Starting 28 August, join me!

francsois

I keep thinking I'm eating too much as well... but I've lost inches I know... haven't checked or weighed myself, but I can tell by the way my clothes go on. And I definitely FEEL like I'm eating more than I did before, and maybe I am. But it's all healthy and aids in a healthy gut, so apparently it's okay!

I know too, when I ate like this before, and didn't count calories, I had no problems. I had a 16% body fat and weighed 117 (I'm 5'1"). AND I was a size 0 at more expensive stores, a 3 for cheap clothes. 

Wish I had 16% body fat! Good going Ashley. I feel okay, less urge for an afternoon nap. I started training again, and my thighs ache from burpees. Note to self-don't stop training for more than a month again!!!!!!!

Cheers

Francsois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

What kind of exercise are you doing? I did Crossfit for two months, then moved to a small rural town. No Crossfit here. I train haphazardly, with some Crossfit stuff thrown in. I do not do any of the barbell-lifty stuff clean-and-jerk type moves, not confident enough (technique issues). Any recommendations for a person  that trains by himself. Books, DVD's websites etc.?

Cheers

Francsois

Wish I had 16% body fat! Good going Ashley. I feel okay, less urge for an afternoon nap. I started training again, and my thighs ache from burpees. Note to self-don't stop training for more than a month again!!!!!!!

Cheers

Francsois

Well thank you! I'm not at 16% anymore... I got pregnant and got really off track with those pregnancy cravings! And then afterwards, tried to get back, but the sugar demon got me!! lol I will get back there though! Right now I'm at about 20%. I'm starting to get less urge to take naps too! Today I went all day, and stayed strong!!! Food prep and a walk this morning with the little one. Then cleaned a little, exercised, took care of the baby again, picked up the older one from school, came home and got ready, made dinner, went to my grandmas and the park, then got home around 730... I'm getting tired now though! It's past 10 pm here!

Hi All

What kind of exercise are you doing? I did Crossfit for two months, then moved to a small rural town. No Crossfit here. I train haphazardly, with some Crossfit stuff thrown in. I do not do any of the barbell-lifty stuff clean-and-jerk type moves, not confident enough (technique issues). Any recommendations for a person  that trains by himself. Books, DVD's websites etc.?

Cheers

Francsois

Francsois,

I would LOVE to do CrossFit! 

I do Insanity, P90X, P90X2, and Brazil Butt Lift. T25 is a newer one and is awesome as well! Only 25 minutes of constant movement.

Today was almost fantastic!! I'm starting to feel the boost of energy, the all around happy feeling... 

First meal: pork chop with an egg, sauteed in coconut oil zucchini and peppers, 1/2 grapefruit

Second meal: ground turkey with spinach and kale, sweet potatoes, hot sauce, apple and 1/2 banana

Third meal: pork chop with hot sauce, kale and spinach salad with peppers, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, olive oil and vinegar dressing, strawberries, and walnuts

I did end up snacking on some carrots today as well.

Towards the end of the day, I started to REALLY want something with carbs and something bad. I received some news that got to me, so it would've been emotional eating. And LUCKILY I read the email for the 8th day, and decided you know what?! I'm NOT going to do it! Because I want to feel the TIGER BLOOD and be pain free!!! So good night everyone! Hope you all are doing fantastic with your Whole30 journey!

Francsois,

I would LOVE to do CrossFit! 

I do Insanity, P90X, P90X2, and Brazil Butt Lift. T25 is a newer one and is awesome as well! Only 25 minutes of constant movement.

Thanks Ashley. So many to choose from. Brazil Butt Lift! Never new such a class existed, sounds like fun (to watch). Lol! I checked the others out, sounds very intense. I am keen to stick to something that is like Crossfit, I liked it.

