Deep Frying

ArcheoGator

Hello all,

After just starting my Whole30, my fryer sits on my counter full of peanut oil. I was wondering if I could still use it occasionally. Are there any oils/fats I could use for deep frying that would not include seed/peanut oils? 

Also, if I use a healthy fat, would this negate the problems of fried food? I am curious to know if this will simply become a method of cooking that I will say goodbye to. Thanks in advance.

Thank you, and that puts it into perspective a bit. I will have to think on that, because I am not sure if it was a "comfort" food as opposed to another way of cooking. It seems like all food has been comfort food. Though I have fried before without the breading, etc., so I was curious about it being compatible.

I think I am more curious because I do not want to be limited on methods of cooking. I still have baking, stir frying, broiling, and grilling outdoors. Perhaps I will at least let it sit for the 30, then see if I feel like I "need" the fryer.

I think I am more curious because I do not want to be limited on methods of cooking. I still have baking, stir frying, broiling, and grilling outdoors. Perhaps I will at least let it sit for the 30, then see if I feel like I "need" the fryer.

I've never deep fried anything in my whole cooking life - I've eaten deep fried food, but rarely, and choose alternative methods of cooking if I have a choice when out. There are so many other alternatives, you won't get bored!

I am going to check out fatworks. Their prices are not what I am used to paying (used to just use peanut oil), so I will have to see what I can work into the budget. The duck fat is also tempting for pan frying, but the cost is . . .  wow. Until then, the fryer may just sit empty.

" I am going to check out fatworks. Their prices are not what I am used to paying (used to just use peanut oil), so I will have to see what I can work into the budget. The duck fat is also tempting for pan frying, but the cost is . . . wow. Until then, the fryer may just sit empty. "

I never deep fry anything so my fats last a long time. You can strain and reuse them. Also, you can buy a brick of their beef tallow and use it over and over.

Archived