Feedback on breakfast - am I overdoing it?

Christine55

I am really enjoying my breakfasts and am feeling full for a long time (usually lasts until 1 pm or so), but I am worried that I may be eating too much. I have been using the guidelines in ISWF, but was interested in some feedback from others.

Here goes:

-1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk (I have a sensitivity to egg whites, hence the focus on the yolk)

- scoop of steamed sweet potatoes

- 1 medium sized pork sausage

- 1/4 avacado

- scoop of salsa

Look forward to your comments!

As long as you don't feel overstuffed after eating and they are lasting you 4-5 hours, then your meals are good. I don't think it looks like you are eating too much at all, but I do think your veggie amount looks a bit on the light side (depending on the size of a scoop of sw. Potato!)

• Moderators

My guess is that you are doing okay on the protein and fat with 1.5 eggs and some sausage. Adding the avocado is fine, but not required to get "enough" fat at this meal. I don't know how big a scoop of sweet potato is, but you do want to eat a generous amount - 2-3 cups. 

Many people fail to eat enough during a Whole30 because they think that eating healthy means eating "light" meals and being a little hungry. In my experience, real healthy eating involves generous portions and feeling satisfied throughout the day. 

Many thanks for all your comments. I will look to build up on my veggies. I am definitely not at the 2-3 cups. More like 1/2 cup of sweet potato. So, I will drop out the avacado and focus more on other veggies. This is much appreciated!! Thanks very much everyone!! What a great resource and support this is!

Archived