Cheers

Francsois

Last night was the first night I've gone out to eat and was proud of myself for choosing the healthy steamed fish option. I had to laugh though, because I asked them to replace the side of rice with a side of veggies and they brought me steamed broccoli. There I was with a plate of steamed fish and broccoli, just like the very first Whole30 Daily email described - only my dish looked (and was) a little more tasty than the photo provided in the email. I guess I was hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli! :)

My jeans are starting to fit a little more loosely, so that's been good motivation. I admit I'm tempted to weigh myself, but I won't! It's not about weight loss, but what women doesn't want to know when she's lost a few pounds?

I've always been a breakfast eater, but I LOVE eating breakfast now, and even wake up a little earlier so I have more time to prepare and enjoy it. Before I'd have a couple eggs and some turkey sausage, but now I have a couple eggs with ground turkey, hatch peppers, collard greens, sweet potatoes and whatever else I want to add to the mix! I prep everything in advance, so all I have to do each morning is decide what I'm in the mood for, heat it up in a skillet, add the eggs and voila, I have a wonderful, healthy breakfast that keeps me full until lunch!

Francsois, I know your burpee pain! Unfortunately (or luckily?) I had to remove burpees from my routine when I injured my knees. There are tons of online videos and tutorials for various exercises that you can do at your house where no one can see your form, and where you can do it at your own pace. I only know of female-oriented videos, but I would assume there are just as many for men out there. Have you tried the Men's Health website?

One week down, three more to go! Next week I'll have not one, but three work/social situations that will definitely put me to the test. I'll be sure to have pockets full of healthy snacks!

Loving all the recipe ideas and motivating posts from everyone. :D

Francsois, if you liked Crossfit, I would suggest an online program EPlifefit.com. It's $20/month with a new workout every day, good videos showing the moves and Paleo food recipes. I tried it for 1 month before joining Crossfit gym, thought it was very good quality program.

Today is day 9 for me, going strong. Still have temptations in the evening for some wine, but nothing strong, can definitely deal with it.

-Have a great day!

--Rita

Confession:

I just snarfed down WAY too many almonds and it was not because I was hungry. I've always known, and my actions just proved, that I am a stressed eater. ugh.

I've been sitting at my work desk painstakingly working on a project that is driving me batty, and there I went – I dove head first into the bag of almonds I had in my drawer for “emergency†situations.

I admit that I feel defeated now. I know it wasn't a chocolate bar – which is what I really wanted – but still, I feel like I caved to temptation, which is not compatible with the program.

At least I have a place to confess, instead of just sitting here beating myself up for it. I will not eat another morsel until dinner time – if I'm even hungry by then!

:unsure:

Okay, it's day 9 for me and I'm going strong. I would have thought that by this point I would look and feel thinner but that is not the case so far. Is it just a matter of me being patient? Something I am doing wrong? Thought from you Whole30 pros out there?

Keep up the good work, guys! Almost halfway there!

Okay, it's day 9 for me and I'm going strong. I would have thought that by this point I would look and feel thinner but that is not the case so far. Is it just a matter of me being patient? Something I am doing wrong? Thought from you Whole30 pros out there?

Hang in there, you're not even 1/3 of the way done.   :) It's a bit early to be looking for results ... remember it's a 30 day process.

If you feel you're going strong, keep at it.  If you want to check whether you're on the right track, post 2-3 days worth of your food log and folks here can give you feedback whether you're going in the right direction.

Francsois, if you liked Crossfit, I would suggest an online program EPlifefit.com. It's $20/month with a new workout every day, good videos showing the moves and Paleo food recipes. I tried it for 1 month before joining Crossfit gym, thought it was very good quality program.

Today is day 9 for me, going strong. Still have temptations in the evening for some wine, but nothing strong, can definitely deal with it.

-Have a great day!

--Rita

Thanks Rita, will check it out. Skipped exercise yesterday, went for walk or hobble rather...

