, so to go back and see that you did X days, ate something non compliant, restarted etc, is a good thing. you might start to see patterns if it's a recurring thing

Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Okay. I wouldn't be true to my log if I didn't keep with the truth about everything I am eating. Last night I went to the movies with some friends and as I had already ruined my day, I had a soda and some nachos. Later on that night I had a bit of cheese. I know... horrible. I felt horrible too. I felt the effects of the caffeine more so than I usually do! I felt jittery and on edge. My stomach hurt from the nachos I ingested and I woke up feeling groggy and gross. Lesson learned x.x

So I finally decided to get my fat intake up and made some homemade mayo for today to kickstart day 1 again :)

4ctxos8.png

So I found out if you take that mayo and add onion powder, garlic powder and parsley you have yourself ranch! We made some steak with cooked kale and onions. Had some hazelnuts on the side. I put some of the homemade ranch on top of the steaks and it was delicious :)

So I am taking a break on whole30 for a couple months to do straight paleo. My diet before was a traditional one and I need to get back into the groove of eating paleo again before I take this plunge. You may say it's not hard but it definitely is one of the hardest things I have had to tackle in my lifetime. I will come back in about a month or two and try this again. Thank you to those that motivated me. I will be sticking to a regular paleo diet for a bit to sort of get used to those training wheels. Thanks.

Good for you for deciding now isn't the time for a W30. Personally I started my journey by following one of the meal plans in Practical Paleo which is a bit less strict than W30 and took the meal planning aspect out of the equation while I figured out the food stuff. I highly recommend doing something like that if you can. Good luck!

Archived