Cheers

Francsois

Last night was the first night I've gone out to eat and was proud of myself for choosing the healthy steamed fish option. I had to laugh though, because I asked them to replace the side of rice with a side of veggies and they brought me steamed broccoli. There I was with a plate of steamed fish and broccoli, just like the very first Whole30 Daily email described - only my dish looked (and was) a little more tasty than the photo provided in the email. I guess I was hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli! :)

My jeans are starting to fit a little more loosely, so that's been good motivation. I admit I'm tempted to weigh myself, but I won't! It's not about weight loss, but what women doesn't want to know when she's lost a few pounds?

I've always been a breakfast eater, but I LOVE eating breakfast now, and even wake up a little earlier so I have more time to prepare and enjoy it. Before I'd have a couple eggs and some turkey sausage, but now I have a couple eggs with ground turkey, hatch peppers, collard greens, sweet potatoes and whatever else I want to add to the mix! I prep everything in advance, so all I have to do each morning is decide what I'm in the mood for, heat it up in a skillet, add the eggs and voila, I have a wonderful, healthy breakfast that keeps me full until lunch!

Francsois, I know your burpee pain! Unfortunately (or luckily?) I had to remove burpees from my routine when I injured my knees. There are tons of online videos and tutorials for various exercises that you can do at your house where no one can see your form, and where you can do it at your own pace. I only know of female-oriented videos, but I would assume there are just as many for men out there. Have you tried the Men's Health website?

One week down, three more to go! Next week I'll have not one, but three work/social situations that will definitely put me to the test. I'll be sure to have pockets full of healthy snacks!

Loving all the recipe ideas and motivating posts from everyone. :D

Hi pepper, thanks for the idea of chopping up a bunch of stuff for a few days, save me having to chop every morning. A no brainer really!

Cheers

Francsois

Confession:

I just snarfed down WAY too many almonds and it was not because I was hungry. I've always known, and my actions just proved, that I am a stressed eater. ugh.

I've been sitting at my work desk painstakingly working on a project that is driving me batty, and there I went – I dove head first into the bag of almonds I had in my drawer for “emergency†situations.

I admit that I feel defeated now. I know it wasn't a chocolate bar – which is what I really wanted – but still, I feel like I caved to temptation, which is not compatible with the program.

At least I have a place to confess, instead of just sitting here beating myself up for it. I will not eat another morsel until dinner time – if I'm even hungry by then!

Not that bad Pepper, you should feel good about not going for the  chocolate!

Cheers

F.

In the book they say to not fret about getting thinner, since the goal is health (with some weight loss on the side as a happy consequence). Don't count your chicken yet, they will hatch on day 30, hang in there with us!

Cheers

Francsois

I have been so busy these past couple days that I have been crawling in from work straight to bed barely making it there.  Eating has been clean and compliant but sparse and too little. Dinner last night was a scoop of butternut squash left over from lunch....Today I had to get up super early to drive to the other side of LA for a meeting. These meetings always include a catered junk lunch so I knew that if I didn't want to go all day without eating I would need to pack a lunch. Well, my busy days had dwindled my prepped food down to the bare minimum. I felt so proud of myself for scrapping together enough to make a decent brown bag, which included a snack bag of almonds. These meetings always have candy sprawled over all the tables, so you can mindlessly munch away at it for 4 hours!!! Thanks.... <_<  I put my little bag of almonds in front of me and would graze one or two every once in a while.  I know we are suppose to be re-focusing our eating habits but I count today as a win. I'm right there with you Pepper!  Baby steps, right? Its a marathon not a sprint, yeah? Every step forward isn't a step back, right? 

Confession:

Don't be too hard on yourself!! I did this the other day too, and at first I felt defeated too. I was like, might as well have some ice cream now! (I didn't lol) But then I realized this is a process. And it doesn't have to be 100% perfect. Just do your best the next day! :)

Day 10... it's been rough the past few days as I've been stressed out, so all I want to do is binge eat or have a beer or a mixed drink or something! I have not though! I just tell myself NO! Do you WANT to feel dragged down and tired tomorrow? Or do you want to keep going and get that boundless energy?! Do you want to feel defeated or like you've accomplished something at the end of the day?! And then that just kills it right there!!

Also... I'm honestly not craving breads or dairy. I look at the pizza or the ice cream sandwiches in the fridge for my family, and I crave an apple instead! Or porkchops with a bunch of peppers and spinach. It's crazy! It's like... I want the other stuff out of habit, but if I actually think about them, I don't want them... if that makes sense... lol

Yesterday I went all day, and didn't get tired really. I woke up around 430 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I started cleaning. And I didn't go to bed until 1020 (seems to be the time my body wants to shut down now). I was worried it was going to be a painstakingly long day, but it turned out great! And I didn't get the munchies all day like I would've before. 

How's everyone else doing?

Okay... Here is a summary of what I have eaten yesterday and today and I'll let you guys tell me if I am sabotaging myself somewhere! I will add the caveat that my husband defrosted 2.5 lbs of wild salmon meat for some reason, so I have been trying to cook/eat it all so we don't waste it. Also, I am in school 3 days per week and some days I need to pack my lunch and eat on campus, so lunches need to be easy and require very little prep.

Yesterday

Breakfast: 1 oz salmon (left over from dinner the night before,) 3 strips bacon, 1/2 tomato drizzled with olive oil, 1 handful pineapple and blueberries, 1 mug coffee w coconut milk.

Lunch: 5 slices of Applegate naturals turkey bologna, 1 cucumber sliced, 1 handful organic salted cashews

Snack: 1 handful grapes, 2 handfuls salted almonds

Dinner: 1/2 salmon steak drizzled with olive oil and baked with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary, 2/3 sweet potato w 2 spoonfuls of ghee

Today

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled in grapeseed oil, 1 whole avocado, 1 handful blueberries, 1 mug coffee w coconut milk

Lunch: 2 Applegate Naturals organic hotdogs, 1 tomato sliced and drizzled with olive oil, 10 green olives, 1 spoonful almond butter (because I was still hungry)

Snack: 1 handful grapes, 1 handful organic salted cashews

Dinner: tonight I have to go to a baby shower at a local restaurant and will have a boiled shrimp salad and I'll bring my own dressing. I'll ask them to hold the cheese.

I will say that I read all labels like a pro and know for a fact that no sugar, soy, gluten, etc. are sneaking into my meals. I also find that I don't get hungry between breakfast and lunch, but I do get hungry between lunch and dinner and have to do a snack most afternoons.

Thoughts? I've been trying very hard to be good!

Ashley, that's great that your energy levels are elevated! I could go to bed at 7 pm these days!

Hi All

Cheers

Francsois

Hi Francsois

I have been working with a trainer these last couple of months who is very knowledgeable about functional movement, which I am getting better at in preparation for crossfit.  Basically, I learned lots of compensating improper movements which I am now unlearning, and am also strengthening the core and adding flexibility and stability.  Just started to work with kettlebells, but can definitely see better range of motion.  In the mornings, I do stretches and some core movement things, like get-ups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.

I wonder how everyone is feeling?  Do you notice any changes in your appearance? Energy levels? Quality of sleep? Whiter teeth :D ?

I feel better, but don't know if I lost any weight per se.  What I feel best about is that I am making the right choices every day, and am disciplined in following this program.  So that's a big psychology boost, but my body may be slower in responding than others, I don't know....Would love to hear how it's going for y'all.

Walt

Don't be too hard on yourself!! I did this the other day too, and at first I felt defeated too. I was like, might as well have some ice cream now! (I didn't lol) But then I realized this is a process. And it doesn't have to be 100% perfect. Just do your best the next day! :)

Thanks Ashley!

I made sure to eat a nice healthy dinner last night and not do any evening snacking! 

Thanks for everyone's support to keep me motivated! :)

I wonder how everyone is feeling?  Do you notice any changes in your appearance? Energy levels? Quality of sleep? Whiter teeth :D ?

I feel better, but don't know if I lost any weight per se.  What I feel best about is that I am making the right choices every day, and am disciplined in following this program.  So that's a big psychology boost, but my body may be slower in responding than others, I don't know....Would love to hear how it's going for y'all.

Walt

Hello Walt!

First off, did you get a new dog yet?

I've definitely got more energy during the day, but have been going to bed earlier than normal. In fact, last night I went to bed around 9:30 and my husband made the comment that no one goes to bed that early unless you're an eight year-old. :rolleyes: 

My jeans are fitting a little more loosely, but I'm guessing I'm just less bloated than I was before when I was eating sugar, grains and other crap (wine and margaritas!).

The toughest time for me is late afternoons when I'm at work, have eaten lunch but want a snack out of boredom, or in attempt to stave off being starving during my commute home, and in the evenings when I had gotten used to a sweet snack after dinner. Sometimes I do cave in, but definitely choose healthier options!

I admit I also miss the occasional adult beverage. No amount or variation of sparkling water can replace a glass of nice red wine, but I'm definitely not caving into those temptations! I figure once I finish the 30 days I will re-introduce wine into my diet, only on a much more limited basis than before.

I think my teeth just might be whiter too, what do ya think?  :D 

;) 

I have been so busy these past couple days that I have been crawling in from work straight to bed barely making it there.  Eating has been clean and compliant but sparse and too little. Dinner last night was a scoop of butternut squash left over from lunch....Today I had to get up super early to drive to the other side of LA for a meeting. These meetings always include a catered junk lunch so I knew that if I didn't want to go all day without eating I would need to pack a lunch. Well, my busy days had dwindled my prepped food down to the bare minimum. I felt so proud of myself for scrapping together enough to make a decent brown bag, which included a snack bag of almonds. These meetings always have candy sprawled over all the tables, so you can mindlessly munch away at it for 4 hours!!! Thanks.... <_<  I put my little bag of almonds in front of me and would graze one or two every once in a while.  I know we are suppose to be re-focusing our eating habits but I count today as a win. I'm right there with you Pepper!  Baby steps, right? Its a marathon not a sprint, yeah? Every step forward isn't a step back, right? 

Well Done Deb! I think that if you eat too little you will get hungry, and this will increase the odds of eating crap-a-doodle. Eat more!

Cheers

Francsois

Day 10... it's been rough the past few days as I've been stressed out, so all I want to do is binge eat or have a beer or a mixed drink or something! I have not though! I just tell myself NO! Do you WANT to feel dragged down and tired tomorrow? Or do you want to keep going and get that boundless energy?! Do you want to feel defeated or like you've accomplished something at the end of the day?! And then that just kills it right there!!

Also... I'm honestly not craving breads or dairy. I look at the pizza or the ice cream sandwiches in the fridge for my family, and I crave an apple instead! Or porkchops with a bunch of peppers and spinach. It's crazy! It's like... I want the other stuff out of habit, but if I actually think about them, I don't want them... if that makes sense... lol

Yesterday I went all day, and didn't get tired really. I woke up around 430 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I started cleaning. And I didn't go to bed until 1020 (seems to be the time my body wants to shut down now). I was worried it was going to be a painstakingly long day, but it turned out great! And I didn't get the munchies all day like I would've before. 

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Ash

I recommend meditation for stress. I have given it a try, works for me. http://www.amazon.com/Silence-Your-Mind-ebook/dp/B009DIXASO

The biggest change so far in my experience is a lessened need to take an afternoon nap. Also, I find it easier to stay on the food straight-and-narrow. I felt a bit irritable yesterday; I suspect that is because I had started exercising again, and my hormones are addling my brains. So all good, I am glad i joined this forum, it does seem to make it easier to stay on track.

Cheers

Francsois

Archived